Visvim FW16

Aside from that, I have a question. I recently bought a Visvim Slim Chino from the new season. I wear size 1 for all my high/higher water chinos and chino shorts, and also W30 for Social Sculpture. But I could barely button the Slim Chino full, I literally have to fight with the pants to get it buttoned up. The thigh areas are also very tight. Other than that the length is perfect and cutting below the knee is good. I'm wondering if I should sell this pair and get a size 2 (or continue wearing it and hope that it stretches), but I am worried it would be too big or long (since I don't plan to fold it, that would defeat the purpose of high water. I'm also avoiding the tailor if possible).

Any opinions?

The chinos changed in sizing starting in FW16. Everything that used to be a size 1 is now a size 2, etc etc. I can't really remember what the explanation was (one of the dudes from Vis mentioned it at a trunk show) but either way, I think you'd be better off getting a size up.

the explanations I got from the FIL dudes is that each season, for ALL styles (even in case of basic styles like 101, kilgore, all denim pants etc) Hiroki tries them on during the prototyping and based on his feeling, readjusts the sizing (or not). Over the previous seasons, changes were slight, but since he turned to be a vegetarian since one year ago or so he lost a lot of weight, and all the sizing has been basically up one size (he wears a size 3, and now that size 3 is more like a 2). Makes sense for him maybe, but not for us.

Edited by emixam

I have heard something like that as well. I noticed that the measurements on the FIL Store also downsized. But it was only the case for the Giza version, however the normal chinos still maintained the same measurements as previous seasons...

• 3 weeks later...