Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

by Jan 2017 this Ooe contest won't be even ended! two contests at the same time?

It's very generous of you guys (and I would love a pair) but I share Volvo's sentiment. It doesn't make sense to have two Ooe contests running at the same time.

this contest should finish up around dec 2017, with Aho we thought about let start the new TCB contest right at the end of this one, just for the sake of playing it nice and give people the opportunity of doing both.

Either way it's fine to me but if there are plans already now to organize a new Ooe contest I won't wait the end of this one to set up the TCB new contest.

Welp, after just a week or so of wear after a wash I manage to spill coffee all over my pair.

Needless to say they're in the wash again. 

-_-

This happens to me all the time, get all excited about my freshly washed jeans and wham i get something disgusting all over them....

this contest should finish up around dec 2017, with Aho we thought about let start the new TCB contest right at the end of this one, just for the sake of playing it nice and give people the opportunity of doing both.

Either way it's fine to me but if there are plans already now to organize a new Ooe contest I won't wait the end of this one to set up the TCB new contest.

No plans yet, just speculation.  

This happens to me all the time, get all excited about my freshly washed jeans and wham i get something disgusting all over them....

Perhaps if you didn't get so excited, you wouldn't have to clean up the disgusting mess afterwards. It's all about self-control! ;-)

Had the pleasure of getting tattooed yesterday by Alex Graham while he's in LA over Midtown Tattoo

27988782755_e81e406518_z.jpg

Heres a photo of it from today with a little ooe thrown in there 

27910802551_1c0eb241c2_z.jpg

Went to Deanna Templeton signing for her new book 'The Swimming Pool' last week. Both she and her husband Ed are huge influences to me for different reasons.

27910797781_7253214d43_z.jpg

Also had the best Jamaican food I've ever had recently

27708697470_36c432c0d8_z.jpg

Edited by guthriegking

You have good taste dude. I haven't had Jamaican food since I left south London where my favourite takeaway spot, Fillings, did exactly what it said on the tin. Serious portions!

Wasn't aware of Deanna Templeton, but earlier this week a climbing buddy and I were reminiscing about the mid-late 90s Toy Machine videos like Welcome to Hell and Jump off a Building. Ed T. was always very cool.

Thanks dude! Jamaican food is some of my favorite!

Those videos are some if his best parts I think, plus he still rips and makes amazing art/is just a genuinely good dude overall.  Deanna is also an incredible photographer, me and my girlfriend went to another show opening of hers this last Saturday and it was amazing work (didn't take any photos while there).

Went on a road trip around a bit of the southwest recently and hit up a bunch of national parks. Brought the ooe's along and wore them as much as the heat would allow! Started off in Vegas and went to Zion, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Arches and Great Basin. I had never been in that part of the country before and really enjoyed myself. Here are a few pics of my journey

Xw9bNHA.jpg

First full day we took a hike through the subway in Zion.

JYapovA.jpg

went to see the coral pink sand dunes park

QNzZZW2.jpg

Hiked about 4 miles down into the grand canyon 

Yf2lFdV.jpg

dinosaur tracks!

tYHAQQs.jpg

Very cool trading post in Navajo Nation

4gxrqch.jpg

Mesa Verde

Also gave my pair another wash yesterday, I think I'm somewhere around 4 or 5 washes already. Hard not to wash your jeans regularly living somewhere as hot as here. I think these photos aren't as over exposed as some of my other ones, but it's the best my iPhone camera can do right now.

These really are my favorite jeans, I've found that this denim doesn't shrink quite as much as the OA denim. I wore my OA02XX's yesterday while these were drying and the contest jeans feel considerably looser in comparison. That's alright by me.

I'll try and hold out for another month or two for a wash, these are going to look great I can already tell!

VdrQgFS.jpg

YYrUHNY.jpg

altjANd.jpg

cy9e1X4.jpg

I think the denim evolution is slowing down now, it's hitting that long haul of months 3 to 8 where so little seems to happen until they suddenly have visible creases and lightening. Still, really comfy as everyone says, and the texture on these is beautiful as that vertical falling starts to show up.

Was in San Luis Obispo for a wedding recently, so we made a trip out of it and stayed a few days in LA afterward before flying back home. I'm jealous of guthriegking, as California always makes me want to stay longer. Just a few shots from the trip...

The views down Pismo Beach from our hotel were amazing, spent a nice morning or two down on the beach enjoying the sun and surf before everyone woke up. The shot of the bluffs in the other direction shows that, whatever color striations I can see up close, these jeans still look really dark.

c3H6RMr.jpg

jK0gpne.jpg

Also loved the vineyards around there, went to a few for tastings the day before the wedding. Cheated on the contest a little, wearing my Stevenson 714s in this shot...

3bYWWaU.jpg

Back in LA, we got to enjoy the sights around downtown, did some hiking in the Hollywood hills (up to the Wisdom Tree, then over the Cahuenga and Hollywood peaks to the Griffith Observatory), and had some fantastic meals

8OGt7nu.jpg

uySJGpZ.jpg

Two top food highlights:

The short-order cook at Millie's is a master. Great touch on the griddle, it was seriously impressive watching him churn out 5-6 dishes at a time and keep everything cooking perfectly. Diner food may not be much to look at, but these were the best chilequiles I've had by far.

153U3bF.jpg

And uni risotto at Kinjiro... Oof. So rich, so satisfying. A really fantastic meal, and not that bad of a price for the quality of everything.

z9gx57Q.jpg

Then, just a few days after arriving back home, a nice time laying under trees in Central Park made too tempting of a target for some birds. These poor jeans had to get washed yet again.

cxuMr8S.jpg

3 months and 1 day. Nothing too exciting going on and working all summer with the exception of the last week of July. Going out to San Diego and LA. Excited that I'm finally getting to visit SE and Mister Freedom. Not sure what else to see though.

Also washing these somewhat frequently. Think it has maybe 7 washes or so.

MwKnko9.jpg

gRgJ5fM.jpg

EfDxv6W.jpg

BxkzwMI.jpg

Edited by ALB