Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Thanks lads 

Was maybe gonna do a bit of a comparison between the 2 ww2 models and 2 46's I have if there was any interest ? Dont want to spam the thread with all my posts but not many people posting here anymore 

Compare away mate. I for one am always interested and it would make a nice change from the usual tcb and music threads.

I would post pics of mine but (a) l dont/cant do fit pics and (b) my conners are not fast faders due to my sedentary lifestyle. Maybe in a year or so when there's some evo to speak of ...

7 hours ago, Flash said:

Thanks lads 

Was maybe gonna do a bit of a comparison between the 2 ww2 models and 2 46's I have if there was any interest ? Dont want to spam the thread with all my posts but not many people posting here anymore 

Please do! I'll be posting my new pair when they show up, but now he's saying they won't be ready until early 2021...

Thanks for the kind words gents... must say the CSF work is top notch... which is what the OGs here have been saying for years... and tis true

In adopted Yorkshire spirit, I've said to the family I'm more than happy to put the heating on when it drops below 10C (in the house)... until then it's jackets, hats and star jumps... 

Sun came out for a bit today ( wasn't for long though ) so I decided to do a pit of a comparison between the 2 46 and ww2 pairs 

First ups the 46 

20201121_133915

Plenty of space in the new pair since I've sized up 2 from the 31's below

20201121_133511

Quite different shapes to the coin pockets . You probably wont be able to see it from the picture but the rivets have on the worn pair are all branded whereas the new pair have I mix of plain and branded 

20201121_133816

He has also started using branded rivet back instead of the usual universal brand rivets 

20201121_133559

The belt loops on new pair have a lot more material folded under compared to the older ones 

20201121_133611

definitely an intentional choice to do this because all the belt loops are pretty consistent in there length 

20201121_133708

Same configuration of buttons 

20201121_133733

Steel on the new pair and copper coated on the old 

20201121_134030

One Of the best improvements Yoshiaki has made ( imo ) is switching the rayon he used for the tabs , the early models tab was very thick and didn't have the same feel as vintage Levi's 

Ww2 up next 

20201121_134411

Old pair uses the ww2 denim and the new pair are made with the 47 denim 

20201121_134611

Pair on the right uses black thread in the chainstitch,  this is seen on some Levi's in the late 30's and caried on into the early s501xx models ,not certain but I think it could have disappeared after the first year of the s501xx

20201121_13511720201121_135140

Quite different pocket shapes on these 

And this pic is just to show the difference in the ww2 and 47 denim shrink/stretch rates . Both pairs have been washed and worn so should be shrunk /stretched to there final shape 

20201121_140627

The 46 ( ww2 denim ) on top are a 31 and are just a fraction of an inch smaller than the size 33 ww2 ( 47 denim ). 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

The difference in size between the coin pockets is perplexing, as the sz 31 have a much larger c.p. than the sz 33's(?)

@Flash the thing that happened with the belt loops, the exact same thing happened with Lvc. It looks like (to my inexperienced eye) that the quality may be slipping by corner cutting??

?? Wouldnt say they were anything less than the usual conners quality I've encountered but that's not saying he couldn't be cutting a corner here , anyone who has tried to order a pair in the last few years has seen the increasing wait times so there has gotta be some trade off with increased volume 

Edited by Flash

I think @Double 0 Soul advice was to size up three for a normal, slightly loose fit. Size up two for a trimmer, more closer fit. The second type of fit is only for the brave, certainly for an individual with snake like hips (like flash)

I (eventually) sized up 4, but could've sized up 3. Don't mind a loose fitting jean at all. Then covid happened and my waistline has ballooned due to beer overload so the sz 38's are now just right :blush:

12 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Great to see the jacket MJF9 ...

... as well as the jeans comparison shots Flash.  Is the cut pretty similar between WW2 and 46?  Thoughts on the WW2 vs. 47 denim -- does the latter shrink more?

The cuts are pretty similar but the ww2 does taper a little from the knee to the hem 

The 47 definitely shrinks a good amount but more importantly than that there is next to zero stretch from the fabric