Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Would definitely recommend the two wash method. The 2nd wash shrank them down a lot more. I waited till they were completely dry in between.

I'm wearing mine now after just one hot wash and they do feel a little long/big in the leg still, I think I'll probably throw them in again just to make sure most of the shrink is gone.

Excellent pics everyone, this is truly shaping up to be another epic contest!

I wonder how they chose the tarot cards? I got "JUDGEMENT" which is somewhat fitting given the contest. Hard to focus at work right now with these sitting on my desk next to me lol

been wearing them since I got home from work, favorite new detail is this slubby spot in my right pocket that sits right where my fingers are when I have them inside the pockets. I can't stop obsessively rubbing it.....

3:00am here and the jeans are fresh out of 2 washes/drier trips. Without a doubt, the 02 cut is unequivocally THE MOST versatile cut I've ever tried on, and I honestly don't have a more favorite fit out of everything I own. Slim, loose in the waist where I need it most, with a perfect amount of taper. I've always said I'm an Ooe fan for life, but I legit need to stock up on 02 cuts to last me a lifetime...

I can already tell that this denim will crock at a somewhat faster pace as there is some slight creasing from it's rounds in the drier, accelerated by the crispiness of the LHT I'm guessing. It'll be awesome to see how the almost brown cast will turn blue over time, and how these will soften up with wear over the next few days. Also interesting that I don't get the same amount of crinkles and roping as on RHT, but I plan to blast these through wash/drying often per my usual routine. Initial report and impressions for now!

Edited by aho

this will be a fun thread to follow!

Love the nice ephemera, labels and typewriter letters.

great fits everyone especially love GGIS leisure fit and Pudas trim fit.

Pudas these jeans make you look devilishly slim, and they sit great over the the cowboy boots.

look forward to the real life updates guys!

Edited by volvo240thebest

ive lost a bit of bloat over the past few months so I imagine I could have pulled off a 35, but the TCB contest allowed me to adjust my parameters for an ideal fit, and the size 36 that I went with is loose enough to allow a nice range of motion and comfort with a bit more streamlined appearance.  I also realized I cant get any hot water to my washing machine, so next time I am at the inlaws Ill probably sneak a hot wash in for good measure

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with one different pocket bag.  :D

I'm glad these have more texture than the normal OA denim. It's great but I've been wearing my pair for some time now and definitely wanted something with a little more subtle irregularity to it without.

With you guys 100%...This is a nice change up to the OAXX denim for me since it's been a year and 4 months since I've worn anything else. Of course they're taking off now fade wise (will try to get pics up eventually) but this new pair will get there eventually! 

Excellent pics everyone, this is truly shaping up to be another epic contest!

I wonder how they chose the tarot cards? I got "JUDGEMENT" which is somewhat fitting given the contest. Hard to focus at work right now with these sitting on my desk next to me lol

We went through the whole deck of cards, picked out the 15 most awesome cards, and then distributed largely at random.  AHO - you got two 'cause you set this up.

The letters were all hand-typed.  All I have to say about that is that I am glad we have computers now.

Aho, patch looks great for 2 wash/2 dry.  Mine is a bit more irregular but I usually treat the patch first thing before I machine wash to help ward off any damage.  Worked for the TCB contest as my patch is not nearly as worn and leathery as other, but this time around it seems to have not done as much