danii

• 2 weeks later...

as anyone sewn tyvek? How is it to work with? My intentions are to make a couple small pouches / folios. Maybe a tote. 

Im a bit of a materials newb, if I was to experiment and  make a tote, what would be a affordable material to get started on? Something that can withstand some rain.

Rip stop nylon? 

Application intent would be grocery bag / daily junk sack. 

Does anyone have any inspo on tech totes?

Edited by EG562

as anyone sewn tyvek? How is it to work with? My intentions are to make a couple small pouches / folios. Maybe a tote. 

Im a bit of a materials newb, if I was to experiment and  make a tote, what would be a affordable material to get started on? Something that can withstand some rain.

Rip stop nylon? 

Application intent would be grocery bag / daily junk sack. 

Does anyone have any inspo on tech totes?

The SD Traveller stuff could be good. It's very basic, but made from cuben fiber and some lined with RF shielding

http://sdrtraveller.com/collections/pouches

one of my artdirectors has exactly what you are looking for. it's portfolio, ring bound on one side, velcro closing flap on the other with tote bag handles. made from tyvek (hard one / not the ueg one). l guess its no different to sewing paper.

After talking to Danii for abit I got convinced to post something that I finished not too long ago. (Full time Lurker here)

• (CP1 / Grid Gaiter) constructed and put together by me.
  • Objective: was to refine / add on anything that I believed could have been possible on the CP1.
  • Materials used can be found on the first post.
  • Reference are all used from google search because
  • I do not own the CP1
  • I took up sewing a year ago in a casual self-taught manner
  • Overall I hope to encourage a few to go make something

logoy_zps3cjuacbd.jpg

(Thanks for the _Coded font suggestion Danii)

Untitled-3_zpsdv5lcckx.jpg

Overview

_ CP1 can be worn in 3 different adjustments to adapt with layering underneath the cloak to unrestricted motion.

(Worn in 1st adjustment (Closest to the body) Sorry did not have photos with more layering.

Untitled-2_zpssxhzmfft.jpg

_ Gaiter mode added: Velcro adjustment for fit

_Additional labeling and Sound Force Lock can be added

( I tried to add a hood at first and did not turn out so well so I scrapped it and done this instead)

Untitled-4_zpsldlfs1w3.jpg

_Mil Spec Webbing masked around the interope to strengthen it and to keep it's structure straight.

(to stop it from flapping around so much when moving the bag infront and the back.)

_D Ring added to make separation and closure of interope with ease.

(It just seems easier to  have a hold on it. to keep the flow of unzip / zip  steady using (one hand to keep the garment straight as you unzip it.)

_ A Pocket can be located to the right side to the all other accessories (Gaiter/ Gloves/ etc)

(Who does not like pockets right?

Things I wanted to add but unsure of

_ an additional pocket on the right chest

_ add a Interope on left side

_ add a Pocket at the center like the J36

Edited by dsxero

• 2 weeks later...

AOKU:202004 (TROUSER TENSION DEVICE)

aka belt MK–1 "NEED-NEW-BELT-FAST"

I was never fan of the heavy standard issue cobra belt because it's heavy and installation more painful than Windows 3.11 to NT upgrade. I made myself a 40mm webbing belt with simple plastic buckle, patch array, D-ring and tonal reflective parts. Currently being tested for ultimate user experience, before product launch at AOKU SURPLUS OUTPUT STORE.

1.JPG

FIG_01: Device overview / Patch holding D-Ring used for power tightening of the belt

2.JPG

FIG_2: Patch [item#:161607] removed

3.JPG

FIG_3: Reflective Seam hider [FLASH-ON]

4.jpg

FIG_4: Installed

––––STAY TUNED®

(mods: will upgrade to superartisan when the store is ready, I hope teasing is ok when I am not making any money)