danii

You need to work more on material/component/blank space ratios. Just the small detail that you put a 5C (or maybe 8C) zipper there makes it look too small and therefore unbalanced compared to the two bold tecsys stripes and the size of the bag. It sounds like a small detail but it's the key skill of every designer, great example of wrong ratio are samhe's bags that look like 3A with a down syndrome.

Keep up the DIY!

14 minutes ago, danii said:

You need to work more on material/component/blank space ratios. Just the small detail that you put a 5C (or maybe 8C) zipper there makes it look too small and therefore unbalanced compared to the two bold tecsys stripes and the size of the bag. It sounds like a small detail but it's the key skill of every designer, great example of wrong ratio are samhe's bags that look like 3A with a down syndrome.

Keep up the DIY!

Thanks for the feedback, dude. So, like a more pronounced zipper vs the 8c to balance with the tecsys? Good things to take into consideration on the next build. 

yeah, but also have a look at the gap between the zipper/tecsys and tecsys/tecsys, the fact taht you made it bigger next to a zipper makes it look even smaller. I know this might sound like a cliche or very vague suggestion but have a look at golden ratio and try to apply it on your creations.

27 minutes ago, danii said:

yeah, but also have a look at the gap between the zipper/tecsys and tecsys/tecsys, the fact taht you made it bigger next to a zipper makes it look even smaller. I know this might sound like a cliche or very vague suggestion but have a look at golden ratio and try to apply it on your creations.

Ohh, yeah I see what you're saying. Good lookin out

3 hours ago, danii said:

... great example of wrong ratio are samhe's bags that look like 3A with a down syndrome ... 

This made me laugh so hard. Samhe's bags (and everything else) go overboard. 

Edited by Goober

This is kind of off topic and kind of on topic:

I have a sweater project and I'm thinking of adding magnets for headphones(like Acronym jackets have), but how strong can the magnets be before they start messing up the headphones?

Could i get some advice on how i should go about cropping the ankles on my pair of under armour sportswear shell trousers?

I love the material on them and they have great utility/usability, however they're a little too long and would like to give them a bit more of the carrot look.

Was thinking about cutting open the cuff and pushing webbing through it, then using a cam buckle or ladderloc to keep it in place, allowing me to have the cropped or open leg depending on weather. First picture is what they are like now, second picture is the ideal look.

Any help is hugely appreciated! I'm very much a newcomer to modding my own clothing and don't want to just go about ruining trousers I already am a huge fan of.

IMG_20170524_185051.jpg

IMG_20170524_185135.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a good way to contact fernando ruinz/1000deaths? Dude has had $220 of my money for six+ months, wont respond to my (many) emails, deleted comments off his insta and blocked me on his private insta. Since it was my second order from him I sent it as a paypal gift and can't file for a refund. 

44 minutes ago, awex said:

Anyone know of a good way to contact fernando ruinz/1000deaths? Dude has had $220 of my money for six+ months, wont respond to my (many) emails, deleted comments off his insta and blocked me on his private insta. Since it was my second order from him I sent it as a paypal gift and can't file for a refund. 

that really sucks man. unfortunately there really isn't any course of action to recover gift payments... hopefully someone on here knows him personally! seems like there are a lot of other ppl who are out some cash with him as well.

8 minutes ago, danii said:

tfw you don't shell out for whoisguard

49 minutes ago, X.bee said:

There are definitely people here who know him personally. Though I doubt they care about the ethics of his business practices. Best I can say, is to spam his email.

sadly an email a week from both my personal and work addresses isn't enough to get a response 

appreciate the help everyone, I didn't mean to gum up such a positive thread with this but no where else to ask really

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm new here.
This is a MOLLE belt concept I've been working on, originally inspired by danii and 1K's designs. Pictures are just prototypes I've put together, final version will be available in these 3 colorways (and black/black) with vinyl reflective branding on the tail and inside. Will post pics of the final product soon ~

19424135_1573175682704592_5846450710477260003_n.jpg

19554228_1573175662704594_82031745459943665_n.jpg

19430011_1573176172704543_7358167358839115229_n.jpg

19429845_1573175646037929_791440820157811819_n.jpg

19420770_1573176122704548_2392988602585294343_n.jpg

19424269_1573176149371212_2996644568275594470_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 6:14 AM, danii said:

after intensive hunt and research after the ACRONYM used buckes we found out:

it's made by STOCKO/YKK group

reference no. 5230

made to order / MOQ: 30000 pieces.

MI_E34.jpg

Can't see the image, but are these ordered on their website?

On 13/06/2017 at 9:41 AM, awex said:

Been in touch w 1kman via email, if anyone else is still in the same situation as me...

Please refer anyone else you may know who hasn’t received their order to follow up to [email protected] with;
item 
date purchased 
amount 
email 
and IG if possible

Thank you for your time.

-1KCORP TEAM

Unrelatedly, I have some leftover tec-sys style webbing from a project that turned out unsuccessful. It does not look exactly like the acronym stuff: see my comparison. 200cm in one long strip dm offers if anyone wants it. 
5FUHCBr.jpg
lCCklWW.jpg

42 minutes ago, awex said:

Been in touch w 1kman via email, if anyone else is still in the same situation as me...

Unrelatedly, I have some leftover tec-sys style webbing from a project that turned out unsuccessful. It does not look exactly like the acronym stuff: see my comparison. 200cm in one long strip dm offers if anyone wants it. 
5FUHCBr.jpg
lCCklWW.jpg

I would like it!!!!! Pls!!!

22 hours ago, hdsjulian said:

Me and my best friend have been playing around with Dyneema Composite materials recently and out came a bunch of stuff we're now selling via Etsy from Germany. 

Here's the Link. https://www.etsy.com/shop/dyborg More things to follow soon! 

just wondering why you tape it first and then topstitch (penetrates the tape bond)

Hey just thought I'd share some of my own recent DIY work. Its nothing fancy, but I've been toying around with making my own belts. I know, I know, DIY belts are a dime a dozen in this thread, but I'm pretty satisfied with how this one turned out so... :)

My first few were okay by most techwear standards, but I think I've finally found the configuration that best works for me and works with all my pants across multiple brands (Arc'teryx, GG, SISP). I decided to go with this double tension-lock design. Admittedly not original, but in my opinion, the most versatile. The challenge that I was mainly trying to overcome was the fact that the belt loops on my GG Stability Joggers were too small to comfortably pass a 25mm Cobra buckle through. I could get it through there, but I was definitely placing strain on the loops each time, and I wanted to avoid that.

With this configuration, the belt effectively exists as three separate pieces. The left and right sides of the buckle, with corresponding tension-locks, and the length of the belt itself. You're able to thread the belt through any sized loops, sans the buckle, and then attach it all together at the front. The other benefit is that you can change out the length of the belt if you have additional webbing, or even change the colour of the webbing if you wanted to. 

Now, there are a few downsides to this config too, I'll admit. Since the distance between the tension-locks and the buckle is fixed, you might run into situations where the locks sit right where a loop is... which is not ideal. I'm currently thinking up a way to maybe add some adjustability to that part of the config (between buckle and lock). I measured out the loops on all my pants and then went with a length that best works with all of them.

Let me know what you guys think. Always happy to hear feedback. My sewing skills are minimal, so please don't be too harsh regarding the quality! haha

DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0528.JPG

DSC_0536.JPG

Edited by strikethrough

Circuit System C++ & C-- finalized belt designs with reflective branding details.
C++ shown in black/OD
C-- shown in olive/black

Will be taking orders for these via DM if anyone is interested.

21032311_1638504322838394_6180241794423450402_n.jpg

20953000_1638504319505061_8452889996053343187_n.jpg

20953992_1638504332838393_4575454984392837641_n.jpg

20953458_1638504336171726_38318351599920370_n.jpg

21077664_1638504372838389_4851540988668462852_n.jpg

21077547_1638504376171722_8681809174909651419_n.jpg

cs_shard_belts.png

Edited by almostradical

On 8/18/2017 at 8:20 PM, awex said:

5FUHCBr.jpg
lCCklWW.jpg

Any update with 1k?  I have been trying to get in touch with him for a while about my orders and I'm worried.  It looks like he's active on instagram again but I'm scared to continue buying anything from him.  I received a belt around a year ago that I sent back for a smaller size and haven't received anything ever since.