116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

6 hours ago, kenwiryadi said:

@Yoshiii the black dyed is different from last season’s? Ice grey is very dope tho. Thanks for the share man

Hey, I think you're referring to the AW17 Dyed Black? The one's that got very popular? I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They are definitely similar but there's slight differences. This pair is a quite a bit lighter than the previous black and although it's called black, it's definitely shades of blue.

Hope that helps

14 hours ago, robbatussin said:

How do the Bamba's run size-wise? I'm a UK12 and the largest size I've seen them stocked is a UK11 - is that correct? Really nice line-up this season.

This gets a little tricky when talking sizes of these but I'll make my best attempt. I'm referring to UK sizes, EU gets too messy.

I'd say Bamba 2 pretty much TTS, if say comparing to the usual Nike trainer. I know people have taken half a size bigger in these. My right foots a little snug but the size up is too big.

For me, Bamba 3's run half a size small. I tried it on and it felt a little too cramped on my right foot, albeit okay on my left but of course you have to size for your bigger foot. After a few minutes it did feel a little better but it was just a tad too small. In contrast to this, I know others who took the same size they took in the Bamba 2's...

1 hour ago, Yoshiii said:

This gets a little tricky when talking sizes of these but I'll make my best attempt. I'm referring to UK sizes, EU gets too messy.

I'd say Bamba 2 pretty much TTS, if say comparing to the usual Nike trainer. I know people have taken half a size bigger in these. My right foots a little snug but the size up is too big.

For me, Bamba 3's run half a size small. I tried it on and it felt a little too cramped on my right foot, albeit okay on my left but of course you have to size for your bigger foot. After a few minutes it did feel a little better but it was just a tad too small. In contrast to this, I know others who took the same size they took in the Bamba 2's...

Correct me if I’m wrong, I thought we’re referring to us sizes when we say Bamba2 is true to size.

Nike: us9.5 uk8.5 eu43 1/3 jp275

Bamba2: us9.5 uk9 eu43 1/3 jp275

My bad. Maybe that was a poor way to explain. I really hate the term TTS because I believe everyone's reference point is different. What I meant was, if you're a UK10 in Nike, You can wear a UK10 in the Bamba 2's but would need to go up half a size in the Bamba 3's.

You're completely right though, look at it like that and the UK size is the outlier. 

It always bothers me, as the conversion between sizes isn't universal. Look across 3 different websites and you'll get 3 different conversions. For example Nike UK9 / EU 44 / US10. New Balance UK9 / EU43 / US9.5. Amazon UK9 / EU43 / US10.

Out of those, Amazon's is what I usually follow. 

7 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Ordered and received the black dyed bamba 3 from Yoshiii (thanks again sir!); went same size as my bamba 2 and kind of wish I had sized up as he suggested before. The toe box is just a tad restrictive on the B3 (whereas I have room to spare on the B2). I bet a shoe stretcher would help though, am going to give that a go. Also, another thing I wasn't quite expecting is that the sole is aggressively tapered and narrow in the middle; for those with low arches/wide feet like me, this may not give you the best medial support. Still very psyched with shoe; just won't use as a daily beater. 

What I have most about the alyx shit is the placement of the buckle, basically only place where the ankle rotates and can cause pain is the place where they placed the buckle. But yeah it's the most visible placement.

The ACRNM LF-1 design is >> because:

-it's lunar sole

-tongue is longer to balance the long toebox

-colored heel

so once again, BEEN TRILL IS LAME

Also: ACR Zip is useful and lets me remove the shoes quickly or adjust the tightness. This buckle doesn't look like it has any practical purpose or use, would get in the way, and be awkward to open/close, plus I'd still have to use the laces.

Rando question, if this isn’t a good place to ask delete this shit and I’ll start a thread...

anybody on here tried dying the soles of their sneaks? I got a pair of low top 80’s style Jordan’s that I wanna dye grey. They're black and grey over all but the soles are white and I feel like I’m wearing clown shoes because of it  

Any tips would be appreciated. 

Edited by brainerd666

shout out to @Yoshiii for helping me get a pair of bamba 3 in canada a few weeks ago

thoughts: i'm typically a US 9 / UK 42 2/3 and i went TTS and they fit very comfortably. as for water resistance i've worn them in heavy rain for just under an hour and there was no soak through. i've got to call out the zipper for feeling very finicky, it often gets caught half way up/down and i'm certain i'll have to get it fixed or repaired down the line with how forceful i need to be with it.

IMG_20181021_123436[2].jpg

4 hours ago, koromo said:

shout out to @Yoshiii for helping me get a pair of bamba 3 in canada a few weeks ago

thoughts: i'm typically a US 9 / UK 42 2/3 and i went TTS and they fit very comfortably. as for water resistance i've worn them in heavy rain for just under an hour and there was no soak through. i've got to call out the zipper for feeling very finicky, it often gets caught half way up/down and i'm certain i'll have to get it fixed or repaired down the line with how forceful i need to be with it.

IMG_20181021_123436[2].jpg

The zip on my Bamba 2 has the same issue. Hope that we can find a way to fix it.

Did you take tts in Bamba 2 as well?

Edited by rogerhuangxj

15 hours ago, rogerhuangxj said:

The zip on my Bamba 2 has the same issue. Hope that we can find a way to fix it.

Did you take tts in Bamba 2 as well?

i don't have a pair of bamba 2 to compare with

15 hours ago, scamster said:

thinking about picking a pair of the 3 but concerned about the zip, do you think it needs a little lubrication? sometimes rubbing a pencil on a the teeth of the zip helps, the graphite can act as a lubricant.

i'm not sure if it's to do with lubrication, although that is an interesting solution that i'll give a try. the zipper seems to get totally snagged around the same spot nearly every time on both boots. although i do believe it's easier to unzip than to zip back up? 

2 hours ago, koromo said:

i don't have a pair of bamba 2 to compare with

i'm not sure if it's to do with lubrication, although that is an interesting solution that i'll give a try. the zipper seems to get totally snagged around the same spot nearly every time on both boots. although i do believe it's easier to unzip than to zip back up? 

the graphite will help smooth the action of zipping, hmm maybe sounds like the zip is being pulled a little wider when trying to zip up than it likes, does the problem persist if zipping open and closed when you do not have the boots on?

9 hours ago, zacjones said:

First post here, Not sure if this the right place. I just bought a pair of bamba 2's in uk 10.5 (biggest I could find) I usually wear nike 11. They fit but they're tight, how stretchy are they? Did anyone have to break them in?

If you went tts US and you don't have particularly wide feet, then I think you sized right and they'll probably loosen up a bit with time. I know a lot of people who went tts just zip them without tying the lace since they're snug. I went up .5 from my tts US size and while they still fit, I wish I had gone tts.