Denime 66xx World Tour

louisbosco

• 2 weeks later...

A little while ago I took delivery as they say ( = passed by the local post office to collect). I had to run out again to work a little more, but I mananged to take two photos on my way home. 

image.jpeg

The jeans safely attached for the two minute bike ride home. 

image_1.jpeg

I passed this mural portrait of Edvard Munch, the artist famous for The Scream, made by a Norwegian cartoonist who published a comic book about Munch's life a few years ago. I don't think the graffiti on the lower part is supposed to be there though. 

More to come later! 

Edited by mandel9000

Oh my, Nordic leg of tour in danger on account of ass being too fat. Hmmm. I will try to wear today, see how much they stretch and then decide. Photos to come when I look a little less like a stuffed sausage. 

I would hate to disappoint you + I had so much fun coming up with the festival, so this just has to work out. Thighs and waist fit fine, so it might. I'll keep you posted. 

Ouffff! I'm afraid it's a no go. I can barely wear the jeans, uncomfortably, and with the fear that I'll rip them if I sit down too fast or make any sudden movements. No use in prolonging this, I'll send the jeans right off to the next guy. To make up for the two weeks or so in transit I can document my life and surroundings until @SLAB (up next, right?) receives them, if only to keep the thread alive. Thoughts?

So sorry, guys!! :(  And sorry about the expensive postage too @Hendsch, although I guess it would've been the same to any European country. 

Sorry about the lack of updates the past couple of days. It has been raining so much here that I've been wearing rain gear all the time, plus it makes for a much more stressful production at the festival. The jeans were just dropped off at the post office, on the way to SLAB soon, and I will get on the promised documentation when I get back to my computer later.

hi guys

something arrived in the mail today

28854598061_478e13e9f9_b.jpg

and here they are

28854601271_68d9f51117_b.jpg

first thing that came to mind when handling them is that the denim feels quite heavy and rough compared to my current to go pair, the Real Mccoy's Lot 004. Some nice different hues of blue starting to show.

and here are the obligatory fit pictures; I will save you the sight of my love handles bungling overneath the jeans. They are actually a bit tight but nothing I can't handle for a month.

28857700491_290d49189a_b.jpg

28902238536_28072c87ef_b.jpg

28936034095_49542e25fc_b.jpg

tomorrow I'll try to snap some pictures of my little city

that's right Belgium aka absurdistan

the Denime's have settled in nicely, they still feel tight but not in a choking tight of way.

I took a few (boring) pictures of some nearby places until I have the opportunity to do a tour around the city

Our city hall (1878); nothing special but we do claim the biggest market place of Belgium and even until a decade ago the biggest of Europe.

28667372470_1f1151e677_b.jpg

28667371430_a0eb2f5ace_b.jpg

The patron saint of our city 'Sinterklaas'. He gives goodies, toys and sweets on his birthday 6 December to all the good kids. He has controversial helpers ('zwarte pieten') that cause every year a discussion about whether or not they are actually racist.

Also my two oldest kids helping out and showing off their best poses.

28667376280_69891b2af6_b.jpg

two-zwarte-piet.jpg

Behind the city hall is the most recognizable landmark of our city, the Our-Dear-Mother-Marie church (1840) with a 6 meters gilded statue of Marie and baby Jezus on top.

28334915463_a1e200e44f_b.jpg

Great to see that they arrived and that they fit so well, SLAB!

I zoned out for a minute, my computer broke down last Friday, about the same time as I dropped my phone in a portable toilet (!), and then I came down with the flu right after the festival. All good now, new phone and computer + good health, and looking forward to following the rest of the tour. Jeans look great.