Bags, backpacks, duffles, messenger, slings, etc.

1 hour ago, GUNDAM said:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how much of a custom job bagjack would do ? 

Would ideally like to get one of the 3 way quick release straps like the ACR one but on a bag by a different company.

Don't know if anyone has already asked them or tried it?

I haven't personally asked them for any custom work but I've seen a lot of other people's, on their insta as well as around the net
I'd chuck them an email, worst they can say is no 

3 hours ago, awex said:

I haven't personally asked them for any custom work but I've seen a lot of other people's, on their insta as well as around the net
I'd chuck them an email, worst they can say is no 

Nice one, yeah was gunna email them at some point no harm in asking i guess. Safe 

oh I misunderstood you. I do not think they would do so, I checked some 5.11 bags and it would be pretty easy to DIY it. since 5.11 is using side release buckes and the 3-point strap system is "just a strap with a siderelease buckle in middle", all you have to do is attach the 5.11 buckles to the 3PSS with just looping.

but your 5.11 might be different to what I saw.

Edited by danii

Sorry, ive probably not been clear. Yeah in terms of the actual strap system it probably fits the same buckles tbh but id like the main quick release strap as well then have it attached. (Unless the attachable 3 point comes like this and im being dumb?) Im sure i could probably get them to make one then just get someone else to attach it properly. I dont have the resources to do it myself.

18 hours ago, danii said:

Custom color is just a piece of cake to order. It would sound better if you asked for a custom color strap than to add it to a different brand bag.

Most def.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of bagjack, does anyone know where to get those inner bags? http://www.bagjack.com/classics-modules-inside-inner-bag/

They're not available on bagjack's online store and bagjack's not responding to inquiries about them either ...

*Update: It took them a few days to reply. Apparently those are only made on demand and therefore not in the online store.

Edited by eyesolation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a camera backpack? I'll consider messenger style or other as well.  I have a DSLR, lenses, flash, and other camera bits that need a tech carrier.  Am considering the Lowepro protactic 350 and would love any other recommendations.  Water resistance a must.

Edited by jflowtography

31 minutes ago, johngalt said:

looking for small pouches to do some internal organization in my bag. Would any have any recommendations or could ID pouches like this.

TAD Transport Cubes, Arcteryx Index line, Muji has some thin, cheap ones, Arket does too. Patagonia has the Black Hole Something line.

And then there's all the cheap Tactical Supply Gear everywhere.

There's one Tactical supplier that does the cubes that are depicted in your image, but they would then have a velcro patch on the back for use with the Khard.

14 hours ago, jflowtography said:

Can anyone recommend a camera backpack? I'll consider messenger style or other as well.  I have a DSLR, lenses, flash, and other camera bits that need a tech carrier.  Am considering the Lowepro protactic 350 and would love any other recommendations.  Water resistance a must.

You checked out DSPTCH yet?

4 hours ago, johngalt said:

Hi, first post on this thread. 

I'm looking for small pouches to do some internal organization in my bag. Would any have any recommendations or could ID pouches like this.

I have a Veilance Nomin. Thanks 

I use a small flatpack from outlier for loose/small EDC type stuff, and an arcteryx index 5+5 for change of clothes. I also sometimes use dopp kits for general gear/electronics, like the DSPTCH Dopp Kit and Aer SF dopp kits. DSPTCH also has a cool cable organizer thing with a handle that can organize things: https://www.dsptch.com/collections/cases

but in that pic of the khard, those are probably just standard tactical fare. You can look at Maxpedition or Vanquest for example

Thanks for the tip. It's mostly EDC stuff like chargers, cables, pens, etc. I've of course googled and found som alternatives, amongst them grid-it, but was wondering if anyone here had some more sleek and techy alternatives than the ones I've found, which are more mil-spec styled.

Edited by Haackk

Check out This Is Ground’s Tech Dopp, Lihit Lab’s Smart Fit Pocket Stand bag or B5/A6 pouch, or Flight 001’s Seat Pak.  The little Rimowa cases that LH’s amenity kits come in are also pretty good for keeping odds and sods in place.

Contacted Spyder customer support via e-mail, since the wording on Bagjacks FB was a bit vague. Was told that the Bagjack Bags are only sold in Korea. Unfortunate.