Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Broark, what kind of damage are we talking?

Just the crotch starting to blow out a bit, not sure why since these aren't super tight on me.

Might have to do with wearing them lower on my waist, extra fabric bunching up or something.

I'll take some photos of the damage tomorrow once the jeans are dry.

Gotcha...The hole in my knee is gradually growing every time I look down but I'm holding off because I'm not sure of any local repair jobs here in Chicago that I can trust (Anyone know any?). I'm really enjoying the vertical falling as well, I think my recent frequent washes are starting to bring out more of that blue I'm looking for as they're still surprisingly dark.

Gotcha...The hole in my knee is gradually growing every time I look down but I'm holding off because I'm not sure of any local repair jobs here in Chicago that I can trust (Anyone know any?). I'm really enjoying the vertical falling as well, I think my recent frequent washes are starting to bring out more of that blue I'm looking for as they're still surprisingly dark.

Not in Chicago but I know jyoni is in the twin cities and so is satchelbmoore so I'm sure you could have a pretty quick turn around on them.  The repairs jyoni did on his pair from the first ooe contest were incredible as I'm sure you remember.

As promised here's an update! Got an iPhone 7 recently and the camera is a whole lot nicer compared to the camera on the 6, so hopefully these came out a little better. 

Worn just about every day since the start of the contest, I've lost track of washes. Shooting for somewhere around once a month at this point, so probably 6/7 washes thus far. They've also seen the dryer a few times.

Overall I love these jeans, just wish I wasn't going to have to get them repaired already. Stitching in the crotch is starting to die pretty quickly, might be because I'm on my feet all day at work or something. Hard telling. I'll send them to Indigo Proof soon to let Rain work her magic.

mEjzEul.jpg

bVxVVjX.jpgCtTdWHG.jpg

lh5cXxj.jpg

trYAxTu.jpg

gLBDGTg.jpg

6zKKy0p.jpg

bU8K62k.jpg

FbI3dXa.jpg

Great wear everyone! I'm at about the same level of progress and would say some of my pictures are misleading due to the high contrast. 

Broark, interesting that the crotch is going on yours...The cotton thread is breaking for me at the back pocket where I keep my phone but seemingly holding up everywhere else. Was wondering when we'd get the first iPhone 7 denim shots lol

guthriegking, almost thought I was looking at my own picture!

Throwing mine in the wash again this weekend, will post results once I get back (short weekend trip to Michigan)

^^ Damn, those are looking good.

Boss cracked down about three weeks ago on "business casual", so sadly I'm down to nights and weekends only. Plus the occasional Friday when he's out.  :ph34r:

The denim is holding onto its dark shade astoundingly hard, so the very light streaks on the thighs and some lighter blue on the wallet and knees really stand out. It'll be interesting to see if these ever really lighten up all over like I had been expecting from the initial fade photos that Hiro and Ryu provided...  I think I'm going to switch to a very frequent washing schedule also, since I feel pretty good about the contrast at the whiskers and thighs already.

Will give an update in the next week or so. Been a very uneventful couple months, mostly work, so not as much inspiration to post anything.

Indeed...More often than not, I'm always surprised at how fast jeans fade the initial first few months, feel it peaks at around 5-7 months, but then starts taking off after 7 once I start getting restless, no matter the brand. I think we're just at that cusp when things will start to take off again so it'll be an interesting next few months! 

Six months coming up! Been super busy the past two months and once more going into October. Wish I did cool stuff during the summer but I oddly enough might have a week or two off in October. Echoing others saying it's still pretty damn dark. Subtle and complex indeed. Crotch is also wearing through a bit. 

Think my pair has maybe 9+ washes now.

oVjENiM.jpgX14mJJg.jpg4DzFpCJ.jpgyrF2CCo.jpg5WMoNVQ.jpgYlgRxEu.jpg

Didn't wash the jeans after all out of laziness, but here is a quick picture to give an idea of how they look. Color is accurate on the top picture, second image is blown out but gives an idea of the fading:

29430756014_bc4b9d2ea6_z.jpg

29975030651_1b2e6598a2_z.jpg

Couldn't remember if we were at 6 or 7 months so thanks for confirming ALB  :D

Feels longer for some reason but maybe that's why they're still dark for all of us? lol  

I need an Ooe 1937 cut or maybe a new release of the WWII ASAP! itching for something super loose though I promise not to cheat on the contest pair (and yes, I do know those Herc's are still available, especially in my size... ;) )

I admit that the colors are a bit off but damn! I love this fabric! 8 washes and one tumble dry. I actually tumble dried them for the first time today and they didn't explode haha ;)

20161009_164052_zps0pux9sos.jpg

Edited by tigerstrom

Awful lighting and not the greatest photo to show fades but wanted to give an update as to how my pair is fitting currently.  Will be finally moving into a new apartment in LA this weekend so they will be getting another wash after the move is all complete and I'll be posting a more thorough update then!

29662407693_daab841e86_z.jpg

Edited by guthriegking

Another wash! Color is way off due to indoor lighting at night, but I'll try to get some photos with natural light tomorrow. Curious to see how much they've lightened up, but it's clear that the "roping" is starting to come out with more and more washes/dries

30080018880_5e9a6fdc84_z.jpg

30377082295_23d8059360_z.jpg

Depressingly, I haven't had sunlight to take any update pictures in as I've been working late at work. Decided to try using a better camera, though it's still the same unfortunate lighting. Wish I could get something decent up, but these give an idea of how amazing the fabric is turning out. They're even developing my "signature" crinkly/marbleness which I'm very happy about, especially with how the denim doesn't relatively shrink as much as others...Anyway, depth of color is off and yellow due to indoor lighting, but the contrast is correct:

30364244666_f9a52941fc_z.jpg

29769964584_ce52aeab2c_z.jpg

30400483735_a6d8220d18_z.jpg

29769965794_23fbd16ded_z.jpg

29769966004_74f2522ae8_z.jpg

29769966334_04bddb243f_z.jpg

29769966624_c5f4fa91c8_z.jpg

29769966714_de20c8fbe0_z.jpg

I have high hopes for these jeans, but I already know they won't let me down, given how my OA01XX's progressed similarly, and are my favorite pair I own. Here they are on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCrVUe-M6xg/

Finally a quick update after quite a long while. Recently started washing the jeans every couple weeks, and they seem to finally be noticeably lightening.

Went to the Catskills with a group of friends last weekend, about 8 of us in a house together along with a couple furry friends for three days of hiking, grilling, and overwhelming quantities of booze. The autumn colors were in full effect, and it was a gorgeous break. One that left us recovering for much of this week...

2JBwA2d.jpg

lLsZwq6.jpg

MmA8Cai.jpg

We ended up hiking a trail to a place called Huckleberry Point, which had an incredible vista across the Hudson River Valley and through into the early foothills of the Catskills. After miles of hiking upward and over rolling hills, you just spill out of the woods onto a dozen boulders and prominences overlooking a cliff down to the valley floor.

zHNoJn2.jpg

YEm0jne.jpg

And at least the wallet fades are coming in really nicely...

C2vZFpU.jpg

And a few photos from a recent morning when we had some decent light...

Impressed with how everyone else kept their patches in such good shape, mine started smudging after the first couple washes and by this point is pretty much illegible. Still, the rest of the jeans are starting to look quite good!

lzsGVVK.jpg

OA7G8Ru.jpg

HsKv04A.jpg

Jeans are looking great! And I'm jealous of that fall weather.

Mine need to go for a repair soon, crotch is already starting to go a bit.

Just hesitating sending them off because I don't want to be without them!