Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Nice updates from everyone! I'm still holding out to give my pair another wash, I think once the two month mark hits I'll throw them in the wash. Loving how they are coming along so far, the initial darkness of the denim was great but now they're lightening up really nicely. I also feel like this denim didn't end up shrinking as much as the OA denim, this pair doesn't feel as tight as my OA02XX's do in the same size. I will say I haven't seen any of the horizontal streaking you guys are talking about.

Nice boots, not generally a wingtip kind of guy but those look solid.

I should have some new boots to go with my jeans soon too!

Speaking of the contest jeans, here's another overexposed in the car photo.

I love the vertical streakiness of this denim, should look great down the road!

JmUuKYR.jpg

And tonight's beer to go with the jeans is Poterie from The Bruery. Super boozy old ale aged in bourbon barrels. Cheers!

0hwCtBT.jpg

i recently bought a new pair of alden no. 8 straight tip boots..i'd be interested in seeing some s&s+alden shell models!

Give us some time - we can't order shell for another 6 months...but I think we're probably going to lead out with the tanker in black shell as soon as it's offered to us. 

Give us some time - we can't order shell for another 6 months...but I think we're probably going to lead out with the tanker in black shell as soon as it's offered to us.

Awesome update from Ooe HQ!

Put me on that eventual waiting list for the black cordo tankers, that's the boot I've been looking for for a while now!

Hey everyone's updates are looking good! Sorry for my absence as of late, been getting ready to move from Minneapolis to LA with my girlfriend. Currently we are 2 days into our trip and we're staying tonight and tomorrow in Flagstaff, AZ (where I grew up). As soon as we get to LA I plan on giving my jeans a wash and I'll flood you guys with photos from the road trip.

Hey everyone's updates are looking good! Sorry for my absence as of late, been getting ready to move from Minneapolis to LA with my girlfriend. Currently we are 2 days into our trip and we're staying tonight and tomorrow in Flagstaff, AZ (where I grew up). As soon as we get to LA I plan on giving my jeans a wash and I'll flood you guys with photos from the road trip.

i grew up there as well (81-94)

been getting ready to move from Minneapolis to LA with my girlfriend.

Congrats! Where are you moving in LA?

Never expected to like it there, but I've had a couple friends move out for jobs, etc. and every time I visit it's just... nice. Sure there's driving, but there's so much to be said for six more months of sun each year, and weather that perfectly fluctuates between "brisk" and "warm". DoLA is looking better and better.

Congrats! Where are you moving in LA?

Never expected to like it there, but I've had a couple friends move out for jobs, etc. and every time I visit it's just... nice. Sure there's driving, but there's so much to be said for six more months of sun each year, and weather that perfectly fluctuates between "brisk" and "warm". DoLA is looking better and better.

So we booked an air bnb for the next 2 months in Mid City and were gonna just kinda be open to wherever we can find jobs and what area really suits our lifestyle the best. I keep hearing that downtown is getting better and better.

My favorite denim shirt on top of my favorite jeans!

Mister Freedom Appaloosa and the 1702XX's of course.  ^_^

Trying to decide if the jeans are going to get one more month of wear before a wash or not.

ZlTkBY3.jpg

Alright you guys here comes a pretty large update and its honestly not even going to be everything because I just dont want to bore you all haha.

First up this is for you, aho. So when I was in Flagstaff my girlfriend and I went to one of my parents oldest friends stores called Winter Sun (they sell holistic products, silver jewelry, and lots of other things made mainly by navajo and hopi people).

Just a bunch of shitty photos of some of the stuff they have:

27367737301_b4b777ba09_z.jpg

27405504816_4557779395_z.jpg

27367735161_ac2f144e90_z.jpg

27405503706_d1755f76be_z.jpg

27367732801_a4800d76f6_z.jpg

27367729361_bb1ef5d0e8_z.jpg

I ended up picking up this ring with turquoise and coral in it.  Its old pawn and im not quite sure about anymore info on it,  Phyllis' son Anthony who is the jewelry guy at the store was out of town at the time so I'll have to shoot him an email to see if he can tell me anything else about it.

27439516535_180c41e6c9_z.jpg

Edited by guthriegking