Bags, backpacks, duffles, messenger, slings, etc.

I've had my Mission Workshop Arkiv R6 20L for 3 years now and it's great! I use it ann kind of weather, with my mac, camera and other stuf! Always safe. And it looks as good as the day it did when i bought it.

• 4 weeks later...

Using the Mission Workshop Vandal at the moment and it's excellent for all purpose lugging around. Great build quality and lots of versatility ... only thing I'm missing occasionally is an organizer of some kind of small shit like pens, wallet, keys and the like rather than a bunch of large spaces.

vandal_web_11.jpg

I use two bags regularly right now -- Veilance Nomin backpack and a Cocotte Equipment Frida messenger bag (really small, likely intended for women but works great for light carry days). The Nomin is my daily use bag, the Frida is used for very light days, usually when travelling and all I need is my camera and a notebook.

I'd love to add a mid-size messenger, really love the Bagjack NXL Black (small)... but not totally sure when I would choose that over the two options I have now.

Started_T5S_bag3.jpg

Started_T5S_bag5.jpg

Triple 5 Soul hip pack convertible backpack

"It was in the mid 90’s.  I had moved to NYC to go to school at F.I.T. and was skateboarding all over the city.  If I knew that I was going to be out all day and into the night, I’d have a backpack.  If I was only going out for a few hours I had a hip pack.  One day I stumbled across a bag that was both by a brand called Triple Five Soul. It was a hip pack that could transform into a backpack.  My mind was blown!  That was when I realized that bags could serve a specific purpose and weren’t just for holding my stuff."

http://www.carryology.com/bags/bag-collectors-jp-guilbert/

Re-post of this from the waist bag thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, Bagjack are going to be releasing a new square Molle pouch with zip pretty soon, compatible with all 3A bags. Looks quite nice from the pics I've seen.

Bagjack just confirmed it'll be released sometime next week.

Edited by Dolphinski

No links, was just in an email convo with Gary at Bagjack. He just sent me some pics and it's basically a 3A-MZ2TS pouch without the extra PALS webbing on the front.

Speaking of molle pouches, Heimplanet got back to me and they're restocking the Volume pouches at the end of June. Very tempted to try them out.

I recently funded a Kickstarter campaign for the 'Minaal' bag. This being their second successful funding, where they released two new bags, The Carry-on 2.0 and the Daily. I actually heard about it through a blog called Zenhabits, where the writer had been testing a prototype and I really liked the look of it. It's got a ton of features, but my favourite is probably the straps which can be unclipped and tucked away in to the back rest, allowing it to be carried almost briefcase style. I've used this a couple of times when commuting to work. It's not impervious to rain, but comes with a really nice quality rain cover, which tucks down really small, and it has a lot of interior pockets, Nylon water bottle carrier, and even (wait for it...) a whistle built into one of the straps. It's got a really secure velcro-ed area for Laptops, my 13" Macbook Air fits really snug.

mXWQwlL.jpg

Edited by Majotaur

My quest for interesting Molle attachments continues... Just stumbled on this place that will make you customised Molle field pouches with Fidlock in a selection of colours, including a rather fetching waxed olive. 1000D corduroy outer, ripstop inner. Looks like a beast.

http://www.ynotmade.com/en/shop/fieldpouch/

A local store carries those and some of their other products as well, in hand they feel like they're made really well. I haven't heard how they are in practicality; I would imagine they'd hold up. Unrelated but the pedal straps on my bike are by YNOT and I love em.

I recently funded a Kickstarter campaign for the 'Minaal' bag. This being their second successful funding, where they released two new bags, The Carry-on 2.0 and the Daily. I actually heard about it through a blog called Zenhabits, where the writer had been testing a prototype and I really liked the look of it. It's got a ton of features, but my favourite is probably the straps which can be unclipped and tucked away in to the back rest, allowing it to be carried almost briefcase style. I've used this a couple of times when commuting to work. It's not impervious to rain, but comes with a really nice quality rain cover, which tucks down really small, and it has a lot of interior pockets, Nylon water bottle carrier, and even (wait for it...) a whistle built into one of the straps. It's got a really secure velcro-ed area for Laptops, my 13" Macbook Air fits really snug.

The back pad doesn't look very comfortable. How is it with a travel-ready load?

The back pad doesn't look very comfortable. How is it with a travel-ready load?

It does look very flat, but I haven't had any issues with it yet. Can't say with a travel-ready load yet as I've been packing quite light. I will test it and find out for you!

gotta say that Minaal bag looks like it suffers from the usual problem minimal bags have: they photograph well but once you put anything but inflated plastic bags inside they look totally misshapen and awful. Anyone want to comment on whether they experienced that with the veilance Nomin?

gotta say that Minaal bag looks like it suffers from the usual problem minimal bags have: they photograph well but once you put anything but inflated plastic bags inside they look totally misshapen and awful. Anyone want to comment on whether they experienced that with the veilance Nomin?

I've had the Nomin for about a year and am really happy with it. It works well packed lightly or totally stuffed. The material is stiff, so even when empty it basically holds its shape, which wouldn't happen with lighter materials.

I've had the Nomin for about a year and am really happy with it. It works well packed lightly or totally stuffed. The material is stiff, so even when empty it basically holds its shape, which wouldn't happen with lighter materials.

This. Nomin holds shape well even when it's empty, I'm also very pleased with it.

Can agree with both of these. Have used the nomin every weekend for a year and also traveled with it.

Anyone have experience with these boreas bags? Interesting design aesthetic. 

I wish they did more stealth color ups, some of the pops are a bit much, but overall a slick looking offering. 

Lark_Bla1_large.jpg?v=1430421016

saw a fashunz dude wearing this in chinatown today. it doesnt look that sleek bc of all the patterns going on. the silhouette is just kinda interesting imo. i saw these and might be an interesting alternative, but def a little more costumey and the real-world usability is suspect:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BClphkLPFs8/