Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

They look fine b_F but given your current preference for slimmer (more modern) jeans with a narrower leg opening, my guess is that you've bought these primarily as a denim aficionado/collector (even though I don't think you see yourself as a collector) because they're from CSF - with all the story and buzz that goes with that. I'd be surprised if they get much wear given the cut, how 'boring' you find them and how many other great options you have.

You’ve got many valid points Maynard!

I do see myself as some kind of a collector and hence a ‘perfect’ repro is also something I want to own. And CSF certainly gives the best experience in this field (in my opinion).

You are also right that these won’t be my daily beaters for all the reasons you listed (preference of more modern fit) but they are great jeans for lounging on the couch and wear them every now and then. Another thing that bothers me to wear them every day: On the first days of wearing them I got a distinctive amount of pickle on the lower leg and hem on my left leg causing the indigo to bleach away…hence I wear a double cuff all the time to cover it. That was really a downer! :D

I meant ‘boring’ only in comparison with all his other pairs. Where you have a lot of flaws in the stitching and hand folded parts. Different buttons and all that. In comparison with those ‘extreme’ pairs from ‘41 to ’46. But I’m sure you know how my statement was meant :)

And yeah, my pair will never look like the one from Double 0. But you know, none of my pairs will.

How about you? Do you wanna try CSF?

Cheers T, you know it's all meant in a good way. I have no interest in CSF beyond reading the comments/looking at photos from others. Like you, I prefer something with a taper these days - I have countless pairs of unworn straight legged 40s/50s cuts so have no desire to add to that pile, especially at the price CSF charges. I could never justify the price and as far as I'm concerned, no jeans, other than vintage are worth that. I understand that others feel differently and are happy to buy them, I have no problem with that but it's not something I'd do.

The only jeans I was interested in were more Ande Whall Buffalos (primarily the 13.5 and 15.3oz indigo models) and I would have sold off a few pairs from my collection to justify buying them. Obviously that's no longer an option and I'm still in selling rather than buying mode. The only thing that would pique my interest now is something in a cut similar to Buffalo in a really interesting denim, possibly in left-hand twill - I like the contest Ooes or alternatively something interesting from Roy. Other than that I'm set for life as long as I don't put on weight!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Anybody can tell me the differences between 46 first half and 46 second half? First time seeing these names(missed too many thread posts maybe)

only real difference i can think of is the different denim. first half uses their WWII denim which is more irregular vs the second half uses a fabric with a deeper indigo and a smooth touch.

• 2 weeks later...

remembered that i didnt really post good pics of my s406xxx

M-46 type 1 , size 38 ( using 47 denim )

chest 40 

shoulders 17.25

sleeve ( from top of shoulder seam ) 23.25

back length ( from top of collar ) 23.25

now for some pics 

20170108_103331_zpsd32l6fle.jpg

colour is pretty accurate in this pic 

20170108_103409_zpsntye7fnp.jpg

new piece tab 

20170108_103421_zpsnzdmlhfk.jpg

buttons feel nice and solid 

20170108_103430_zpsbcyt12jw.jpg

i love how the collar isnt cut exactly straight and looks a little curved on the left side 

20170108_103512_zpstrf3atyt.jpg

love the texture on the 47 denim

20170108_103527_zpsec7lfjrx.jpg

no T back here :( , think it starts at size 42 or maybe 44 ?? 

20170108_103545_zpspyss9dcj.jpg

cinch buckle looks pretty shiny but im sure it wont be long before it dulls down with wear and washes