Double Denim ....

Flash

Wouldn't this just be a Canadian tuxedo? Or do I need to be triple denim with a denim shirt under the jacket? 

I've posted these before in other areas of the forum, but I think it's a good look. I just wish I could wear my jacket more often so I could break it in. I think the two pictures are over a year apart... maybe two years. 

pwQD8HIl.jpg

9SlWy6nl.jpg

Good idea Flash!

Geeman, what jacket is that and what are the shoes in the top photo?

The jacket is JMC lot 924 and the shoes are clarks originals Beckery Hill.

Iron Horse, that dog certainly appreciates double denim...

great idea for a topic. flash that orslow wrangler-ish jacket is the bees knees, looks absolutely great, i'd go for something like that when i'll need to retire my tcb 50's.

today's triple denim + tweed waistcoat (and a denim cap not included in the picture!)

F59B9647-64C8-454D-8D49-D2EB0A85F91B_zps

a couple days ago

5128677C-F103-4E6D-83FF-3201B2009949_zps

i love the canadian tux look and I think it's really well played when different shades of indigo are combined together. from a denim aficionado POV i like as well the all dark denim outfit but generally i think it looks way cooler when there's a bit of variation in colours and/or textures of different denims.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Fun stuff Flash, and good to see a few different get ups with something so simple as double denim.

Don't have anything recent to contribute with, but I'm pretty much rocking it every day.

Here's one in triple denim from earlier this year:

21044420761_7ffa951fa6_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, maybe off topic, but i was wondering what is  the proper etiquette for sleeve length of any jackets?  in particular denim jackets.  a few of my friends say if you have your sleeves come at the wrist they say this looks a bit too short.  the way to rock the sleeves properly is when they rest right above the first knuckle of the thumb.  i know you should wear whatever length you feel comfortable with.  

^

IMO, it depends on the type [1, 2, or 3] & cut, i.e., repro or modified ... 'not really into Leepro jackets, btw.

Repros, for instance, on type 1 & 2__ since the cut is more generous, I'd like to size down if I can [ie, depending on the model/brand], to reign in the material just a little bit for a better body drape=> w/c meant shorter sleeves. But, i can get away w/ cuffs hovering by or below the wrist for that iconic [Tom Waits] who-gives-a-fuck steez ;) . Also, makes for a good cuff-layering

Type3, modified 1&2, & Trucker__ I always like them w/ longer sleeves [slightly above the knuckles] to get a leaner, longer, austere look.

Edited by BrownMetallic

i have always liked to have my sleeves touching my wrists.  i am not used to having the sleeves touching above the first knuckle of the thumb.  i guess it's a matter of getting used to this position.  i have the tcb 50 jeans jacket.  the end of the sleeves touches right at the first thumb knuckle.  this bothered the shit out of me but you get used to this after a while.  i hate cuffing the sleeves of any jackets.  i can't stand it. 

dylanbooth78 describes my subject matter.