Visvim SS17

kiya

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pretty cool actually. Stayed true to the brand and went with a more traditional approach, but found ways to keep it fresh and interesting. The natural light is great. Plus, those coats are pretty dope.

Bonus:

VISVIM_ph_Vanni_Bassetti44-0x600_N4MPOX.

Maliseet shaman was available online in jp as well. Didn't think it was that popular?

It was the upstreamer koi fish tee wasn't it? I think I read that over 400 people queued up in gyre.

Some of the new models are nice, but the non replaceable soles are a turn off, especially when they cost around 800-900 a pair. I wore my fbt prime for 3-4 days and I can see the grid texture smoothing out a bit already.

Edited by ken shinoda

Buyers were cutting off orders on the harder to get sizes of the Maliseet's so I thought maybe they were tough to get in certain sizes. Could have just been the upstream tee though, definitely.

The thing that stood out to me on the new models (FBT prime, maliseet shaman) was the quality of the leather used for the upper. Insanely soft and pretty material. Sucks about the wear on the soles though. I remember checking those out at a trunk show and thinking they were going to be the most durable FBT.

FBT prime and maliseet shaman use different suede. Prime use the sweden suede which is stiffer, maliseet uses the same as previous seasons` and the same as this season`s voyageur UK suede, which is insanely soft/pliable indeed . As for the Prime soles, I would not worry, they are much more sturdier than other  FBT soles, and you can always have the first black layer replaced at any good cobbler (Visvim will just not bother doing it).

Edited by emixam

• 6 months later...