Taking Care of the World Tour

Bobbo

Nearly final update but I should just say a quick thanks to all involved in organising this tour. The 20s have been a lesson for me in getting me outside my denim comfort zone. It's been an education to wear a genuinely loose fit and a very retro denim. I'm not sure that the loose fit is really for me and my skinny pins haven't really helped out any fades on these, but I've enjoyed wearing something a bit different for a while. I've been travelling quite a bit with work so spending a lot of time in cars and plane seats and I'm grateful to be getting back to belt loops. Anyhow, last week I was in holland for work but got to spend a short visit with a friends microbrewery. Great beers and good times. Shameless plug for the brewery follows. The jeans will go in the post to NYCsurfer very soon. I will post pics of the 'city' where I work as my final post but that will be in a few days time. 

IMG_7491.JPG

IMG_7493.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7502.JPG

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

Edited by holio cornolio

Ok, turns out that was my final post. I'd hoped to get a few minutes to take a walk around the 'city' where I work, which is called Ely, but no time last week. Jeans are now in the hands of TNT on their way to NYC and I fully expect and hope to see some evidence of them spending some time in trump towers while they're there ;-)

3 hours ago, holio cornolio said:

Ok, turns out that was my final post. I'd hoped to get a few minutes to take a walk around the 'city' where I work, which is called Ely, but no time last week. Jeans are now in the hands of TNT on their way to NYC and I fully expect and hope to see some evidence of them spending some time in trump towers while they're there ;-)

i wouldn't get your hopes up of seeing trump tower ha, i stay clear as much as possible from midtown

Jeans are in! I'll get some detailed picks of them at a later point. But loving them so far. Fit seems an inch smaller in the waist than my 50s but with a slightly fuller thigh and hip with a similar leg opening. I'll do some comparisons with my 50s. Here is a quick poorly lit fit pic. The dogs don't seem impressed by the jeans. Also was thrilled to get suspenders, a nice note a pair of suspenders and some marmite (any advice how to eat it?). Also a couple quick snaps of my pizza and beer (an IPA from LIC beer project). 

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

Edited by nycsurfer530
Edit

^ yep - what he said. Butter some toast and then put a thin scraping of marmite on top. This reason for this is twofold. Firstly, this is the classic way to eat marmite, secondly, if you discover at your first bite that you hate it, you've only wasted some butter and a slice of bread ;-)

edit - fit looks great by the way

Edited by holio cornolio

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I'm currently writing the new Marmite advert:

"Looks like shit, tastes like shit too. Does exactly what it says on the jar" :ph34r:

looks like shit? Well... maybe after a heavy night on the guiness, but if you're shitting like that on a regular basis I reckon you could well have a perforated duodenal ulcer... 

I'm overdue for an update. NYC has been interesting the past couple days with the blizzard that hit. Snow totals were underwhelming (only 5-8") but a fun day none the less. I was essentially snowed in with work and school cancelled. That means one thing for me- stouts! So I had a couple beers. The first was a Grimm Ales stout called sumi zest. This was probably the best stout I've ever had. It tasted like a chocolate covered orange creamsicle in stout form. My other beer was an IPA by LIC beer project brewed with elder flower. I also had some time to explore Central Park in the snow and cook. Made fried plantains, mexican spiced fish, with beans and rice that was made with coconut milk. As for the jeans- they are awesome! A size too big but no biggie. I'm embracing wide leg. Fabric has a nice small slub and a good neppiness to it. They feel similar to a smooth sandpaper (if there ever were such a thing). They also have a lovely hue of blue. Once the clouds go away I'll get photos in daylight to see the true color! 

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

Edited by nycsurfer530

On 3/16/2017 at 0:50 PM, louisbosco said:

i've only ever dreamed of going to new york....

Definitely need to come to NYC. If beer is your thing I'll show you around to some breweries. 

@Iron HorseI'll have some jean photos this week... weather is getting better for pics. 

Speaking of breweries. One of my favorite breweries, Interboro, had a can release that was a collaboration with Pipeworks Brewery. Even though Interboro is a new brewery I hold their beer up there with Otherhalf and Trillium. Big IPAs with juicy hopped up flavors and super hazy. I also had a tasting flight. 

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

17 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Definitely need to come to NYC. If beer is your thing I'll show you around to some breweries. 

it's definitely on the bucket list in a year or so. i try to do a major trip every year and UK is the destination this year and back to tokyo again the next. maybe year end 2018 sounds feasible. NYC winters look amazing. and just by your brewery photos, they look delicious already. that perfect golden ale, just right down my alley!

13 hours ago, louisbosco said:

NYC winters look amazing.

Ehhhhhhh... I wouldn't come here in the winter time. We get really big snows that are absolutely beautiful for a few days, but it's unreliable and happens maybe once every two years on average. 90% of our winter time, it's just cold and grey and all the trees are dead. Come in the spring or fall! Those months have the best weather and the most going on, unless you want to come for some huge party holiday like NYE.

1 hour ago, FeloniousMonk said:

Ehhhhhhh... I wouldn't come here in the winter time. We get really big snows that are absolutely beautiful for a few days, but it's unreliable and happens maybe once every two years on average. 90% of our winter time, it's just cold and grey and all the trees are dead. Come in the spring or fall! Those months have the best weather and the most going on, unless you want to come for some huge party holiday like NYE.

So true. On top of that the snow is only enjoyable the day it snows. After that all the snow is brown black or ...yellow...

1 hour ago, nycsurfer530 said:

So true. On top of that the snow is only enjoyable the day it snows. After that all the snow is brown black or ...yellow...

3 hours ago, FeloniousMonk said:

haha. understandably, that's what winter is about. coming from tropical singapore where i grew up, or perth where i live now, that's the kind of proper winter i'd love to experience. winter here is nothing but rain and temps never go below 0 anyways, with no snow. that said, NYE in NYC with the ball drop in times square. absolutely amazing, it's on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Looong overdue. Just washed both pairs in the same washer and dryer. The 20s stretch out quite a bit but they also shrink well below tag size, at least the waist does- the leg didn't change much. For reference my 50s jeans are the second pair and also the darker more contrasted pair which shows the 20s are a much faster fading fabric. My 50s are much older with more wear and regular washes. 

50s on left 20s on right

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

More photos. The 20s are a size 32 while the 50s are a size 31. After washer dryer waists look about the same- maybe a touch smaller in the 20s sz 32 than the 50s sz 31. Everything else is a little bigger in the 20s

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

Greal pics! Cold you compare the measurement against the tcb chart? I think this tour pair prototype is not quite the same thing as the final product. Both on fabric and cut.

Edited by volvo240thebest

10 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Cold you compare the measurement with the tcb chart? I think this tour pair prototype is not quite the same thing as the final product. Both on fabric and cut.

image.jpg

IMG_0481.PNG

when i initially saw the measurements and the size, these pair were out of my league (waist size). but looking at the current measurements, they fit to a T. if down the road or when you guys wouldn't oppose to having spare subs, i honestly wouldn't mind giving these pair a go... they look pretty decent at the moment.