Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

15 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

I sent Konaka San a picture of my jacket... he responded saying he's making a 1922 model. I sent him the 1922 picture from the book to check... would post a pic if I had decent light... interesting

He's making a 1922 model? 

Going by the book it was the last model with the perpendicular sleeves before the introduction of the curved sleeve opening (?) so would be interested to see it in the flesh. The only clear fit pic of it is in the 1919/1923 catalogue pic ( again in Levis jackets book). I think the fit would be like the closed ftont/open front jumper, boxy with drop shoulders.

Be interesting to see the denim used.

Edited by Dr_Heech
Cos lm forgetful

That’s what his message said. I sent him the picture from the book so let’s see if he confirms. 

Page 24/25 in the book has a 1922 model as you describe, with flapless pointed pocket, positioned low with pocket top parallel to the second lowest button

we also carry cushman in the store and online shop

https://thesignetstore.com/collections/cushman?page=1

we have theyre 22501xx model all made by CSF even the fabric the 1st edition which is the NON XX the fabric is  from cushman only the sewing is by CSF

the new XX 22501 also tweaked the fit a bit shorter back yoke straighter cut , a tad looser from the  waist down..  these for me has a better fit for bigger boys people who are

aroung 36-size 40 waist.  you just need to size up 2 on these if you are wearing 34 on most brand you need a 36 on these

image.thumb.png.2d159a7dc31e1e84b0a3ff6e250ab8f1.png

we also did a measurement after we wash them cold in the machine and did a single cycle on the dryer around 50 mins on the dryer and these measurements came out.

1656986915_Screenshot2020-11-29at9_24_52PM.thumb.png.de5e6688e2990e84b21191a167de6d75.png

AS FOR THE JACKET  

we also have the XX type  and heres the link 

https://thesignetstore.com/collections/cushman/products/denim-jacket-21506?variant=31993165971539

image.thumb.png.07c18088b75b2c453e2b0867e42fda0e.png

and heres the measurement 

after a cold machine wash and single cycle on the dryer 50 mins or so.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 9.20.27 PM.png

and yeah we do free shipping all over the world till the 1st of january 2021 

heres the code : signetforsufu 

hit up up for any queries and other things you wanna know from measuring a pair and taking a photo of it and sending it to you via email ..

cheers!

Edited by Signet

• 2 weeks later...

So I heard back from Konaka-San... it turns out he meant a 1927 jacket and 1922 jeans... rather than a 1922 jacket... quite liked the idea of a 1922 jacket too

He sent me this picture

If I remember earlier banter on this, opinions were the models weren't as period-correct as could be expected

CSF 1927.JPG

Seems to a thing now doesn't it, 1922 jeans and 1927 jacket - Both Warehouse and Freewheelers, and now CSF. 

The truth is that no maker has produced a proper accurate 1922 model jean to date, as most seem to mash up the details between the first belt loop model in 1922, and the transitional models of the late 1920's. 

Does he use ightweight denim on the belt loops? Three button fly not four?

I would imagine he's produced a general 1920's model jean like he previously did (like the pair @dudewuttheheck recently owned). Jacket looks 'ok' though from the photo(?)

With Conners prices now bordering even more on the ridiculous ( ..for me at least) - much like Freewheelers, l think I'll stick to my Warehouse 1922's - over a 100 quid less and you get the same level of detail plus arcuates!

Edited by Dr_Heech

The price is becoming pretty repulsive isn't it.. (makes me wish i would have taken a bit more care of my pairs :rolleyes:) as much as Konaka-san tries to sew the feeling of the era into his jeans (which he does very well) it goes out the window when you find yourself poncing around in £500 denimz, i would like another pair of 46's but i just can't bring myself to pull the trigger when i have a pile of pre lawsuit SC-47's to go at, they certainly don't have the attention to detail and unique feel of CSF-46's but what they are is a very good pair of jeans for a very good price, same would have been said of late 40's Levi's.

I haven't actually checked :blush: but the value of the £ has fallen massively against the ¥  since i ordered my pair at the beginning of 2016, i paid, ¥48600 for the S406xx & ¥41040 for the S409xx but then the pound dropped 18.5% against the yen in that year, 8% down in 2018 and a further 4% this year.

Whats the opposite of Kerching?

26 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I haven't actually checked :blush: but the value of the £ has fallen massively against the ¥  since i ordered my pair at the beginning of 2016, i paid, ¥48600 for the S406xx & ¥41040 for the S409xx but then the pound dropped 18.5% against the yen in that year, 8% down in 2018 and a further 4% this year.

Whats the opposite of Kerching?

30 cents short of a quarter

7 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

CSF ¥42,000 +? (£303)

Freewheelers ¥36,000 (£260)

Warehouse ¥30,800 (£222)

I paid nearly 400 quid for my 1941's including all taxes and postage and my last pair of FW47s were £270.

Anyway,  l wanted to say you're right about FW and WH prices. I was thinking about FW garb in general being out of reach for me price-wise after looking at their latest offering of coats etc, and l should have stated that in my rant.

I love my 2 pairs of CSF btw 

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

I paid nearly 400 quid for my 1941's including all taxes and postage and my last pair of FW47s were £270.

Anyway,  l wanted to say you're right about FW and WH prices. I was thinking about FW garb in general being out of reach for me price-wise after looking at their latest offering of coats etc, and l should have stated that in my rant.

I love my 2 pairs of CSF btw 

I wouldn’t call it a rant Doc. I agree that denim prices seem to be skyrocketing ... sadly, we are the ones probably causing that. With regard to cost of other items I guess you’ve got to look at the make up of the garment.

Fairly regularly (here and elsewhere) I see folks quoting cost in their own local currency and adding things like taxes, custom duties and postage. It might be what someone paid on an individual basis but it doesn’t paint an accurate picture across the board. Apple and oranges.

31 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Fairly regularly (here and elsewhere) I see folks quoting cost in their own local currency and adding things like taxes, custom duties and postage. It might be what someone paid on an individual basis but it doesn’t paint an accurate picture across the board. Apple and oranges.

Totally agreed. I just look at the Japanese retail prices and these jeans we buy are among the most stable priced items I come across. I think Samurai's normal jeans have the same price since I started wearing raw denim and also Resolute jeans for example cost exactly the same as they did 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Totally agreed. I just look at the Japanese retail prices and these jeans we buy are among the most stable priced items I come across. I think Samurai's normal jeans have the same price since I started wearing raw denim and also Resolute jeans for example cost exactly the same as they did 10 years ago.

It was probably in the leather jacket thread I pointed out Freewheelers jackets are almost exactly the same price in USD today as they were 10 years ago.

So many factors influence this, but I just feel if we’re going to say, for example, a pair of jeans are expensive then we should only talk about the list price. Tax and shipping and exchange rates are nothing to do with the cost ... even if they do contribute to emptying your wallet at an alarming rate.

Surely a more telling, and useful, measure to track is total cost per (full day of) wear

In that respect, paying a lot but wearing to death would be more acceptable - an indication of good value

I've got stuff that didn't cost as much as other stuff but I've hardly worn so feels well expensive! And vice versa

Of course, value is in the eye of the beholder

Edited by MJF9

¥42,000 is a lot to pay for a pair of jeans.  But I've done it three times without regret -- well, maybe a little.  No doubt, there's something unique about the CSF experience -- trying to communicate with Konaka-san, wondering how how each model is different, receiving the box of boxes in the mail, noticing that nothing else quite fits the same (for better or worse), and figuring out what to do with all that extra thread.  Opening a CSF box is a hobbyist's dream.  But I do ask myself, 'Is everything I see here intentional?  Does it matter?  Am I a fool?"  Please don't answer the last question.

I just paid more for a pair of Roy jeans.  But I know what I'm getting here -- a perfectly sewn pair of pants made by one guy in Oakland who loves sewing machines, makes no compromises, and puts his heart and soul into it.  I've visited Roy but never met Konaka-san or been to Japan.  No idea what the reality is behind One Piece of Rock.  Hoping it's 'good' and true to the history that he's trying to recapture.  But I'll leave that for others to comment on -- i.e., who know the history better or who have visited him in Japan.