danii

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_ogdhxg6RoB1rrxgwbo1_1280.jpg

161600 PATCH GLOVES CUSTOMIZATION:

[01] get stick-on velcro loop, width 25mm (1''). / they come with every 161600 patch sold at Î›OKUWARE.storefront

[02] stick 80mm (3.1'') of the loop part right above your knucles, try to align with seams on your gloves

[0o] OPTIONAL: handstitch the velcro to the gloves for more secure fit

[03] place patch of your choice

GEAR PICTURED: drkshdw bomber jacket/maharishi cargo/fox racing sidewinder gloves/aoku 161602+161608 patches

AOKU 161600 patches are available only till the end of 2016. 

• 1 month later...

shemag.jpg

AOKU 190807 is 110cm x 110cm DUAL FABRIC SHEMAG. It's composed from two triangles, STOTZ ETAPROOF (aka -S) and POLARTEC WINDPRO. When worn correctly, the waterproof eta fabric on the outside protects from wet weather, windpro on the inside is guaranteed to keep you warm. Diagonal seam is reinforced with grossgrain ribbon, which holds the funnel neck look and serves as simple locking mechanism.

There is single black on black logo tag on the left side. 

Available on the day of Raichu this december in AOKU STOREFRONT. More pics soon on my social media accounts.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, dsxero said:

This DIY was planned awhile back not maybe 4 to 5 months, but didn't have the time to get on with it until now

Thank both Kamikaze for the challenging Idea, and Jbob for shipping me his precious J36GT for this experiment.

I will not disclose any sources

Enjoy All!

Hide contents

J1a_C in 2 weeks maybe.... hope I got the time. Sorry JBob I am keeping this  J.K

Great craftsmanship here, very impressive stuff. Would love to see more original customizations in the future, maybe it's just me but I feel it is a bit of a disservice (to the original designer) to essentially recreate the expansion panel of the J43A-GT and add it onto other jackets? I can understand that you take on some of these projects as practice for your own cutting/sewing skills etc. but it would be cool to see some of your own designs (or ideas for customizing garments) come to life!

Either way, keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing how the J1A-C turns out. 

Edited by chaosen

IMG_2275.jpg

061608 PROTOTYPE 2.0: 2 compartments, bigger 3D pocket and smaller flat pocket attached with a hinge mechanism for easier access without bending your spine/swinging your bag around. Tec-sys webbing all over for attaching it to bags and to attach more pouches to it. Made and lined with matte black X-PAC fabric. 

Have an E-J23 (RAF) that I want to mod since I have to fix it anyways (due to another issue... so I might as well go all in!).

I want to make one of the sleeves (just half of it) detachable, so I can freely choose to give the jacket a similar look to the J36-GT (RAF) when I want to.

Thinking of an effective solution that wouldn't be too costly to implement... any recommendations? I'm thinking of adding snap button holes to the inner part of the edge of the half-sleeve (attached to the jacket), and snap buttons to the outside of the detachable half-sleeve (separated from the jacket). I'm thinking I may have to sew on additional fabric to the detachable half-sleeve and then add the snap buttons to make sure the length of the entire sleeve isn't altered when I put it together.

Can anyone think of an easier solution that's just as effective?

1- Sell it and buy a different jacket?

2- just cut the sleeves off and have a dope ass vest B)

3-buy a BLACK e-j23 in the same size and swap out the halves, so you have 2 half black, half raf j23! Share one with a friend  :o

Edited by jbob24

1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

Holy shit they sold out fast. Will you be doing another run on them Dani? Awesome piece btw!

hey they havent been released yet. there is just this production sample. don't worry they will drop (again)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, i'm looking to modify a bag in my spare time, but i'm having trouble finding stockists that will ship to Australia. Mainly looking for some hardware, webbing, waterproofed zippers and preferably xpac fabric. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

does anyone know if there is a place I can purchase these quick release fasteners that ACR uses in a quantity <10 that ships to US? I need 2-3 for a small project I am doing, but the only place I have found that has anything similar is here: http://www.fun-fabric.de/halli.php?020113_21255__Kurzwaren-Kleinteile---Zubehoer-besondere-Verschluesse-Taschen-Verschluss 

however, they only ship that product within the EU. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

F4BBDBE6-AD90-444C-96B3-7E88E952ABB7-5592-000003E113539B25_tmp.png

3 hours ago, batmanmovies said:

Hi guys,

does anyone know if there is a place I can purchase these quick release fasteners that ACR uses in a quantity <10 that ships to US? I need 2-3 for a small project I am doing, but the only place I have found that has anything similar is here: http://www.fun-fabric.de/halli.php?020113_21255__Kurzwaren-Kleinteile---Zubehoer-besondere-Verschluesse-Taschen-Verschluss 

however, they only ship that product within the EU. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

F4BBDBE6-AD90-444C-96B3-7E88E952ABB7-5592-000003E113539B25_tmp.png

I'm sure someone here can EU-proxy for you (actually, there was someone who offered in the Acronym thread).

On that note, I'd like a few to mod some stuff I have. If anyone can proxy, please message me as well.