Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

no selvedge in the coin pocket as this is a 60's inspired cut so that's a period correct detail!

Correct! While the OA02XX's have a selvedge coin pocket these do not. But they also have back pocket rivets which I believe is not a period correct detail. Regardless I'm excited to see how it ages!

Correct! While the OA02XX's have a selvedge coin pocket these do not. But they also have back pocket rivets which I believe is not a period correct detail. Regardless I'm excited to see how it ages!

Because the OA02XX as the name says uses most of the XX details (hidden rivets, selvedge coin pocket, etc.)

:)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Because the OA02XX as the name says uses most of the XX details (hidden rivets, selvedge coin pocket, etc.)

:)

Duh, I look like a big dummy!

This lot 17 denim gets really hairy after it touches water, will try and take some picture tomorrow.

Great updates everyone! I wonder if we all got different "cards"?

I have a sinking feeling mine will arrive sometime late next but alas, I shall be patient! Planning on giving them two trips through the wash and drier to get all the shrinkage out of the way. Really liking what I see so far at least!

just got mine at lunch, in the tub now for a hot soak. Went TTS+2, I think the waist is going to be tight. I will need 3 inches of shrinkage in length. Have you guys been getting that?

I can confirm what Gnomes mentioned in the other thread, this denim pretty much shrinks down the same as the OA denim.

I've got my pair on now after some time hang drying then a bit of time in the dryer and they feel exactly like my OA02XX's.

1) Thank you aho and standard and strange!

2) super glad I went with a size 35. Size up by 2, people. Charts are pretty accurate.

3) aldsjflajfdkljsdkljdsf these are pretty damn good. The construction on these live up to the hype. Very clean and well done.

Pre-soak

yNM4Mb2.jpg

Post-soak

Hvyxxfa.jpg

Goodies

hLKZTi6.jpg

Fit great, love the brown weft. I think they will end up a little shorter than I usually wear them but I'm gonna try to wear them hard in the summer so that will be a good thing I thi nk.

One wash so far, think I'm going to be doing one more. That's been my stf process lately.

ZEUm3nd.jpg

TRvJlEL.jpg

DCIOMbS.jpg

So I've been thinking about what this denim reminded me of as far as color goes and I finally figured it out.

The special run of Fullcount denim that Ed ran with their wild cotton, here is a direct comparison:

xa3mqve.jpg?1

2n7nn95.jpg

mine started out so huge that i thought i messed up sizing (+3!) so i gave them a wash and machine dry and now love this fit and am really glad i sized up..hopefully i can get my gf to take some fit pics; this is already the softest denim i own and these jeans are great in many ways!