Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

tbh, all csf is totes where its at...

looking fwd to full measurements when received broark sir!

and also: to call on your multitudes of knowledge: flash and b_F: in context of cone discussions, any thoughts on difference between cone and csf denim? (I know discussion was made of the non-showy aspect of csf denim compared to others japanese denim: how does lvc 1947 stack up in comparison?)  

Not really a fan of the two face / three face stuff ( the type 2 on the last page ) , the workmanship is great as always but there is a bit too much messing with the details ( think this is input from the shop owner because he has a lot of crazy looking multicolour boots and stuff ) for my taste , donut buttons on a type 2 ...... no thanks 

Regarding Cone vs csf denim ( ww2 denim ) , both produce and use very nice denim ..... different but nice all the same . As far as Conners are concerned i think they nailed the ww2 denim , if you look back through Yoshiaki's imstagram you will see a side by side pic of the Conners denim and the vintage s501xx that its based on . Im not sure what cone's approach is , if they reproduce a specific vintage fabric or if the just make a nice denim but i really appreciate Yoshiaki's approach to making his jeans as close to the originals as possible 

Edited by Flash

Lighting is way too bad in the evening. So but what I can say so far: the CSF denim is bluer but darker as the denim is woven tighter. Less weft is showing through. Both denims have few irregularities. The Cone denim of the 1947 is lighter in feel and weight. 

All in all, the CSF 47 denim is probably most Cone-esque denim of all my Japanese jeans. 

58 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Lighting is way too bad in the evening. So but what I can say so far: the CSF denim is bluer but darker as the denim is woven tighter. Less weft is showing through. Both denims have few irregularities. The Cone denim of the 1947 is lighter in feel and weight. 

All in all, the CSF 47 denim is probably most Cone-esque denim of all my Japanese jeans. 

thanks so much

good to hear; that was my suspicion with csf as non-slub, but more intensity...

would love to see pix if can do

[much respect for the csf project so really enjoying all pix and details, one day wallet will open...]

5 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Hit and run? 

No, luckily the guy stopped and gave me all his information.
Just waiting to see how much it'll cost, I keep my deductible pretty high so my insurance payments are lower.
Coming back to bite me a bit currently, but I've never been involved in any sort of accident before so it's all pretty new to me.
Just glad the car is drivable and no one got hurt.

Right, I'm just waiting to make sure it all shakes out that way since it was very clearly his fault.
Don't want to assume the insurance will cover everything then get hit with a repair bill or deductible payment. Airing on the side of caution more than anything.
So hopefully everything will get settled within the next week or so and then I can order my jeans. :D