116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

so I returned the SISP sneakers and I got another pair in a size that fits me but I was devastated to find that when they arrived the pull tab on one of the shoes was partially destroyed T____T

QLRbjVc.jpg

does anyone have a recommendation for what to do about this? I can always return them and get a full refund but I'd really just prefer having these damn shoes. IDK if there is any hope for repairing them though

If this happened to me i would cut them both out completely and just burn out the ends. Now if you arent crazy enough to do this i would just return them.

I broke the tab at the same place, it's a weak spot on otherwise very well-made shoe. It's really easy to repair/stitch and will look good as ne.

This is what I was hoping to hear, did you get it repaired professionally then?

have it replaced with milspec webbing, will look and work better

lol I wish there was an AOKU SURPLUS OUTPUT pop-up in NYC so I can find out what these would look like with the Dani treatment

This is what I was hoping to hear, did you get it repaired professionally then?

Nah, my mom stitched it. :D Anyone with some practice and a sewing machine can do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered immediately  :)

Looks nice. Please share some pics in good light when you receive them! Should be an interesting comparison to the high tops I have. 

Anyway, been on a bit of an Adidas tangent and was able to score some Ultra Boosts in LTD/Chalk/Grey/Cream. While not designed with a techwear angle, it's definitely a forward shoe and represents some of the finest R&D Adidas has to offer.

Upper is constructed with a hybrid Primeknit-type Wool upper and some other mesh fabric composites. Hard to describe, but exceedingly well built. Big fan. The LTD versions differ from the originals in that it uses a Wool knit rather than a standard material. (My knowledge is thin here, so take it with a grain of salt.) 

After doing some real-world use, I've found the shoes to have excellent stability and comfort, and I'm liking the minimal colorway as well. In certain light it looks like the Kanye-famous all-white colorway, but more often then not, it's usually still grey. (And looks better IMO)

Quick pic:

py2cdus.jpg

I'm also considering a pair of 1.0s from Nike.. I have one of the first ones in the Black/Gum/Purple colorway, but they're getting dingy and want to get another as one to hold on to or use in the future. Thoughts on this CW?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/free-trainer-1-training-shoe/pid-10949867/pgid-11296443

Edited by limeaide

the 3WHT qasa works for me colorwise, but they changed the material to stiffer one, which is really annoying to break in if you have hobit feet. if l was asked to buy them again l would pass because of the material and pricetag. l'd rather grap another pair of superstar slipons, it's not qasa but they are comfortable as hell and cost 4 times less. (women sizes)

adidas-superstar-wmns-slip-on-940x540.jp

ha ha no hobbit feet but they are pretty wide, a shame about the material change may see if I can locate a pair in store and take a look and see how they are before laying down the lolly. has the material changed for the black with white soles too?

thanks for the recommendation on the superstars but will pass on those, used to wear them a lot when a little younger and just basically gone off them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...