Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Nice one mate , how do they feel (fit) pre wash 

Thanks guys, pre wash they feel nice and roomy in the seat/thighs but a little snug in the waist given how high the rise is. I think with a little shrinkage in the rise and then some subsequent stretching in the waist they should fit nicely. 

I received my 1947 jeans several days ago meaning that I now have all 3 of the current fabrics on offer. I apologize for not posting pictures sooner, but I wanted to have the pre and post-soak pictures ready to go.

On @Flash's recommendation, I went a size up to a 38 which was definitely the right call. After a total of 2 hours of hot soaking, they still feel slightly loose in the waist, but I will likely soak them one more time or perhaps even give them a gentle machine wash to get every last bit of shrink out. I am fairly certain that the 36 would have felt tighter than the other models I own and that a 37 would have been the most ideal fit, but in this case, sizing up was the right move.

Interestingly, the measurements are quite similar to my size 36 WWII SF and 1937 jeans with the main difference being a slightly wider leg opening and obviously the wider waist. So far, I can say that it has the smoothest fabric of all three of my CSF pairs. 

Pre-soak:

9o3gzG7.jpg?1

imNX8vh.jpg

sSWlg3i.jpg

Post-soak:

cDICgdl.jpg?1

paqvELt.jpg

kuEM2p2.jpg

a3zFmWd.jpg

59TWbi6.jpg

C6T53DG.jpg

BWbbzkH.jpg

q9ky7sj.jpg

78mN0bd.jpg

Overall, these are the most cleanly constructed of all my CSF jeans with the 1937s coming in at second place. With that said, they still ooze that CSF charm and out of the box wabi-sabi that we all adore.

Having these allows me to do a full comparison between all three of the standard denim fabrics that CSF offers. The 1937s and WWII jeans have been worn, but given how little opportunity I have to actually wear denim and my propensity to wear trousers and chinos as well, the comparison is still pretty accurate as the other two pairs do not have too much abuse yet.

For reference, the 1937s are on the left, 1947s are in the middle, and the WWIIs are on the right.

g928Knt.jpg

yHC2vpb.jpg

1937 vs. 47

3P0DGUi.jpg

AxOtDEA.jpg

1947vs. WWII SF

ZK9KQAC.jpg

7mNObhZ.jpg

1937 vs. WWII

M5csYu7.jpg

Some fit pics:

MlDaFSN.jpg

aaPqMHh.jpg

5s3pKXO.jpg

RRomF9o.jpg

Overall, the 1947 denim seems to be the most grey while the WWII and 1937 fabrics are more blue from these pictures. The 1937s are the hairiest and the WWII definitely has the most character and is the slubbiest, even though I would not actually call it a slubby denim. It is far too early to say which is my favorite at this point, but I hope this helps give reference to everyone.

Sizing comparison:

1947 pre-soak:

Waist: 18.5"

Front rise: 14.75"

Rear Rise: 17.25"

Thigh: 13.25"

Knee: 10.5"

Hem: 9.6"

Inseam: 31"

1947 post-soak:

Waist: 17.75"

Front rise: 13"

Rear Rise: 16.5"

Thigh: 13"

Knee: 10."

Hem: 9.25"

Inseam: 29"

1937 size 36: 

Waist: 17.25"

Front rise: 13.75"

Rear Rise: 16.5"

Thigh: 13"

Knee: 10.5"

Hem: 8.8"

WWII size 36:

Waist: 17.25"

Front rise: 12.75"

Rear Rise: 16"

Thigh: 12.75"

Knee: 10.25"

Hem: 9"

Big thanks to @Flash for his help! 

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Fun fact: while my 47 and WW2 are the same tag size and my 47 indeed measure smaller (but not that much like your pair), the 47 still feels more comfortable when worn. Must be the smoother denim.

I agree. The 1947 does in fact feel more comfortable than the WWII jeans to me too. I think it must be the denim because my 1937s feel more comfortable than the WWII as well.

• 1 month later...