116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

i actually like those, the wolf grey, and the black ones. i'm pretty sure these are much lighter than traditional AF1, and if they boast weather resistance and traction on wet or frozen cement then i'm sold. the laces. kinda wish it didnt have those eyelets though

12 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

as the name suggests the jungle boots are the opposite of a winter boot. they're not waterproof or insulated but meant to be as breathable and quick-drying as possible. they even have drainage grommets in the sides.

Yeah, I know that of traditional jungle boots. Just wasn’t sure about these since they’re Salomon and released for F/W... 

If that’s the case I’ll probably go back to SFBs for the winter. 

In my search for winter sneaker and boots I just came across these. A little busier than my usual taste, but I can see them being really versatile and holding up to the Canadian winter.

"AIR PEGASUS A/T WINTER 924497-001 BLACK"

nike-12_d8d1346f-d7d2-43ba-a58f-81279a34

4 minutes ago, StolenBread said:

I'd definitely prefer a boot over a sneaker, although this would be pretty good for the early stages of a canadian winter, maybe the SFB would still reign supreme for the winter

Yeah. I’m trying to plan my attack this year. I’ve been wearing Canadian army surplus boots for years, but they’re pretty dead now (holes etc). 

My thinking right now is sneakers like this for early and light weather days, then either my Arc’teryx Bora2 or Docs for nasty weather days. 

I might still check out SFBs for the in between sneaker and Bora weather, if I can find some to try on. 

5 hours ago, Kasper said:

Adidas X White Mountaineering. Really interested by these, although I am a bit skeptical of of the ability of primeknit to properly insulate / protect against cold, snow & rain. Anyone has handled these?

white-mountaineering-adidas-AW17-boston-

I've got the first iteration of these and they are in no way suitable for rain or snow lol. Dunno where you got that idea.

They're stretchy and comfy and I'd only ever wear them in dry conditions. 

16 hours ago, BRICK DOM said:

I've got the first iteration of these and they are in no way suitable for rain or snow lol. Dunno where you got that idea.

They're stretchy and comfy and I'd only ever wear them in dry conditions. 

It's kinda weird to design a boot that looks this rugged and not being able to handle the conditions it looks like it's designed for. 

Hey fellow shoe enthusiasts. I'm trying to get my sneakers, shoes, and boots ready for bad weather. Does anyone have experience with any of these hydrophobic sprays? The two main ones I've come across locally are Grangers Footwear Repel and Jason Markk Repel. The Grangers is way cheaper, but I want something I can use on my sneakers, suede, and leather (so no discoloration, still breaths, etc).

Any recommendations or experiences with these things? Are they really that different than the old-school suede and leather waterproofing sprays?

I have never liked waterproofing sprays on shoes. They always seem to greatly reduce breathability or are more WR than DWR. Grangers is the standard DWR wash for Gore-Tex and similar products. I don't think you can go wrong with Grangers. 

However, I don't think anything will make suede weatherproof.  

56 minutes ago, AnomalousTautology said:

I don't think anything will make suede weatherproof. 

Yeah. In this case, as with a few of them, I’m more interested in protecting them from damage and stains then actually making them weatherproof. 

Got my BBSxSalomon Bamba2's a couple weeks back at Serpentine, and while I love them, after a handful of wears, its becoming very clear that these will not be anywhere close to ideal for a harsh, snowy, Toronto winter. The mesh membrane that runs along the top of the toe-box and up the lateral side toward the ankle lets air through like a screen door. Not a deal-breaker around 5-10 degrees Celsius, but once the temps dip below 0, these will likely have to go out of rotation..

Again, very glad I got these for the transitional seasons, but for those considering getting these to trudge through a foot of snow, they're not the solution you're looking for.

PS, loving the representation Toronto is getting lately here on sufu. Nice to see more Canadians out in the wild B)

Edited by strikethrough
phrasing

@emenel have not tried this but have heard good things and keep meaning to grab a can but try saphir medaille d'or super invulner stain protector spray. can be used on suede, leather and canvas with no discolouration making the footwear fully waterproof and able to repel stains. in terms of breathability i'm not sure if this will impair the materials performance i'm sure it will a little like all the other sprays but that's the trade off.

Edited by scamster

9 hours ago, strikethrough said:

Got my BBSxSalomon Bamba2's a couple weeks back at Serpentine, and while I love them, after a handful of wears, its becoming very clear that these will not be anywhere close to ideal for a harsh, snowy, Toronto winter. The mesh membrane that runs along the top of the toe-box and up the lateral side toward the ankle lets air through like a screen door. Not a deal-breaker around 5-10 degrees Celsius, but once the temps dip below 0, these will likely have to go out of rotation..

Again, very glad I got these for the transitional seasons, but for those considering getting these to trudge through a foot of snow, they're not the solution you're looking for.

PS, loving the representation Toronto is getting lately here on sufu. Nice to see more Canadians out in the wild B)

Would love to see some fit pictures.

I also got myself a pair of black/white bamba2, can't wait to receive the package!

The white is a little bit too much in my opinion. But I can't find the black/grey dyed colorway anywhere, I totally slept on those.:( 

15 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Would love to see some fit pictures.

I also got myself a pair of black/white bamba2, can't wait to receive the package!

The white is a little bit too much in my opinion. But I can't find the black/grey dyed colorway anywhere, I totally slept on those.:( 

I've been working on some fit pics and will deliver soon.

The only place I've seen the black/grey in stick was at BBS in NYC back in mid-October, and they only had a few of the smaller sizes left (7, 8, etc..)

Edited by strikethrough