Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

23 hours ago, aho said:

Resolution is blotchy due to low lighting/iPhone camera, but this is the most accurate picture of my pair, color-wise. Also, just wanted to say I appreciate this amount of "saggy butt" on jeans; not a big fan of super tight butt hugging, so I'll take the diaper effect all day over skinny jeans and downsizing

31504625893_6460c9879a_o.jpg

These look great!

Also, we've got denim repair services, now, so if anyone blows up their contest jeans, let us know, and we can get it done for a reasonable rate.

^Thanks all! 

The boots are White's Farmer Ranchers in British Tan, going on 4 years of constant wear (actually, I think 5?!). Funny thing is I haven't treated them, or even had to get the heel or sole replaced, though they've been through everything. I should probably at least wipe them down and brush sometime, but honestly the leather is still supple and not dry in the slightest; Truly a testament to buying things well made/quality

Edited by aho

7 hours ago, ironheartfan123 said:

what kind of boots are they? white's? i also dig the look but i have a feeling white's are too heavy for me personally

White's are not light.  Every time I put mine on Im like, damn these are heavy haha.  As I get older I think I prefer the ballerina slipper feel of Aldens 

^Indeed, even with a 6" boot I'm sometimes reminded of their weight if it's been a while since wearing, let alone an 8", or 10". You do get used to it, but during the warmer months the past few years I do start transitioning to my Aldens due to their lighter weight. 

Nice! We've been having a spell of warm weather here in NYC, so I've started wearing my contest pair again. Hope to put a couple more weeks of wear and another wash on them before the northeast realizes it's winter time and dips below freezing for a couple weeks. Had nearly forgotten how soft these jeans have become, almost a velour hand with the gentle fuzz from repeated washes. Will put up some photos in the next month once they're washed and sent in for repairs (like Broark, I meant to do it weeks ago and never got around).

Pudas seems to be running away with things right now, should be a fun home stretch once it turns to spring and summer again and we're all putting in solid wear!

It's now back to winter proper after the 6" snowstorm, but we had a warm snap in the northeast US just earlier this week. GF and I took advantage of the nearly 60 degree weather this week to play hooky (I'm part time at my current job while transitioning to something new), and I broke out the contest jeans for a couple more days of wear.

Sorry to provide an all-too-stereotypical instagram shot, but it shows the progress on the jeans pretty nicely.

6DBUaOC.jpg

Thanks, Broark. They're great jeans, it's just really surprising how long they hold onto that dark color. There seems to be very little medium blue in this denim - it jumps straight from deep indigo to light streaks to all-around faded. These might be some very high-contrast pants by the contest end.

Was in Toronto for a quick 4 day weekend. Wore leather soled Aldens as I had to dress up and didn't feel like packing extra shoes; Just in time for two snowstorms in a row. Not advisable lol

Last image is just a peek at the denim, but most accurate in terms of color and fades (taken today, post trip wash)

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

Edited by aho

^yup! that's the one...about 5 years old now, used literally daily every day since and still holding up. Only had to replace the shoulder strap so far, but only because the dye was rubbing off on my shirts in summer time. Gotta love Filson's service, the replacement strap was free!