116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

On 2017-02-28 at 5:09 AM, SuE said:

Great! Now tell us you're going to get a second pair to alternate daily, or at least stick some cedar shoe trees in your pair, right? ;)

Actually planning to get the non Gore-Tex version for summer's dry days, so, kinda/sorta.

And thank you for reminding me that I need to buy shoe trees.

On 08/01/2017 at 2:24 AM, misanthropod said:

I've been living in these since the snow started flying. Arcteryx Acrux SL GORE-Tex. Very good adhesion on everything but wet polished marble.

How did you size these? 'true' to your Nike size? (which for me is usually +0.5 my 'true' 'true' size) or the foot length scale on the Arc website? or...? I'm nowhere near a stockist.  Cheers.

Edited by deadbilly

On 3/7/2017 at 9:37 AM, Majotaur said:

Another amazing sock dart mod,  this time with HK snap hooks  (courtesy of Eske Schiralli, @es._.ke) 

Screenshot_20170307-152732.png

I'm sure going to be in the minority here, and this is no slight on eske, but the sling hook clips feel really contrived on footwear. Much respect either way for the innovative and different approach.

I understand the upper but that sole takes me back some 20 years and seeing the airbag reminds me of stripper shoes !! ((so I'm told)) 

I can certainly understand why so many like the air max, I've never been fond however.

But it's all down to personal taste and there is no right or wrong.

Thats actually pretty interesting/funny.
Stripper shoes, as in something like these?
Clear-Stripper-Heels.jpg

I can see the resemblance :D

I feel that the Air Max 97s are definetely the sleekest of the Air Max's out there. The minimzed swoosh, along with the sleek design and aero(aqua)dynamic shape reminds me of some sort of predator. Actually the looks reminds me of some type of shark.
Besides the previously posted CVS-model, my favorites are of the VT-model, which is thermo-molded and therefore seamless:
d0e31e1683af2d08517ae12567c5f383.jpg

745305.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up some of these and I'm loving them so far: http://www.palladiumboots.com/pampatech-hi-txn-75339-060-mI

Instagram pic (not mine):

I had a pair of similar converse for a bit, but I think the upper was cotton (!) with a floppy neoprene tongue (!!), and the dark gray faded to a light pinkish gray in a matter of months. No bueno, but they looked cool and were supposedly made of technical fabrics. Avoid at all costs: https://secure-store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/converse-chuck-ii-waterproof-shield-canvas-unisex-boot/pid-11215908/pgid-11593198

The only thing I liked better on the converse is the use of reflective paracord lacing, whereas the Palladium sneakerboots just use flat cotton-elastic laces that are fine, but nothing to write home about.

Edited by christianbundy
more info