Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

1 hour ago, aho said:

Blargh! Looks like Sufu was updated and it automatically closed the contest poll?! Will see what I can do, but it seems editing has no effect

will take a look.. it shouldn't have affected it

Wowzers guys, so many great pairs, just had a glance at the final thread and super hyper mega repped as much as I could haha! Felonious, Corporal Clegg and Pudas your pairs are just ridicolously good!

I totally agree with the Italian/Swedish/human/car hybrid above. The standards in this contest have been very high, which I assume is mainly due to the jeans! In fact, they're so good that S&S should do another run of them.

Well done to all who participated!

High praise from you two! Agreed that the #17 denim is something special. Would love to know if it's still in production, or was deadstock used for the contest. If there's enough for another run, it would be a surefire hit. It keeps a lot of visual interest after repeated washings, never really fading to that very even blue you get on some denims (including the OAXX fabric to some extent). Super comfortable after a brief break-in, too.

Quick question on voting etiquette here for participants: I take it the right move is to vote for the pair we like most that is not our own?

23 hours ago, aho said:

Final fit picture! Just waiting for better lighting to take my final submissions pictures though...

Love the contrast aho, especially from hip to knee!  Jeans don't get any better looking IMO.

John

Might have to wait till Thursday I think to get some good pictures up, been busy during the day with work and no sunlight by the time I get home (Fall is here!). Love seeing all of the entries so far, it's definitely going to be hard to decide.

@Felonious, I wouldn't blame you if you voted for your pair! :D

If I remember correctly, this was indeed the last batch of the #17 denim, we tried to use something rare that had just enough fabric for the contestants. That said, there appears to be a new OAXX denim according to the Ooe instagram feed which looks mighty interesting! Thanks again everyone, been a wonderful ride so far...Wonder if anyone will come out of nowhere with a final mind blowing entry?

18 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

They are discussing a new Ooe contest over at Denimbro at the moment

That'll be awesome to follow...I have my sights set on the TCB contest but this will be the first time in maybe 3-4 years I haven't worn a pair of Ooe's :o In fact, I think it was only a pair of Warehouse 1001XX that pulled me away (last dedicated pair before that was the FIRST Ooe contest lol)

3 hours ago, BionicEye said:

I hope there will be a new run of a ooe contest soon, would love to join

seems there is a high demand for it

Demand is pretty high BionicEye, especially relative to relatively limited supply.  The #17 fabric is very nice with its cross texture but, for me, Ooe is really about the fit and the people that make them.  For whatever reasons, Ooes fit me better than jeans from any other manufacturer.  They seem to get the subtle contours right, with slightly roomy hips and thighs while keeping the waist and legs relatively trim.

^Much appreciated! My favorite part of contests is seeing how the same fabric can produce such different results, which are often super specific and particular to each wearer. I can't recall how many I've been in at this point, but it's clear to me now how similarly all of my jeans wear in, attributed to how often I wash and dry from normal wear, and foregoing any "setting the fades/whiskering in" phase during the first few months for more contrast. I also love contrast, but it's not natural or indicative of my lifestyle, and so my jeans don't reflect that. Looking forward to the next contest, but it'll be terribly difficult not putting these on every day anymore once the TCB's arrive!