Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

• 2 weeks later...

Just gave my 1946’s their first wash, I went old school this time and hand washed them in the tub. I was worried about losing much more inseam length and I also just kind of wanted to hand wash a pair as it’s been a long time since I’ve done it. And if these jeans were around in 1946 they likely wouldn’t have been washed in a washing machine, so I’m gojng for the historically accurate washing method. :D

That last part is just me bullshitting,  I’ll post some pictures once they’re dry!

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Just gave my 1946’s their first wash, I went old school this time and hand washed them in the tub. I was worried about losing much more inseam length and I also just kind of wanted to hand wash a pair as it’s been a long time since I’ve done it. And if these jeans were around in 1946 they likely wouldn’t have been washed in a washing machine, so I’m gojng for the historically accurate washing method. :D

That last part is just me bullshitting,  I’ll post some pictures once they’re dry!

Interesting timing. I just gave my 1937's their first wash as well due to spilling some pasta sauce on them. I did a cold tub soak and lost almost no indigo at all and they smell fresh as a daisy. It makes me wonder why I was always so afraid of washing my jeans in the past...

I am new to the forum. After reading the whole thread, I have ordered a pair of M46 First Half through instagram.

I thought it could take a few months for the jeans to be made, but I am so lucky that Yoshiaki San started making my jeans right after my order.

The jeans has arrived today, can't wait to start wearing them!

ImJOAQD.jpg

L8UxWuJ.jpg

OEcXggG.jpg

On 3/30/2018 at 4:02 AM, Flash said:

post some fit pics when you wash them , good to have more posters in the thread 

Did a hot soak and a Rinse-Spin in washing machine.

The waist is fine but they are a bit tight in the hip area, should be able to stretch them out with more wear..

Bad fit pic taken by my cell phone

S9crV4x.jpg

5BDNfya.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks as if that Warehouse collaboration is happening, but it looks as if you'll have to order them in person if my understanding of the Google translate is correct.
Anyone in Japan want to go cop me a pair at the end of the month? :D

Sure to be a cool pair of jeans , looking forward to the details and I hope you do get a pair mate . Ive promised myself that I'm done buying jeans ( with the exception of another pair of ww2 Conner's as my pair fits a bit tight ) for a few years , I've got plenty of Conners to keep me going a while so I'm good 

Edited by Flash

If I can manage to get a pair I might, but it’s borderline too rich for my blood. Plus it’s not like I need any jeans right now, as I’ve been enjoying wearing my 46’s a lot. I might shoot Konaka a message and see if it’s possible, but my understanding is that it’ll be in person only for an event. Google Translate could be deceiving though. 

Both denims look great, can't wait for my 46's to reach that level one day.
Can't wait to order my type II later this year, it'll be made with the 47 denim so I'll have a little contrast between the two.
But maybe I'll try and get my hands on the WH collaboration type I as well...

Selling there ww2s so I can get a bigger size , these were my first pair of Conners and like many I made an error in sizing but my loss is your gain I suppose 

20180418_183543_zpsbzpyx04v.jpg

20180418_183550_zpsgo8uw9gu.jpg

20180418_183602_zps09wgohxs.jpg

While taking the measurements I noticed there was a broken stitch in the crotch , easy fix for someone handy with a needle and thread ... unfortunately I'm not that handy person 

Waist 30.75 

Inseam 31 

Thigh 11.25

Hem 7.75

20180418_202831_zpsnddeubpb.jpg

Asking for £200 shipped worldwide 

There are lots of detail pics of these at the start and all through the thread 

Edited by Flash

• 2 weeks later...

About another month in the books, love how this denim is coming along.
Thinking I might get a pair of 47's at the end of the year after I put some good wear into these.
Might wear these for another month before washing again.
mEQRaMd.jpg
zjndjaS.jpg
OE754jg.jpg
3OeDQjG.jpg
K8gdrJl.jpg
tKXqpIE.jpg
83FESf9.jpg

Yeah I’m thoroughly enjoying the WWII denim, it’s irregular without being overly exaggerated. 

So Konaka just messaged me saying the WH collaboration jeans are available, should I do it? Very tempted...

If you’re genuinely asking for advice, then don’t do it, they’re far too expensive. Think of the opportunity cost. I’m not playing devil’s advocate, I simply think that price is nonsense for a pair of jeans. However, it’s your money so do whatever you want, just think it through and don’t get caught up in the hype.

I think I’ve talked myself down from the ledge a bit as I already have two pairs of WH jeans using the same denim. They’re great but they’re very expensive and I’m enjoying my 1946 jeans a lot so far so I should just keep wearing them. Honestly i would prefer to pay that much for the jacket, but he said they are all sold. I think I’ve decided I’d rather put that money into a type I or II later this year from Konaka. But who knows, maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow and feel differently. :D