Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

^Honestly, I've lost track...I'm pretty OCD so I wash them whenever I feel they're dirty, which is likely more frequent than other people. I've been called out for my washer/dryer habits before on denimbro though (environment wise), so I've been honestly trying to cut down, at least on the drier action. Living in the city + public transportation = not always knowing what you're sitting in though, which is where I'm coming from with the OCD part :P

That said, this denim really does hold on to its indigo well, and doesn't really crock without wear. Surprised at how dark they still are! I should also mention, the hole in my right knee hasn't expanded, even though I've worn these non-stop since the contest started, so I've lucked out so far on not needing to send them in for repairs. I'm wondering if there'll be a darkhorse pair coming through at the end to blow us all away? I think we're coming up on a year already

EDIT: ^Scratch that, April 1st marks the one year

Edited by aho

I recall us all wanting to extend to 1.5 years total, so ending October 1st? This would also enable anyone to participate in the upcoming TCB contest as well, which starts around September?

@mrsmiff, lets say we end this contest on September 30th? ie: all photo submissions due then. Hopefully that works for everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

My pair is looking nutso lately, I'll have to post pics soon. Here's what i've been eating this weekend! 5 Rabanitos, best Mexican i've had in a longggggg time, can't believe it took me this long to go. Chicago dogs at Wieners Circle. And my standby favorite restaurant in all of Chicago, Longman and Eagle which I always take guests to, we had some friends in town. If pics are blurry, apologies, pulling direct from iPhone!

4A366FFD-FF80-49FA-AAF6-715A27AF3E06.jpg

IMG_6341.JPG

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6398.JPG

IMG_6410.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6431.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6441.JPG

Just got my jeans back from Rain at Indigo Proof, she does really great work!
I only wanted the crotch repaired, as that was the only real sign of the jeans breaking down. Now that I have them on again I realized that I should've probably gotten them hemmed a little bit but oh well, hindsight and all that.
You can hardly tell there was any work done, her thread color matching is just great. Now to wear these jeans again! Feels great to have them back on.
Color of the denim are a bit washed out, but you get the idea.
kYGq256.jpg
Axe9cG7.jpgCD9s2U9.jpg

they fit and look fantastic. I bet a tenner on the beardo cider maker for the first prize! Aho get's the dad fadez special award too, haha!

Who'll judge the pairs at the end of the contest? Poll? It'd be nice if you could get Ryo, Hiro and the dudes from S&S as a jury, too.

Got the jeans back from repair and wore them for a day or two then threw them in the washer and dryer.
Just look at that texture! I'll be trying to provide more frequent updates now that these will be on my legs regularly again.
z857iiq.jpg