danii

Does anyone know where to find foil XPAC fabric like the one used in the 3A-MZ3 pouches? I checked the fabric suppliers from the first few posts and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for the assist! 

Does anybody know where I can buy 1" slotted loops like this? I'm located in North America (Canada to be exact). I saw that DownRangeGear had them but they didn't respond to my e-mail so I'm not even sure whether they're still open for business.

shapeimage_1.png

27 minutes ago, coldknife said:

Does anybody know where I can buy 1" slotted loops like this? I'm located in North America (Canada to be exact). I saw that DownRangeGear had them but they didn't respond to my e-mail so I'm not even sure whether they're still open for business.

shapeimage_1.png

http://www.hudson4supplies.com/plastic/loops/basic-no-sew-split-bar-loop-for-1-in-straps-black.html

On 3/16/2017 at 8:54 AM, mayonnaise said:

Been making my belts for a little while now, really need to make a lightbox so I can take none-shitty pics..
Currently working on a new version with Fidlock's magnetic slide buckle also

belt.jpg

belt1.jpg

belt3.jpg

What's the lead time on these—8 months? 

Hey guys, just wondering - what material do you guys use for piping? I've been looking at my 3A-1 and noticed that the piping frays after awhile, is there anything that you guys use that won't fray as much but has relatively the same texture?

On 3/29/2017 at 8:14 AM, coldknife said:

Hey guys, just wondering - what material do you guys use for piping? I've been looking at my 3A-1 and noticed that the piping frays after awhile, is there anything that you guys use that won't fray as much but has relatively the same texture?

you are probably refering to "edgebinding". Look at sailrite they have quite a selection, or grossgrain ribbon from extextil.

On 4/8/2017 at 3:25 PM, two4i6 said:

Trying to make the ACR buckle by 3d printing. 3D printed this out of silver. tried to make earrings with a jewelry designer but ended up turning it into a zipper pull

keep us updated! 3d artist myself. a designer i know makes leather rope knot necklaces (2nd image). this is just a small version i 3d printed in silver. was supposed to be an earring but turned into zipper pull. 

Photo Apr 14, 2 14 42 PM.jpg

knotnecklace.jpg

aside from the obvious damage it would cause to anything and everything around it, the resources used in both time and expenses would much exceed getting a like-for-like zipper in black and having it replaced by a semi-pro.

sorry :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 0:36 PM, zork said:

Does anyone know where to find foil XPAC fabric like the one used in the 3A-MZ3 pouches? I checked the fabric suppliers from the first few posts and couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for the assist! 

Cascade Craftworks used to have X21 RC

Edited by hiei

14 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

we definitely want this are you creating any more any time soon?

Thanks, yeah I'm putting together another test bag right now and one for a buddy out of actual x-pac. I wanna lock down a solid design and style for it before I actually start producing them for other people.

Alright, Just finished up my buddy's bag.

Getting closer to what I want this bag to be.

3gb-ms 001
•X-PAC VX-21 & VS-75
•Milspec Nylon Tecsys
•YKK water resistant zip
•Milspec QLQR strap
•GT Cobra Buckle

bag-angles.jpg

Edited by crkdsaint
forgot info

15 hours ago, chris_n said:

it's tight you're making things and all, no hate but: u got it closer to what u want it to be aka: a 3a-3ts?

Haha nah it's fine. Kind of, yeah, I've changed up a little on the body and the inside, still deciding on how I want the front exactly, and I haven't gotten the bottom 100% right yet

20 minutes ago, crkdsaint said:

Haha nah it's fine. Kind of, yeah, I've changed up a little on the body and the inside, still deciding on how I want the front exactly, and I haven't gotten the bottom 100% right yet

Copying to learn is a great way to come up with your own ideas. Hopefully when you start selling these the design is more your own! Keep it up