Bags, backpacks, duffles, messenger, slings, etc.

You can just buy a Stabilizer Strap from DSPTCH to use on their sling: https://www.dsptch.com/collections/packs/products/stabilizer-strap-s

Also, you can wear the sling "upside down" so it sits vertical on your back -- that's my preferred way to carry it.

according to pictures the DSPTCH with a BAGJACK 3-point system looks doable. you will need to:

––remove siderelease buckles from the D strap and attach them to both ends of B strap or they can be replaced with gatekeeper tension locks because you will not need a strap with 3 side release buckles

––they look like they are both 50mm webbing, in case they are not you could cut the D strap and sew it with the wider/thinner B strap or you can add a webbing with  D ring and loop it in a similar way that is on the 3A-1/3TS bags

––it looks like here is some kind of loop on the back of the D sling, thats where you need to connect the stabilizer strap from B strap

––you can sew it there or attach a gatekeeper tensionlock which is sewfree solution

dsptch.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the D sling pack but I do own a B strap, therefore I am not 100% sure about the process to be sewfree. Even if it will involve some sewing it will be few straight stitches that are doable on home machine.

I checked last night, it definitely cannot be done sewfree. But if you don't mind sewing then replacing them can be done, however part of the buckle is integrated deep into the bag so I think you will end up with 3 buckles regardless. 

Buying the stabilizer strap separately would be great! But they charge a minimum of $50 for shipping to China for a $8 strap, lol. But I think I can source one here actually, need to look around.  

I'm gonna try the upside down thing when I get home branespload, never actually thought of it. 

i've had the dsptch daypack for over 2yrs now (it might have changed slightly since then) and it's not perfect, but is overall v good and also great value for money. still want a vis but don't think i can ever justify spending that much even after all these years.

also own the dpstch 'waist bag' which i'm not so keen on, although the magnetic closure is nice. i generally just use a tote bag for most things, or a small chums pouch that i bought from tokyu hands almost a decade ago:

imgrc0065857601.jpg

(don't know what the teal thing is, mine doesn't have that).

Edited by conqueror

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/01/2017 at 3:08 PM, branespload said:

Many smart features. Did you figure out if it's possible to adjust the shoulder strap length when carrying the bag/under load?

Edit: I got a reply from them, saying that "adjustment should be possible even under load.  You would just need to unlock the bottom cam and pull the tab to adjust."

Edited by hjpx
added reply from TAD

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, awex said:

Anyone going to grab the new bagjack sniper bag? I really like the function, less the camo cordura 

Haven't had the chance to handle it, but I'll point out that there's a "plain" black version available on the product page—it's just not in any of the product photos. In any case, that's the first bag I've seen since buying my 3a-1 that feels like something I'd want to buy... just not sure about the external branding.

Also—I expect this has been discussed in the past, but will the bagjack 3-point strap work fine with my 3a-1? The straps seem like they should fit, but I wanted to check.

Edited by junkie_dolphin

On 04/02/2017 at 3:33 AM, junkie_dolphin said:

Haven't had the chance to handle it, but I'll point out that there's a "plain" black version available on the product page—it's just not in any of the product photos. In any case, that's the first bag I've seen since buying my 3a-1 that feels like something I'd want to buy... just not sure about the external branding.

Also—I expect this has been discussed in the past, but will the bagjack 3-point strap work fine with my 3a-1? The straps seem like they should fit, but I wanted to check.

I only have bagjacks bags, but the 3 point strap system definitely is the same, and acronym bags are made in collaboration with bagjack. 

On the topic of the 3a-1, anyone remember if and when they were restocked around this time last year? Trying to decide if I should keep waiting or grab that TAD bag for an upcoming trip. Certainly not gonna pay grailed prices...

Im not 100% but I thought they dropped same day as the rest of the collection last spring... then they restock any returns roughly a month later.  I imagine we won't see many returns in the future though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any brands that use black dyneema in their packs? I'm familiar with the HMG Daybreak and Outlier's offerings but haven't found any more than those two brands.

Saw it in shop quickly and saw someone with it at a gallery opening, mighty impressive. I haven't had time to go to the Bagjack store (they only open between 14 and 19...), but I hope I can come check it some time.

21 hours ago, tv_ice said:

Have you guys seen the new techline messenger from Bagjack? Was waiting on the 3A drop, but I almost think I like this more.

20 hours ago, exhaust fumes said:

Ugh, so many cobra buckles...

Yeah, no kidding. I wish they would have stuck with fidlock, like those way more. Also the price seems really high.