116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

Hi, I really hope this is the correct thread for a question like this. New to this forum so bear with me. 

So I'm looking for new shoes or boots. Can technically (no pun intended) be a sneaker or more of a hiking boot. All that matters is that they shouldn't have leather in them (preferably certified vegan but it's not a dealbreaker). They should also be similar to the ones pictured below, in regards of durability, usability in different weather conditions and price point (if lower, then all the better). There should also be an all black/olive/desert variant available in a Europe-based online shop.

L37347800.jpg

I was sort of looking at the Arc'teryx Bora Mid GTX but they're not as universally available.

Bora-Mid-GTX-Hiking-Boot-Graphite-Black-

Any tips? 

2 hours ago, mntblnk said:

Idk if you were answering to my post but yeah those would be really great except that they're a bit out of my budget and seem to be out of stock on most sites. 

You do know which forum you're on don't you? Everything on here is out of everyone's budget and out of stock everywhere but somehow we still end up buying them...

there is all white jungle coming out for SS18 too

59fc311445574_ScreenShot2017-11-03at10_03_54.png.fa9c2f36a50628b1f800e5961217a7d9.png

@mntblnk: yes I was. I can see the allblack pair in plenty of stores with a lot of sizes available. chances are the all black (not dyed) will be available when the discounts hit. They are at daad-dantone.com with 20% off if you use H4LL0W33N code (valid till 5th). Also as enemel mentioned the jungles are there too and they are 70EUR cheaper.

Edited by danii

AS LONG TERM COLLABORATIONS, THE 11BYBBS X SALOMON COLLECTION OFFERS A SOLID SUMMER COLLECTION IN FULL WHITE/ECRU AND FULL BLACK, BUILT WITH SOFT FABRICS, A SEE-THROUGH RIPSTOP AND TRANSLUCENT SOLE PARTS. iT’S MANDATORY TO HIGHLIGHT AN ASYMMETRICAL NEW STYLE, A LOW/MID SILHOUETTE VERSION OF THE BAMBA2.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 16.02.05.png

the 11bybbs.com website is pretty informative regarding future drops.

tumblr_osklksr7tt1qzx74yo4_1280.jpg

Edited by danii

For those who slept on the SALOMON x 11BY BBS BAMBA 2, lindelepalais still has a few black ones (http://www.lindelepalais.com/en-US/product/87478) - best of all, they're running a 30% discount with code "SINGLE17" (valid until Nov.12th). Just got myself a pair, too (even though I would have preferred the blue dyed version)

(*update: apparently the code doesn't work for some people, so it might be a region-limited promotion or maybe you need an account subscribed to the newsletter.)

Edited by eyesolation

1 hour ago, eloq said:

Anyone know how much the dirty white bamba 2 retailed for or where I can get one? Can’t find it anywhere..:( Cept on grailed but think he priced it over retail?

You're looking at around 600-700 USD I believe for the bamba 2, regardless of color. That color however is now hard to find, same goes with the blueish one.

2 hours ago, kraak said:

Just got mine, ordered a 44 2/3 and I'd say they fit tts. I'm usually a 10.5/44.5 in Nike.

Tried them on today and I'd say personally .5 down. Usually wear size 9 in most.

Tried a 42 2/3 (9) and a 41 1/3 (8),

42 (8.5) is perfect.

Just watch how some sites are labelling the US/Euro sizing.

IMG_4708.thumb.JPG.7d19772a62d70b4b0196d1af6e97dc9a.JPGIMG_4711.thumb.JPG.f0177079abeaa80991bfd3ed538d22e7.JPG

7 hours ago, StolenBread said:

You're looking at around 600-700 USD I believe for the bamba 2, regardless of color. That color however is now hard to find, same goes with the blueish one.

Black dyed pair was retailing for just under 600 at the BBS store in NY with the all black, black/white were about $50 cheaper?

Ssense had them for around $650 US.

Edited by Tilore

2 hours ago, emenel said:

@Tilore With the Jungle Boots, did you get a sense of how they might hold up and function in a Toronto winter? 

Haha I’m also interested in this and got them for that purpose soooo will be back with an updated review? Seemed sturdy enough with a rugged outsole not always a fan of a suede / nubuck upper for winter but they’re gonna get beat regardless

26 minutes ago, Tilore said:

Haha I’m also interested in this and got them for that purpose soooo will be back with an updated review? Seemed sturdy enough with a rugged outsole not always a fan of a suede / nubuck upper for winter but they’re gonna get beat regardless

Indeed. Suede can be ok, but you need to really keep up the protector spray treatments. 

Are they insulated at all? Decent waterproofing?

we may end up as boot twins, if I see you around I’ll nod discreetly.