116740 APPROVED SHOES

danii

dani is the man  B) My size just randomly popped today in last size. I can proxy sizes

• 44 â…”
  • 46 â…”
  • 47 â…“ 

(187e + shipping from here is like 35e)

Edited by lesteel

Here's some photos I took of my ACG Lupinek SFB. While the shoe's colorway is a bit polarizing (lunarcore, anyone?) the construction is top-notch, and combines an extended flyknit and leather upper with an SFB sole. The shoes come with a leather pouch of additional aglets, should you want to color match or replace them. There's also a pair of slightly thicker laces with standard plastic aglets rather than the fancy screw-on ones. I recommend using Loctite for the aglets. The shoe is comfortable, but runs a bit large. I'm a size 11, I would probably go for a 10.5 if you like a tighter fit. I haven't gotten any real use with the ACGs, (seeing as it's 83 out right now) but I hope to in the future. 

wSCnI0g.jpg?1

usHBdM8.jpg?1

3fLMI5p.jpg?1

MWFb7DY.jpg?1

hk2Zq5e.jpg?1

Sj8nr2P.jpg?1

Sorry if the photos are too big. 

Edited by limeaide

Great pics, they're an awesome pair of shoes. I picked up the black pair, they're very comfortable in lower temps. They start getting cold in accumulated snow but otherwise are fine down to zero(F) for me :)

Absolutely on the money about sizing down, they fit like all the other Nike chukkas of late. I didn't like the insoles that came in mine, they were very uncomfortable but that was easily remedied.

I like them and would recommend to anybody who likes an aggressive shoe, but try to find them on sale. Much more reasonable @ the <$200 price point. (I paid full retail and they don't feel worth it)

grabbed the SISP slip on boots from Haven. I usually wear 8.5, got them in 41. They are slightly large in thick wool socks but definitely a size too big in regular socks. Recommend sizing down a half size! I'm trying to exchange them...

But in the meantime, documentation because these are dope shoes

ndLKAV6.jpg

NgFC0qN.jpg

CtyiIGq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Snagged some Y-3 Qasas from one of the more recent lineups.. Not sure if it's S/S 16 or F/W 15. 

Anyhow, the shoe itself is quality. It's an interesting neoprene-like (Lycra) upper with a much cushier (still fairly solid compared to the Boost sole) sole than the standard tubular shoes. It has leather accents along the toe and heel of the shoe, and the elastic banding over the upper of the shoe provides an interesting sock-like feeling when worn. However, while the shoe looks good for running and other cyberpunk-espionage, this is far from a performance shoe like the Lupineks I showed earlier in the thread. There's even a small note in the box that says you shouldn't treat them like a standard Adidas shoe. But, if you're dropping 400+ dollars on a pair, you're going to treat them like gold. Qasas run a tad big, and probably should have snagged a 10.5 instead of an 11(US), but I'm glad I went bigger instead of smaller. (Try them on before you buy..) 

One other note is that they get warm. Here in the southwest (86ish today) walking around, my feet were getting pretty sweaty. I don't recommend these for everyday wear in the summer. I'm keeping mine for special occasions only. 

Side note, shoes came with 2 dust bags. Pretty neat. 

If anyone wants a photo of something specific, let me know. 

LzWNKPp.jpg

Bma9OaO.jpg

Edited by limeaide

no idea about the new ones but the original tubular runner is way worse than qasa. l ordered the size? wht ones back in the day (l was wearing qasas daily for few months) and had to return the tubs because it was so uncomfortable compared to the qasa.

need to say that the wht qasas feel stiffer than the blk/wht(2nd release)

Edited by danii

Qasas are a triumph of form over function. The shoe is very misbalanced, it's heavy, it's sweaty, and the laces really don't do anything.

They wear out quickly also.

For 400 bucks at this point, you can get a lot better shoes, or put it towards the purchase of something better. 

I'll stick with Nike Flyknit stuff or Reebok Furys. 

(For the record, I have two pairs of Qasas)

Is the sole really better than on tubular? I cant imagine it being any worse

It's a little softer than the original Tubular runners. Feels ok, but for reference, OG tubular runners are harder than granite. 

Qasas are a triumph of form over function. The shoe is very misbalanced, it's heavy, it's sweaty, and the laces really don't do anything.

But they're cool and that's what matters. 

Edited by limeaide

• 2 weeks later...

so I returned the SISP sneakers and I got another pair in a size that fits me but I was devastated to find that when they arrived the pull tab on one of the shoes was partially destroyed T____T

QLRbjVc.jpg

does anyone have a recommendation for what to do about this? I can always return them and get a full refund but I'd really just prefer having these damn shoes. IDK if there is any hope for repairing them though