Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 1:22 PM, Flash said:

Yes mate , Northern Ireland 

I always have my stuff sent as a gift when ordering outside Europe..... government gets enough of my money as it is 

Hey Flash - if sent as a gift - do you avoid duty? what if jeans sent as repair or hem etc

1 hour ago, jsky808080 said:

Hey Flash - if sent as a gift - do you avoid duty? what if jeans sent as repair or hem etc

You will avoid customs duty on items marked as gift up to the value of £135.00 (includes price of item+postage+any insurance paid). UK VAT applies to gifts above the value of £39.00 (item price+postage+any insurance paid).

Finally time to post some updates on my CSF 1937 jeans. I have worn these for about 15-16 months and was able to wear them at work for around 6 months. One soak and two washes in the tub. Yeah, yeah, I don't wash enough and I don't care. I'm very happy with how these have aged. At only 11oz before the initial soak, they are certainly slow faders, but I think the patience has been worth it and they definitely have a lot more life left in them.

TC3iHGC.jpg?1

hzKCdJs.jpg?1

XWg0cWq.jpg

0bxhn2n.jpg

RxkrrwN.jpg

YYjFc2A.jpg

HCtbxji.jpg

0Ra6TTQ.jpg

JGCEq40.jpg

p2wWmrP.jpg

yvz1gsG.jpg

kaHsgWG.jpg

SEHZUp5.jpg

qJDthJi.jpg

Here are the items I purchased while visiting CSF in Japan. I finally purchased the 1946 first half jeans and on features alone, these are my favorite in my collection. My collection now includes 1922, 1937, WWII SF, 1946 first half, and 1947. I am pretty happy with my collection, but may add the 1946 second half eventually or one of the other WWII models. If anyone is interested in some sort of more in depth comparison between all models, please let me know. I also picked up a 1946 jacket in the limited edition black denim and had an embroidery of a P-40 Warhawk put on it by the in house embroiderer. I know many don't like the limited edition denim colors, but I don't mind them so long as he keeps making the excellent repros. I went with this because I already have a blue denim jacket from him and can wear the black easier with my blue jeans (I do not like to wear double blue denim normally) and I sort of treated this as a souvenir jacket- it's sort of weird and unique and I love it. The embroidery work also really impressed me. I can also add some more shots of the actual visit if anyone wants. It was an amazing time.

vtyoJhC.jpg

zi2INIk.jpg

6SSSPzo.jpg

0EVw4Ji.jpg

XCYmN03.jpg

0FVt6Wv.jpg

On 3/2/2019 at 5:58 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

hzKCdJs.jpg?1

What's up with the threads on the cut edge poking through the seam? Is that intentional and part of his precise, exquisite reproduction of flawed construction? 

Fit pic of my newly acquired S409XXX M-WW2s. Shout out to @Flash, and my lady for convincing me to purchase them from him. Shipped them so fast I didn’t even have to pretend like I wasn’t impatient :D Thanks again mate...

02E49209-FCFC-40B2-9879-F8BB342CD988.thumb.jpeg.fa72580d761da34b37ece356ee253331.jpegBE187E32-36F9-47B9-AE7D-9178DDDF42A8.thumb.jpeg.f14a9907232a7d58b922b674ff1326f8.jpeg

Worn with Eastman Lofgren type ii, Lofgren combat boots

Have a little under an inch of room in the waist which is perfect by my standards. Slimmest pair I’ve worn in a couple years but I’m loving it. Look great with sneakers and have just enough leg opening for engineer boots

Expect constant updates because these just ended my large rotation

Bit of a fit update on my size 34 ww2 , been wearing them quite a bit and the Denim has really started to take shape 

49711F16-5D03-43EA-AB06-917EE149C3ED_zps

DF9D2716-C031-4270-BE70-469E85337D0D_zps

im still surprised they fit considering the 30’s I had were wearable , slimmer than they should have been but still wearable