116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

On 27 januari 2017 at 0:19 PM, scamster said:

copped too but in the black/sail and agreed they definitely run small.

must stop buying black footwear but can't help myself, may also try copping the sequoia.

I know the feeling, I keep on buying black shoes... I just can't get on with most shoes with colours, but then I really don't need more black shoes haha. 

I'm in NYC this week and went to Kith. Bough the Nike x Stone Island Sock Darts in black after trying them on... wasn't sure by the pictures online when when I put them on I loved them. Just shows that you have to really put it on before you know for sure... I saw that @TEKsevenZERO didn't love them after trying them on, I had the opposite.. probably never would have ordered based on pics alone. 

12 minutes ago, Sike said:

Any opinions on the SFB 6" field or leather? I think I'm into how understated they are, but wondering if it's a waste to walk around on concrete in them.

sfb-field-6-mens-boot.jpg

14681901_1492957374053089_61101908458002

They're good, they're insulated though, so with higher temperatures you'll have hot feet.

Concrete is great, it's the linoleum or any wet synthetic surfaces that suck... they're one of my favorite models, makes them frustrating to wear in winter/spring which is when you would WANT to wear them :(

13 hours ago, jbob24 said:

Concrete is great, it's the linoleum or any wet synthetic surfaces that suck... they're one of my favorite models, makes them frustrating to wear in winter/spring which is when you would WANT to wear them :(

are y'all talking about the field or the leather? I posted two different shoes, should have made that more clear

Edit: I guess they're basically the same

Edited by Sike

23 hours ago, Sike said:

Any opinions on the SFB 6" field or leather? I think I'm into how understated they are, but wondering if it's a waste to walk around on concrete in them.

I have the SFB Field 6".  Awesome boots.  Originally bought them for hiking.. very durable and a ton of grip.  Water repellent and dries super quick.  Been wearing them pretty much every day since the rain started here in the bay area.  All around great pair of boots imo and they go really well with techwear stee.  I wish it had a side zip so you can just put them on and take em off without having to deal with the laces.

1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

I have the SFB Field 6".  Awesome boots.  Originally bought them for hiking.. very durable and a ton of grip.  Water repellent and dries super quick.  Been wearing them pretty much every day since the rain started here in the bay area.  All around great pair of boots imo and they go really well with techwear stee.  I wish it had a side zip so you can just put them on and take em off without having to deal with the laces.

fit pics please because I might pick it up soon since its heavily discounted where I am

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-01-07 at 10:24 AM, misanthropod said:

I've been living in these since the snow started flying. Arcteryx Acrux SL GORE-Tex. Very good adhesion on everything but wet polished marble.

IMG_1993.PNG

Olright.  Becaise someone had asked, backchannel... After roughly four months of daily wear, these have finally developed that uniquely sharp, shrill GORE-Tex shoe smell.  Like if Chanel distilled chickadee urine for bottling as scent.

Just finished soaking them in Campsuds for a half-hour, followed by 5 or 6 hot freshwater rinses.  Hanging to drip dry.  Will report olfactory results.

11 minutes ago, misanthropod said:

The Campsuds treatment seems to have killed the pong in my Acruxes.  Not what I'd use on a Gore-Tex shell, but these shoes are mostly solid plastic where it matters.  They took about 36 hours to dry, indoors over a baseboard heater.

Great! Now tell us you're going to get a second pair to alternate daily, or at least stick some cedar shoe trees in your pair, right? ;)