Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Also got to FINALLY visit SELA and some other shops. It was worth the trip and lived up my expectations. Got to try on a few things which was very nice from just looking at a website and the measurements. Learned a few things there:

Lofgrens short engineers won't work on me D:

I needed one size bigger than I thought in the Stevensons Ranch jacket

Those Nine Lives jackets are insane but anything leather tops will just not work on me ):

Tried on the Okinawas and think I'm going to snatch them during the sale. The denim on it is really something to behold. Also also! people should go try to visit any of the SE locations one day as there's a good handful of things in store that aren't online (yet. Maybe). 

I'm bummed I missed you - thanks for stopping in. 

Did you try on the Tender jeans in the same denim as that jacket you picked up? They're so good.

Sorry to miss you as well! I gotta be honest, after trying on the Tender jacket and the time machine Ooes, the blinders went on to protect my wallet from any further pain. That Tender jacket is the truth though, and makes me want to revisit the rest of their collection. Some fit pics and details will get posted once I get to put some wear into it this spring.

You guys have built a great store and a really excellent team, it was a pleasure coming by. Looking forward to the upcoming collaborations, too, it looks like you have some great new stuff in the pipeline!

• 2 weeks later...

Been a few weeks since I last washed the jeans. They seemed to have calmed down a bit as I haven't been wearing them hard, but I'll throw them in the wash today or tomorrow I think. Hate to send them off for repairing the knee hole, but winter is here in Chicago...

which tender jacket? molleton fabric?

Yep, it's the flat jacket in denim molleton with a logwood overdye. Really beautiful depth of color with the inky black exterior and a nice heft to the fabric - I'm looking forward to seeing how it drapes as the jacket gets worn in. Here's the only site I could find online with the jacket, it wasn't even listed on the S&S website.

A quick shot from the store, taken while also trying on a pair of the OA02XX with the 50-year time machine finish:

xI858zu.jpg

The cold has settled in hard in NYC, and it's getting too chilly for the contest jeans most days. We're a long way from that lovely sun of San Francisco... It's good timing though, as some of the seat seams are wearing out and the fabric is threatening to blow out any week now. Just gave my pair a final wash, and will send them out for repairs soon. If we get good morning sun for photos, I'll post something, but progress remains pretty slow. Here's a closeup of the back right pocket, where I really like the wallet fade and the small holes that have already appeared over the wallet corner and where my work bag brushes on the hidden rivet.

nzSSWP7.jpg

thanks for that @feloniusmonk. i've got a pair of 129 in denim molleton and i LOVE the fabric. jacket & ooes (to stay on topic :)) look fucken great on ya

Edited by oomslokop

By all means, wear other jeans and give me some time to catch up! ;D

Just threw mine in the wash again, same story. I'm thinking I'll just keep blasting them and see how they turn out, I think they have enough contrast/fading for what I'm going for.

1) I remembered to take pictures!  So picture heavy below.

2) Gah! Another forum change. Too much space used up imo.

Up down to the mountains of Cali I went again. Kinda funny how in all my life I've only been to California 3 times and 2 of those times were in the last two months. Just helping me paw out a bit with his farming business with whatever little things he needs e.g. surveying, dirt work, planning, etc. Great scenery here even if it's your typical mountains moutains hills hills rocks rocks shrubs shrubs with a dash of fog kind of country scenery. It was dreadfully windy and rainy when I visited and was still like that when I left. The rain can do a bit on these roads where it looks like traces of little rivers are all around the ground. I liked it. I wouldn't want to live there but it was good.

Also got to go to Mister Freedom since the last time I visited LA I forgot about doing that. Just wanted to look at some of the 10th anniversary stuff and left with my first N1-H deck jacket. It's super nice, if pricey.

Also I will say that the fit charts on MF is pretty accurate and that the blousen de quart measurements from SE charts are kinda misleading insofar it's bulky inside and not too roomy. Or at least for me. I was told the alpaca will settle down and lay flatter though. Definitely something you have to try on to see if it works for you. Anway, pics:

Scenes From A Passing Car (and on foot and a plane)

F9pUaGw.jpg

itRs6re.jpg

t5vxbJ6.jpg

fBCteoc.jpg

G9eloGM.jpg

M9pGEBz.jpg

1tNgAke.jpg

K0qp7fk.jpg

SuHq0V7.jpg

RRZLbgx.jpg

AxiE06s.jpg

hG9D0Fe.jpg

mJdvbGn.jpg

azOiksx.jpg

xduzW0w.jpg

Fit pic: 

Proper cloth Canclini flannel shirt

MF N1-H Jacket

Ooe

Wax Flesh Viberg

5UqZR5q.jpg

The jean itself. Crotch is starting to go and will probably need repairs in the very near future.

je7l5ik.jpg

JYTnGzm.jpg

Great updates, driving through CA is the best...

Here are my jeans from last month though they've been washed twice since. Also had a scotch egg and steak and ale pie today. Food was OK but direct upload feature is a game changer for me and this thread lol

IMG_3622.JPG

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

Resolution is blotchy due to low lighting/iPhone camera, but this is the most accurate picture of my pair, color-wise. Also, just wanted to say I appreciate this amount of "saggy butt" on jeans; not a big fan of super tight butt hugging, so I'll take the diaper effect all day over skinny jeans and downsizing

31504625893_6460c9879a_o.jpg

Super lazy weekend...Walked around downtown today, tried to be a good consumer and take advantage of Levi's final winter sale (70% off Made and Crafted, additional 50% off already marked down prices) but unfortunately didn't pull the trigger on anything. Turns out when you don't need anything, spending starts feeling like a waste!

Some random views from my day

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG