Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Aho, did you get more shrinkage after the third wash?

To be honest, I haven't measured them at all since I got them (too lazy and I know they fit lol), but they did tighten up slightly. The denim does have potential to stretch though. The biggest difference is the significant loss of starch, which for some reason didn't come out the first two trips through the wash (crappy washer). I now know what you guys mean when you say it's softened up and I'm really liking the blue thats emerging as they're a lot less brown. Might wash them once or twice and then hold out for a month or two given the rate these are crocking, to get some contrast...

The devil have entered the contest! :)

20160419_195641_zpsypholciw.jpg

They are in the washingmachine as we speak! They were pretty big so I hope I get a lot shrinkage out of them :)

Update:

First wash at 60°C done, they are now in the drying cabinet at a high temperature. The patch is pretty washed out but they seemed to shrink quite a lot!

Update 2:

They are in the machine for a second wash! Will post measurments later tonight!

Edited by tigerstrom

Little mini update from today. I have a tendency to not explore the city I live in too much, but I'be been trying to get out more lately. I have the day off, so I decided to find the best banh mi in the city. There's quite a large Vietnamese population in Austin, but some places that I've found are incredibly overrated or way overpriced. After living in Asia when I was younger I just expect a lot out of Asian cuisine and I usually expect it to be cheap.  :D

Luckily I've found that place. It's called Ng BMT and it's tucked away in shopping mall and shares a space with a bakery. There were only two tables inside and it was quite small, but I had a great experience!

rdjmNNk.jpg

Grilled pork banh mi, easily the best I've found in Austin. They make all their bread fresh daily. Other places I've found would charge maybe 10-15 dollars for this sandwich. Here it was only 5 bucks!

uKriGLS.jpg?1

A little mid bite action, the pork was incredible and the vegetables were so fresh!

qD6akxn.jpg

Afterwards I talked to the two very sweet Vietnamese ladies who own and run this shop and told them that I lived in Asia for awhile and that it's always refreshing to find an authentic Asian restaurant that isn't gimmicky or overpriced. They sent me home with some extra goodies on the house. Some dau hu la duah (sweet tofu with coconut milk) some banh tieu (a sweet hollow sesame bread that goes well with coffee) as well as some coconut tapioca cake that I forgot the name of. All packaged up very nicely:

kQzQVDN.jpg

And a shot of the jeans in the car, I wish they were a little shorter in the inseam so they might get another wash and dry soon. But I want to try and wait a little longer to wash these jeans, just for a little more contrast!

NvXEgKJ.jpg

After two washes, one at 60°C and one at 40°C my size 35/34 measure:

Waist 32

Thigh 12.8

FR 12.2

BR 15.6

Hem 8

Inseam 31.6

I love the fit! I possibly could have ordered size 34 because of the high rise but I think these will be great! Will post pictures tomorrow!

Tigerstrom, it looks like you nailed the fit. Enjoy the evolution. I can't seem to take mine off. I love the fit and I look forward to seeing how they come along with everyone else's pairs. 

Put my pair through another hot wash and dry cycle, I think the inseam is a bit more where I want it now!

Going to wait a couple months for the next wash, make sure to get some creases set.

These little pieces of cotton are hanging on for dear life...

O1lWrMv.jpg

Always get the first look at the finished product on the hem.. Nice blues.. also look at the hairiness just out of focus on the bottom left.

akpw92a.jpg

really curious what these are going to look like in a few months. Think they (the horizontal stripes) are going to fade but not sure

lTxRaXv.jpg

Edited by givemefive

Here comes a little bit of a photo dump from me.

First up just got Daniel Arnold's newest zine in the mail today.

25981928154_6b7306399c_z.jpg

Some Jamaican food from a new spot in town.

26314002730_2c1d401ec4_z.jpg

Also got tattooed the other day, forgot to grab photos during or right after so heres one from today.

25981928384_81b6c1ec42_z.jpg

And last, with the passing of Prince and living in Minneapolis I had the pleasure of being at First Ave last night to celebrate his life.

26494601802_73c9859b8a_z.jpg

25981940314_6f2a6bcc77_z.jpg

25984200723_c349f2466d_z.jpg

25981938804_74d134d733_z.jpg

Edited by guthriegking