Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

A couple of days ago we took the car down to Malmö, and then the train to Copenhagen Airport! Our final destination were Berlin.

20160505_090258_zps9xkfmqgd.jpg

20160505_153730_zpsbh0bw3iu.jpg

20160505_171158_zpsimhw0mwa.jpg

Both me and my girlfriend have been working a lot so it was a nice change! Our main purpose with the trip was to visit nice cafés and some shopping. Didn't take so many pictures as I wanted but I took a few.

20160506_094236_zpsftmhmqli.jpg

20160506_094255_zpsy0d84xxc.jpg

Breakfast at Silo Coffee. Very nice!

We also ate chickenkebab at Mustafas which we had heard good things about. The waitingtime was extremely long, but call me crazy we waited about 2 hours for it haha (the food was good but not worth waiting 2 hours for)

20160506_202952_zps0umion09.jpg

After one and a half hour.

20160506_220101_zpswor8rbkk.jpg

Edited by tigerstrom

I thought about the same as Sugar when i first read your post. I would never queue for a kebab, I must really drunk to buy and eat one of those!

I did queue however in Naples to get pizzas from Gino Sorbillo and Ciro Salvo, that was about 45 mins, 2 hrs of queue sounds crazy.

Nice photos.

I need to know why people would stand in line for two hours to eat kebab. How special is the place?

Same thing goes on with barbecue here in Austin, many people choose to start waiting for this one place at 7 AM until it opens at 11.

There are places that serve barbecue that are just as good, if not better, without the wait!

But I think part of the experience is waiting in the queue and drinking beer at 8 in the morning...

Same thing goes on with barbecue here in Austin, many people choose to start waiting for this one place at 7 AM until it opens at 11.

There are places that serve barbecue that are just as good, if not better, without the wait!

But I think part of the experience is waiting in the queue and drinking beer at 8 in the morning...

lol I wasn't going to step in but you actually mentioned exactly what I was thinking throughout this discussion! Unfortunately Franklin was closed when I visited Austin, but we ended up waiting in line at La Barbecue for 3.5 hours, the most I've ever waited and I'm used to waiting 1-2 hours here in Chicago. Have food, will wait but it better live up! In this case, it was the best damn barbecue I've ever had, although I've still yet to try Franklin (which my girlfriend swears is better) and I don't know much about barbecue...

https://www.instagram.com/p/5njJSNM65b/

all jokes aside, fuck that wait.  Maybe Im old and grouchy but I will not wait more than 45 minutes for a table (i'll complain for the whole 45 minutes too).  Fuck that shit, and I live in one of the most absurdly pretentious area's for that waiting game.  

But that BBQ looks legitimate.  I can taste the crusty edges...

Edited by garden gnomes in space

La Barbecue is really good, but there are even better places in my opinion!

My personal favorite happens to be Kerlin BBQ on east 1st, not many people know about it and it doesn't have the hype but I can show up about 15-20 minutes before they open and get food. Every time I have family come in town I take them to a new barbecue spot, my dad and I have personally been to Franklin and La Barbecue multiple times together with him usually preferring Franklin. Last time he was in town we went to Kerlin and he said it was better than both, I tend to agree with him!

Gnomes I'm with you on the waiting, usually if the wait is longer than an hour I'll figure out somewhere else to go. 

I've been to Franklin's BBQ and waited for 4 hrs.  It's really tough to tell how good it is not taking into account the wait, anticipation, drinking beers/getting drunk in line, smelling the BBQ, reading the menu front to back a million times.  I definitely say their service and staff were really great though.

Edited by Chubacca