Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

17 hours ago, Broark said:

I think I’ve talked myself down from the ledge a bit as I already have two pairs of WH jeans using the same denim. They’re great but they’re very expensive and I’m enjoying my 1946 jeans a lot so far so I should just keep wearing them. Honestly i would prefer to pay that much for the jacket, but he said they are all sold. I think I’ve decided I’d rather put that money into a type I or II later this year from Konaka. But who knows, maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow and feel differently. :D

@Broark Your first two lines are exactly what I've been thinking today! I had messaged Konaka about them as I also don't have any CSF but I didn't expect any in my size to be left over. I'm still breaking in my Warehouse DD1003 1945 and have the 1943 still in their canvas bag waiting their turn. £385+shipping+ customs fees then take them realistically to £500, which is crazy. I could easily get 2 more pairs of Warehouse DD for the same money. So tempting but I think just too expensive when I'm not short of denim at the mo. But then again, those amazing arcs...

20 hours ago, EdwardBear said:

@Broark Your first two lines are exactly what I've been thinking today! I had messaged Konaka about them as I also don't have any CSF but I didn't expect any in my size to be left over. I'm still breaking in my Warehouse DD1003 1945 and have the 1943 still in their canvas bag waiting their turn. £385+shipping+ customs fees then take them realistically to £500, which is crazy. I could easily get 2 more pairs of Warehouse DD for the same money. So tempting but I think just too expensive when I'm not short of denim at the mo. But then again, those amazing arcs...

Our grandparents will think it's crazy to pay so much for a repro Levi's jeans

I just received my 1922 jeans the other day and in terms of design, they are already by favorite pair. Cinch back and exposed back pocket rivets? Yes, please!! Those are my two favorite design details in jeans. Other cool details of note include the suspender buttons that I will likely never use, the beautifully wonky stitching on the back pockets, and the back pockets themselves which have one of the most interesting and appealing back pocket shapes that I have ever seen. These are pre-soak pics and I'm not too fussed about taking post-soak ones yet because this pair utilizes the 1937 11oz denim which I have already photographed extensively. Overall, I am in love with these. The lighter denim is perfect in California and as I know from my 1937 jeans, extremely comfortable as well. 

zsNMcph.jpg?1

mvHWk0c.jpg

hxv7InT.jpg

N0NWY0i.jpg

KobSX7k.jpg

psPSt89.jpg

14H20q2.jpg

zDupMSS.jpg

iaSQxfT.jpg

MOQBvL1.jpg

mx1f2jU.jpg

FtmgT9a.jpg

aIEnPEz.jpg

PeqxZvC.jpg

YA533XZ.jpg

DxXI5W8.jpg

4VxrwcS.jpg

28 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Hey @Broark , here are my measurements of the S409XXX M47 in size w38 l36.

Raw 
Waist: 37.4"
Front rise: 13.8"
Back rise: 18"
Hip: 21.5"
Thigh: 13.6"
Knee: 10.4" 
Leg opening: 9.5"
Inseam: 36"

bf how much are these gonna shrink? and can i see fit pics on raw? should i do a 40?

On 14.5.2018 at 2:56 PM, edmond said:

bf how much are these gonna shrink? and can i see fit pics on raw? should i do a 40?

I expect at least 2" in the waist and 3" in the inseam. Haven't washed them yet. Trying to take some fit pics today in their raw state.
Funny thing is that my size 36 fit quite wel these days due to losing weight. Maybe the w38 turn out to be quite loose :D

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think you should have bought a 36 b_F, you're too svelte for those 38s nowadays judging by those measurements. Still, maybe you want 'em loose for the summer.

I already own the '47 model in size 36. When I bought them I was a tad bigger and had to stretch them out quite a bit (you can see the initial fit pics somewhere in 2016 I think). Also the fly was pulling open. I haven't worn them in a while and thought it would be best to just get a bigger size and shrink them down, so shrink-to-fit and not stretch-to-fit.
Now after I bought the size 38, I took them out of the box just to find they fit quite well :D 
But I still have to factor in that they are stretched out to the max and after a wash the situation will change. So the size 38 washed would probably fit right from the get go and maybe I will simply wash them hotter and more often to make them fit properly.

Maybe size 37 would be my ideal size but I'm not entirely sure Konaka-san offers that size. I hope I can take some pictures for comparison today.

Not related to CSF specifically, but I always found it strange that jeans, and most pants, are sized in 1" increments up to 34". Some models are made in 35" but it's rare. And I've never seen a 37". Perhaps it's a patterning throw back to when being above 34" was less common? And fellas generally wore their jeans fuller. if you happened to be larger than 34", 2" +/- was close enough? 

13 hours ago, mpukas said:

Not related to CSF specifically, but I always found it strange that jeans, and most pants, are sized in 1" increments up to 34". Some models are made in 35" but it's rare. And I've never seen a 37". Perhaps it's a patterning throw back to when being above 34" was less common? And fellas generally wore their jeans fuller. if you happened to be larger than 34", 2" +/- was close enough? 

To be honest, I still wonder why companies don't make a size 37. I've seen many comments and reflections about how a size between a 34 and 36 or between a 36 and 38 would be perfect. 35 and 37 should be more standard sizes.