aho

Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

^I've no doubt we'll see some dark horses come through at the end! And here we are at almost the one year mark. I'll have to get some full jeans pics up soon since I've only been doing macro/close ups!

9 hours ago, corporalclegg said:

Fresh out the washer and dryer 

image.jpg

things are starting to get interesting... can't wait to see what the other dark horses have been up to

Edited by nycsurfer530

woo! those are looking awesome. Who else is still fading away but never posting photos? Was going to send mine off for some minor repairs soon but I might have to reassess that and try to hold off till the end of the contest! 

^ Love when a little healthy competition gets into denim contests! There's never enough of it!

Looking good, and I agree the train tracks on these are particularly nice!

here are mine out in the sun today

20170317_113353.jpg

wow Felonius and all! some great fades here, and the texture is quite unique too.

I'm not competing, but I am definitely falling behind...which I guess is inevitable when you own a denim store.

Just got back from New Orleans, wore the jeans there a bit so I threw them in for another wash/dry cycle when I got back.
I'll post some photos of the trip, but for now here's the jeans!
OBnFc46.jpg
d3QueB6.jpg
PPsLHR1.jpg
psOcQer.jpg
MNvNRf5.jpg
rmXtGpB.jpg
5I1EE3a.jpg
olZOgy5.jpgpQ8oGWZ.jpg

lol damn pudas......

Though I haven't been on sufu much lately, just know that I still wear the jeans every day and I'm committed till the end. Hell, I'll still be wearing this pair for years to come until they're in tatters! And damn, just realized we've gone over the one year mark? Will try to get an "update" in soon, but in case anyone was wondering where I've been, or what I've been obsessing over the past few months, or why I can no longer afford jeans (mortgage aside):

34130356436_bf178eba53_c.jpg

;)

^It's mesmerizing to watch, like a needle floating ceaselessly through the air...And I'm already saving up for a Hi-Beat and 9F quartz movement! Doesn't help that pricing is at an all time low due to an impending dial design change. Alas, I'm a Seiko man for life, much as I am a denimhead...

Congrats on the award by the way! Will have to order some of that cider sometime

Thanks! 

Yeah you have had me looking at seiko's! Realized my father's old watch from when he was a pilot in the navy is a Seiko 6139 "pogue". Been sitting in his dresser for years now, wonder how hard it would be to get it fixed up.....

^Damn, nice find, the Pogue is a vintage grail for me! Seiko also runs in my family a few generations, hence my leanings towards the brand. I'd definitely try to find a competent watchmaker/repairer to get it up and running again and would like to see it on instagram some day when you do!

11 hours ago, pudaspriest said:

Realized my father's old watch from when he was a pilot in the navy is a Seiko 6139 "pogue". Been sitting in his dresser for years now, wonder how hard it would be to get it fixed up.....

Have a look here

Edited by Maynard Friedman

What's surprised me most about this fabric, is how much it holds on to it's dye even with frequent washing...

34379746246_1b571f519f_z.jpg

Edited by aho

Continuing the watch talk from above...Took delivery of this fun little quartz Seiko today. What can I say? 50 year service interval, +/- 10 seconds per YEAR...Yup, "Just a Seiko"... ;D

34458922795_508e954229_c.jpg

Edited by aho

Thank you! Going to be my daily driver! It's the SBGX117, though the white dial SBGX115 is more popular. Both rumored to be discontinued soon...

Sorry for keeping this strictly OT....

Aho, do you have any suggestion for a Seiko diver with a midnight blue dial? is there any?