Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

i have made a few posts about CSF in the unknown brands thread but i thought id make a dedicated thread to try and make more people aware of the brand ( if they were not already ) . The founder Yoshiaki Konaka has a real passion for vintage and it really comes through in his work , he has spent quite a while sourcing and repairing old Singer and Union Special machines that were used in the production of LEVIS during the 40's so that he can accurately recreate the stitching and give the feel of a vintage garment 

here is a great interview with Yoshiaki where he talks about the brand 

so far he has made a 1946 , 47 and ww2 reproduction , the next release will be the 1941 model ( basically a 37 repro ) 

Screenshot_20160614-101916_zpsbz1s8olg.j

Edited by Flash

any measurements floating around?  

The waist on those ww2 looks different to me.  I have never seen that taper in and then flare.  Does that fit different or does it resolve itself through wear?

and i must say, more brands need to use those donut buttons.  I love the understated simplicity they offer.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

the waist does settle after a bit of wear 

20160528_112314_zpsn8io6o03.jpg

the jeans are super comfortable and are kind of held up by the hips instead of the waist 

i could take some measurements of mine if you like but Yoshiaki will provide measurements upon request 

So its a real ww2 cut or modified? Whats the diff between the ym ww2 ?

the cut and details were based off this pair mate , not sure there is a ym ww2 ..... the model number for the ww2 cut is s409xxx m-ww2

Screenshot_20160528-182858_zps5vk0pjsz.j

Seems lnteresting, will be good if we could get some measurements. How's the shrinkage like?

the jeans shrink from around tag size , ill take some measurements of my pair later . Yoshiaki will provide measurements upon request but only the waist measurements it seems  :D between buying these and the pair of s409xxx m-47 i ordered last week all i received was the waist measurement 

the jeans shrink from around tag size , ill take some measurements of my pair later . Yoshiaki will provide measurements upon request but only the waist measurements it seems  :D between buying these and the pair of s409xxx m-47 i ordered last week all i received was the waist measurement 

haha, the more stressful the ordering experience the more authentic!

haha, the more stressful the ordering experience the more authentic!

:) think this comes fromt 99% of his customers being Japanese and are less concerned with measurements and more worried that they are an authentic reproduction ( maybe ?? , not sure ) 

I feel like Hoggreaser posting links to measurements of jeans I'll never buy but here is a size chart for the S409XXX-WW2:

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/fortyniners1849_or-s409xxx-ww2/lang/en/rc/yshop

I'm interested to see more images of the CSF 1947 cut in due course. The price is a turn-off though I have to say.

I'm convinced that a pair of CSF jeans will be my next pair, but that's a long time off because I have other jeans that need to be worn!

Looking forward too seeing the 47 pictures and comparison with the WW2 model. Not sure which model I'm interested in yet.

I feel like Hoggreaser posting links to measurements of jeans I'll never buy but here is a size chart for the S409XXX-WW2:

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/fortyniners1849_or-s409xxx-ww2/lang/en/rc/yshop

I'm interested to see more images of the CSF 1947 cut in due course. The price is a turn-off though I have to say.

the price thing is the only thing i could have an issue with , but then i think about the cost of all the vintage machines and the fact that they are made in such small numbers with a large focus on the small details and im a little more easy on the issue ... still quite expensive but in my opinion totally worth it Edited by Flash

^Completely sure it's worth it...That's some of the best looking repro I've ever seen, as far as the rugged/uncouth type goes, I'm not sure how it can get better...Will be a pleasure to handle some (hopefully) when I visit japan this september, but alas, I will not have the funds :X

406xxx type 1 measurements

S406XXX

size32

shoulder

raw 38cm

onewash 37cm

Chest

raw 44cm

onewash 42cm

body length

raw 56 cm

onewash 54cm