Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

2 hours ago, edmond said:

Whats the loosest fit if them all? 

Ww2

1946 first

1946 2nd

1947?

It depends on which WWII, I read that San Jose is a little slimmer than San Francisco... I know that at least one of the WWII is slimmer than the others.

I just ordered the 37's and Konaka-San says that those are definitely looser than the WWII if you want to look at those.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Took a few comparison pics of the M-46 first and second half 

( first half is the faded pair ) 

IMG_20171009_094617_090_zpsrtkdndfa.jpg

IMG_20171009_094617_094_zpsnhpay1zs.jpg

20171009_093625_zpsz9sopwwx.jpg

20171009_093641_zpscgpjbgcn.jpg

20171009_141219_zpsjud3hcnt.jpg

20171009_093857_zpskoqigbvn.jpg

20171009_094028_zpsboxoiubd.jpg

Like i said in a previous post , the second half has a much more tidy finish and look pretty close to the M-47 with the exception of the few war time details that remain . I must say that i prefer the first half because of the rougher sewing work , it gives them a real no nonsence workwear feel 

Both pairs look great Flash, I'm planning on getting the 1946 1st half pretty soon.
It would be cool if I could get the green herringbone pocket bags too, as I've always loved that detail.
Not sure he will do it for me though!

2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Great comparison pics! And hopefully the fire isn't too bad!

Thanks! I'll hopefully be able to do more. I'll at least do a fit pic comparison of some kind.

Over 1,000 homes were evacuated. I'm not all the close to the actual fire, but it is much worse than first thought.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to post some fit pics of the new 37s.

I know that the cuffs are absolutely awful. I fixed them after the pics were taken :P

Measurement comparisons: Both are size 36 and both have been hemmed by Konaka-San himself (this is something I am very adamant about for these jeans only) However, the WWII were pre-washed by him and the 37's were hot soaked by me for an hour. That could certainly mess with the measurements.

WWII San Francisco

Waist:17.5"

Front Rise: 13.75"

Rear Rise: 16.5"

Thigh: 13"

Knee: 10.5"

Hem (right above the cuff): 8.8" 

1937:

Waist: 17.5"

Front Rise: 12.75"

Rear Rise: 16"

Thigh: 12.75"

Knee: 10.25"

Hem (right above the cuff): 9"

Qjhpuzd.jpg

C8rBcjb.jpg

vHPrDV8.jpg

90Qa51A.jpg

9CWIxXp.jpg

The differences are rather minor in terms of fit. The 37, at least in my experience, is lower-rise, slimmer, yet has less taper. As of right now, I prefer the 37 simply because it is more comfortable for me to wear as of right now. I'll be able to draw more of a conclusion after I wear both of them more. I hope this helps!

13 hours ago, alvin_cheong said:

nice...I didn't know konoka will pre-wash the denim. I though most of his denims are of non wash status.

He has it at his store. It was very convenient for me because I was able to try on and really make sure that both the jeans and jacket fit in person first. I actually sized up on both as a result so I'm VERY happy about that.

@bartlebyyphonics @Niro thanks guys! I appreciate it :)

Alright guys, I think I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on the 46 1st half.
Going to go with a W38, pretty confident they should fit nicely.
Is sending a direct message via Instagram still the best way to get my pair ordered?
Also is it possible to get my pair shorter so I can have an original hem done by Konaka-san?
I might ask if it is possible to get the green herringbone pocket bags on my pair as well.
Excited to get the ball rolling. :D

Thanks b_f, I figure I might have them hemmed to 34 hoping for 32 post wash.
I've seen the recent flannel pocket bag options, pretty nice colors. Something about the olive really does it for me though.
Maybe if I get another pair down the road I'll get them with flannel pockets. :D
In other news the new type II looks fantastic, once I get the jeans ordered I might get the jacket to go along.
Hell, I might just order both at the same time...:ph34r: