Standard & Strange / Oakland CA / Info, Updates, Etc

mrsmiff

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Congrats mate. Great store and as I live in the UK their customer service and delivery have been nothing but exceptional. So about this employee discount you can get us…:ph34r::D

On 3/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, goodrain said:

Congrats! I don't see you winning any of their "best dressed" contests but maybe you can surprise me! (winners are usually wearing stuff like head to toe tiger camo)

I've noticed that too. Seems like the NYC crowd likes the very flashy or 'extra' stuff.

Congrats on the new gig @Jared Lee

Question for you - I'm still on the hunt for a great pair of black denim. Looking for a pretty classic cut but not really needing any repro details. You've guys got these indigofera's in stock in 29 it looks like but no measurements posted. https://standardandstrange.com/collections/indigofera/products/clint-black-gunpowder-14oz-denim?variant=41061562482861 

Vanity sizing on them looks hefty so I'm probably btwn a 28 and a 29 with how these are cut - hoping the 29 isn't too generous. Can you let me know if you can get measurements for them? Or have any recs for something similar? The mister freedoms are out because I can't deal with those frog pockets. 

@AlientoyWorkmachine I have a pair of Clint’s from Standard and Strange. Nice pair of jeans. A lot of cool details. 

I got my normal size 34, I asked and they sent me waist measurements that came up a touch smaller than what was listed on the site, which worked out for me. 

Hey @AlientoyWorkmachine, those are excellent jeans. I can definitely get you measurements on the 29 that's in stock. I'm back in Friday. If that doesn't work for you I can have someone at the shop get the measurements tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

Hey @AlientoyWorkmachine, those are excellent jeans. I can definitely get you measurements on the 29 that's in stock. I'm back in Friday. If that doesn't work for you I can have someone at the shop get the measurements tomorrow.

No rush, and thank you! 

Hey @AlientoyWorkmachine, we actually don't have the Clint here at all and unfortunately only carry Indigofera down to a size 30 at the moment. I also love the Ship John Holcomb jean, but it too is only available down to 30. Let me know if you want any measurements from the 30 we have here in the Holcomb.

Thanks @Jared_Lee Bummer to hear though! Just looked up the measurements for the ship john too big up top - just not a fan of the extra waist room.

You ever do special orders? I'm having a heck of a time finding something with a 29.5" waist and at least 11.5" thighs (or 11.75" from crotch). Looking more actually the Kirk is probably the fit that would be closest to what I'm wanting - but yea in a 28 (if they even make that size) or 29. 

• 9 months later...

@Jared_Lee can you give any more info about the black sign wide jeans? Just your impression of the denim and the cut, and if it stretches. I've got a pair of black sign cords from awhile back in 30 which are on the generous side for me (in the waist), but the wide jeans seem a little smaller - any stretch from the one wash? I'm trying to assess consistency in Black Sign's sizing, thinking if their cords in a 30 work then their jeans should too. Are the BS jeans cotton or poly construction?

I think my pair this year is going to be something wider - the FC 0105 I just can't bring myself to pay retail for and the hem seems a little narrower at my size anyways, wanting to get at least 9" 

@AlientoyWorkmachineSizing in BS is pretty consistent. I have the BS Straight in 32 and usually wear 31 in Warehouse, TCB, etc. I find that the 32 fits like a 31 and by that extension, the 30 fits more like a 29 as our measurements suggest. They stretch on the slower side, but do open up with wear. The fabric is dense, dark, even handed and a little bit hairy. The other thing about BS fits is the top block has a superior pattern to anything else like Indigofera Kirks or FC 0105. The seat and hips are shaped to be much more form fitting and flattering than the others in the wide boy camp. 

If you're considering the 0105, I have those in a 31 and they're a bit big in the waist, but no issue as the whole thing is an anti-fit. I don't think you'll find them too narrow in your size. They are good, proper, wide-leg jeans - wider than any of the '40s/'50s repros out there except maybe the SC '47.

1 minute ago, Jared_Lee said:

@AlientoyWorkmachineSizing in BS is pretty consistent. I have the BS Straight in 32 and usually wear 31 in Warehouse, TCB, etc. I find that the 32 fits like a 31 and by that extension, the 30 fits more like a 29 as our measurements suggest. They stretch on the slower side, but do open up with wear. The fabric is dense, dark, even handed and a little bit hairy. The other thing about BS fits is the top block has a superior pattern to anything else like Indigofera Kirks or FC 0105. The seat and hips are shaped to be much more form fitting and flattering than the others in the wide boy camp. 

If you're considering the 0105, I have those in a 31 and they're a bit big in the waist, but no issue as the whole thing is an anti-fit. I don't think you'll find them too narrow in your size. They are good, proper, wide-leg jeans - wider than any of the '40s/'50s repros out there except maybe the SC '47.

Thanks! Any clue if the thread construction is cotton or not? Not a dealbreaker for me but I can't tell. I have the Kirks in black - and like them but don't need all the room they have up top necessarily.