Bags, backpacks, duffles, messenger, slings, etc.

2 hours ago, shoreman said:

I'd say your assessment is accurate. However, my opinion is that if you prefer the Visvim pack, get that one. The finer details make the difference. 

Thanks for taking your time and giving advice. As I said previously, I was blown away by the build and construction quality when I checked out the Visvim pack. But thinking about it; as I'm going to Tokyo in June, I might just wait until I get there to cop. The Visvim pack is a bit cheaper in Japan, as far as I can tell, and then I can check out the Lexdray in person, as well. And get a more hands-on comparison.

But yeah, I'd assume it would be hard to beat the Visvim pack. So I'm definitely leaning towards that one.

• 2 weeks later...

since more pics were requested... bag with the modulars. 3d printed zipper pull. just diy'ed the strap. 2" > 1" conversion with QLQR. tried a few other pieces of hardware that werent doing a good job holding the strap so got an AustriAlpin cobraframe. ended up needing a new huge backpack for music gear too so got one from the same surplus store. would love to own a foil 3a-1 one day but this was about $200 for everything

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

File Apr 14, 2 44 51 PM.jpeg

17 hours ago, X.bee said:

Does anyone know the rough time estimate of shipping from Guerilla Group to the US? I never ordered from China before. Also, any firsthand accounts on quality?

It's from Taiwain I think, and once they give you the tracking number, it's usually pretty fast. In my experience the items are delivered within 4-5 days (Taiwan to California). How long they take from you ordering it to them shipping it out varies though.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, chris_n said:

i've never been impressed at the quality of materials from gg (it's priced accordingly though), although i really like their sense of design and style.

meh, GG's stuff is very very derivative of other brands though (nom de guerre rip, acronym, etc.) I wouldn't really call that design and style. No hate to beef thang, I know he's an OG and all, but I wouldn't use those terms to describe their stuff lol.

Funnily enough, I do have the og ndg paratroopers still. Can't fit them at all, and they're probably in a bin somewhere but I won't sell em because they're basically a treasure at this point.

2 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

meh, GG's stuff is very very derivative of other brands though (nom de guerre rip, acronym, etc.) I wouldn't really call that design and style. No hate to beef thang, I know he's an OG and all, but I wouldn't use those terms to describe their stuff lol.

Funnily enough, I do have the og ndg paratroopers still. Can't fit them at all, and they're probably in a bin somewhere but I won't sell em because they're basically a treasure at this point.

i get what you're saying but i think the 'derivative' argument is tired considering all the tech shit we're into is basically milsurp. using acr as an example is pretty tired as well considering a lot of their stuff is 'derivative', as you'd say, of other designers as well.

out of curiosity what do you consider design and style? i'm not defending gg in the least, i don't know them personally but i appreciate the ecosystem they've created for the brand through design and very particular style.

14 hours ago, Goober said:

Does anyone have experience with First Tacticl? I've been looking for a small light carry messenger bag and the Summit Side Satchel looks promising. Link

first tactical is from the original founder and industrial designer of 5.11 tactical. it's legit

On 4/21/2017 at 3:15 AM, X.bee said:

Does anyone know the rough time estimate of shipping from Guerilla Group to the US? I never ordered from China before. Also, any firsthand accounts on quality?

Took 1-2 days for my order to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 5:59 PM, barto said:

since more pics were requested... bag with the modulars. 3d printed zipper pull. just diy'ed the strap. 2" > 1" conversion with QLQR. tried a few other pieces of hardware that werent doing a good job holding the strap so got an AustriAlpin cobraframe. ended up needing a new huge backpack for music gear too so got one from the same surplus store. would love to own a foil 3a-1 one day but this was about $200 for everything

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

File Apr 14, 2 44 51 PM.jpeg

this set up is so dope.  Where is the side bag from?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey all – looking for a sleek, futuristic shoulder bag / messenger (not military style, no MOLLE or anything). Only need it to hold things as big as an 8.5'' x 11'' notebook and a water bottle, and not too many of them so slimmer is preferable. I like the look of trapezoidal-ish bags but all of the one's I've seen are far too thick for my needs or don't hold A4 / US paper. Waterproof isn't strictly necessary but is a huge plus. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by muonic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how much of a custom job bagjack would do ? 

Would ideally like to get one of the 3 way quick release straps like the ACR one but on a bag by a different company.

Don't know if anyone has already asked them or tried it?