116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

Hard to say, because I have circulation issues in my feet due to old frostbite issues. My feet are always sweaty blocks of ice under 20°C. But in these things, marching around in heavy rain and through light snowfall and slush puddles, my socks haven't gotten wetter than usual. At all. That's my yardstick.

10 hours ago, misanthropod said:

Hard to say, because I have circulation issues in my feet due to old frostbite issues. My feet are always sweaty blocks of ice under 20°C. But in these things, marching around in heavy rain and through light snowfall and slush puddles, my socks haven't gotten wetter than usual. At all. That's my yardstick.

Since the model you mentioned doesn't feature the removable liner, have you had any experience with throwing the shoes into the washing machine yet? (Since thats probably somethign I'd have to do)

On 10/3/2016 at 1:41 PM, Azhe said:

Was this on pavement/concrete? Previous sfbs were notorious for a slippery death in wet smooth surfaces. Shit even my y3 qasas had more grip in the rain

The olive Nikelab Chukkas (the ones with DWR) had the earlier SFB sole and they are indeed lethal on smooth wet floors. Aquaplane instantly. Same for the pair of actual SFBs i have.

Hello All,

Thought I'd jump in here with my current rota

Nike Sock Dart               Nike-Sock-Dart-SE-Black-White-03.jpg

Nike Magista Flyknit     nike-air-footscape-flyknit-black-grey-vo

Casbia Vetta                 Casbia-Vetta-5.jpg

Nike Footscape Woven Nike-Footscape-Line-Black-3.jpg

Ronnie Fieg COA Discs Ronnie-Fieg-x-PUMA-Disc-Blaze-Coat-of-Ar

Jordan Futures               Jordan-Future-Baroque-Brown-White-5.jpg

These last ones go well with the wideboy RAF ACR pants really well, same with the casbias. But tbh anything looks good with ACR pants.

Other mentions are pretty much whats already in here Y3 Qasa Hi's, Y3 QR Boost's etc etc

I see you Dani posting them Balenciaga's gunna try pick up a pair of those for sure cause the sole on those is mad.

40 minutes ago, uHntr said:

stone-island-nikelab-sock-dart-premium-r

Think the Sequoia(?) color looks alot better than the all black, that being said still a bit of a letdown

1 hour ago, lesteel said:

stone-island-nikelab-sock-dart-premium-rDisappointment for me

I'm hoping they look a little better in real life and the lighting isn't doing them justice.

Kinda disappointed at the moment but I'll see what they look like hands on

Screen-Shot-2016-07-01-at-11.04.53-1-680

Y-3 Noci Low. Another shoe from the Y-3 SS/17 collection. If you don't know yet the drops are gonna be divided into different visions of the future, of which "Future Perfect" has been released. And the other "futures" or drops will release later.

This is a really unique silhuette, and it fits the techwear vibe really well imo. Most likely gonna cop these bad boys.

Spring soon, so that means it's time to pull out the lightweight stuff. 

Us1sBRw.jpg

First up is the Flyknit Racer in Black / Anthracite. Note that the Flyknit upper is actually slightly grey. Makes the shoe a little bit more interesting upon closer inspection. 

The Racers are part of Nike's flagship running lineup. They're extremely lightweight, come in a variety of colors, and are really designed for one thing in mind: Running to win. Much like a pair of Pirelli P Zero tires for your GT3RS, these shoes suffer from longevity issues- The flyknit wears out, and from my experience, the upper is prone to breakage. I did an exchange with Nike for a pair after I blew out the toebox, after about 4 months of constant wear. But, that doesn't mean I don't like them. They're responsive, light, and great for sport or everyday wear. The triple black seems to fit in with techninja styling and the shoe offers the latest and greatest in shoe technology. I almost prefer these to my Ultra Boosts. 

Second. Nike Sock Dart

yw74ujO.jpg

The Sock Dart comes from a time when Nike was doing a lot of strange things. The Sock Dart is one of those strange things. I personally love the design of the Sock Dart. It comes in a variety of textiles and colorways, but retains a unique shape that is an artifact of the early 2000s. The upper is one of the first uses of a digitally knitted upper, and is sort of the pioneer shoe of the current iteration of Flyknit. The silicone strap is also the other stand out feature. This colorway reminds me of the earth tones I see around Arizona. (The sole is substantially tanner than my photo.)

While I like the Sock Dart, it's cumbersome to get on, and the front tongue doesn't play well with my anterior ankle. (As seen in the photo from the bunching of the tongue) Plus I don't really know if other people will get it, or they merely think I can't tie my shoes. 

I'm considering purchasing the Stone Island Sock Dart collaboration. While I don't really have a need for the apparent waterproofing or the aggressive styling, it would be an interesting addition to the collection, as a reference. 

I'm really liking what Nike is doing these days with their collaborations and technical shoe designs. It may not be Boost or 3D printed, but they are wearable, comfortable, and have a great future / techwear look to them. I hope we see more ACR or Stone Island collaborations down the line.  

Edited by limeaide