Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

9 hours ago, corporalclegg said:

Fresh out the washer and dryer 

image.jpg

things are starting to get interesting... can't wait to see what the other dark horses have been up to

Edited by nycsurfer530

woo! those are looking awesome. Who else is still fading away but never posting photos? Was going to send mine off for some minor repairs soon but I might have to reassess that and try to hold off till the end of the contest! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from New Orleans, wore the jeans there a bit so I threw them in for another wash/dry cycle when I got back.
I'll post some photos of the trip, but for now here's the jeans!
OBnFc46.jpg
d3QueB6.jpg
PPsLHR1.jpg
psOcQer.jpg
MNvNRf5.jpg
rmXtGpB.jpg
5I1EE3a.jpg
olZOgy5.jpgpQ8oGWZ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

lol damn pudas......

Though I haven't been on sufu much lately, just know that I still wear the jeans every day and I'm committed till the end. Hell, I'll still be wearing this pair for years to come until they're in tatters! And damn, just realized we've gone over the one year mark? Will try to get an "update" in soon, but in case anyone was wondering where I've been, or what I've been obsessing over the past few months, or why I can no longer afford jeans (mortgage aside):

34130356436_bf178eba53_c.jpg

;)

^It's mesmerizing to watch, like a needle floating ceaselessly through the air...And I'm already saving up for a Hi-Beat and 9F quartz movement! Doesn't help that pricing is at an all time low due to an impending dial design change. Alas, I'm a Seiko man for life, much as I am a denimhead...

Congrats on the award by the way! Will have to order some of that cider sometime

Thanks! 

Yeah you have had me looking at seiko's! Realized my father's old watch from when he was a pilot in the navy is a Seiko 6139 "pogue". Been sitting in his dresser for years now, wonder how hard it would be to get it fixed up.....

^Damn, nice find, the Pogue is a vintage grail for me! Seiko also runs in my family a few generations, hence my leanings towards the brand. I'd definitely try to find a competent watchmaker/repairer to get it up and running again and would like to see it on instagram some day when you do!

11 hours ago, pudaspriest said:

Realized my father's old watch from when he was a pilot in the navy is a Seiko 6139 "pogue". Been sitting in his dresser for years now, wonder how hard it would be to get it fixed up.....

Have a look here

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Continuing the watch talk from above...Took delivery of this fun little quartz Seiko today. What can I say? 50 year service interval, +/- 10 seconds per YEAR...Yup, "Just a Seiko"... ;D

34458922795_508e954229_c.jpg

Edited by aho