Denime 66xx World Tour

louisbosco

Wow, they fit so well! Especially now that it looks like the top block has stretched out a bit more. Hope you enjoy em buddy, I'm looking forward to seeing what you get up to this month!

@Chicote they took a bit to relax, but after wearing them last night they settled right in. Super stoked on these things and I'll be sad to send them off to Norway. 

Now to convince my wife I need another pair of denim  :unsure:

Thanks all! I sure am loving this fit and I got the OK from my wife to go ahead and grab a pair...

An understanding wife!

And a good purpose for tours like these...

Sounds like you guys are on a tight leash!  ;)

Lucky for me I'm a woman and I am independent, I make my own money so don't tell me how to spend it (in the immortal words of Salt'N'Pepa).

Looking forward to my turn, and to see more of yours, @Hendsch!

Yeah! My joke aside though, prudent spending is never ever a bad thing!

(I recently spent a year and a half not buying anything except socks and underwear but that's another story. Suffice to say it was an eye-opener.)

Spending is not my strong suit, so a clear voice of reason is MUCH appreciated!

Anyway, did a mundane little dog walk this morning, and had the wife take some snaps (payback for all the times I took photos of her outfits)

fit with a uncooperative dog named Cody: 

IMG_0023_1.jpg

Elbows on my TCB are starting to show a bit of color.

IMG_0020.jpg

The wife having some fun while Charlie trys to find something to bark at 

IMG_0033_1.jpg

that's a really great fit! Love the Boston terrier as well; we'll get another Boston when we are ready for it (lost ours last year)

Update from the last 2 days: 

Spent Friday night working an event for work. I'm an Operations Manager for a tech company, so sometimes I have to promote our product to the masses. Anyway, here is myself and a few of the people who work for me.

IMG_0046.jpg

Saturday I spent the day with my wife and our adventure dog (the Boston hates most people and dogs, so he sat this one out) We went for a hike above the city in Forest Park, a HUGE wooded open space pretty much in the heart of the city.

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Topped it all off with a Beer in a park by our house, and all and all it was a great day.

IMG_0072.jpg

The marbling is starting to really show on these things! 

Next week I'm off to Vegas (Boston got canceled) for work and it looks like I'll be there at least 1 day out of the week for the next 3 weeks.... Gonna be really hard to wear these things in the Vegas heat, but I'll endure :cool:

Edited by Hendsch

Got another update! 

I flew into Vegas yesterday for work, and then promptly left that night. Basically only did airport>office>airport but I took a few snaps of from the plane, and inside both airports.

Started out the day sleeping through my alarm, so I had to scramble to make it to the airport on time (not fun) 

This is PDX, it used to have a really famous carpet, but now it's all gone.

DSCF2590.jpg

Next up, I got to spend 2 hours on the tarmac because the engine died on the plane... Forced me to push back 2 meetings, and some time to snap a pic of the Denime's 

DSCF2595.jpg

Up in the air I got a few snaps of Mount Hood (Sorry for the B&W, plane windows have a way of destorting color)

DSCF2606.jpg

And a shot over the desert

DSCF2623.jpg

And lastly a quick shot of the pants.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

I'll be back in Vegas next week, but this time I'm gonna stay, so I'll make that update a bit more exciting!

Got another update! Spent the 4th of July deep in the Oregon Cascades and gave the Denime's a proper beating.

Started the day with a long 8-mile drive in on mostly dirt roads:

DSCF2714.jpg

Mount Hood peaking out in the distance: 

DSCF2729.jpgRight before the 2 mile hike in. I choose a lake with no trails to it so we could have the place to ourselves, what I did not plan for was the 1/2 mile of Rodedendrine bushes that we had to bushwack through.

DSCF2700.jpgDSCF2675.jpg

Cottonwood Meadow Lake:

DSCF2673.jpg

This trip was also an experiment with our Boston Terrier. He has a ton of anxiety issues so this was the first time he has ever gone camping... He did all right:

DSCF2689.jpg

Had to have a time out to calm down and left the tent like this:

DSCF2656.jpg

Adventure dog Cody, who is no stranger to camping:

DSCF2671.jpgDinner time:DSCF2665.jpgDSCF2640.jpg

Bunch of aging punks:DSCF2708.jpg

Next up is a flight back to Vegas for 2 days... My life is pretty crazy these days.

Edited by Hendsch

I'm currently in Vegas working, but thought I'd give another update:

Fades coming along nicely, although a bit darker IRL.

DSCF2776.jpg

DSCF2778.jpgDSCF2780.jpg

Downtown Vegas is much more my cup of tea than the strip is: 

DSCF2775.jpg

I'll be back here next week, then I should probably start the process of getting these off to Mandel!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright here they are after their final wash on my leg, that last wash really made them pop!

DSCF2800.jpg

Some hints of combs poping through:

DSCF2801.jpg

Favourite detail are the fades coming off of the pockets:

DSCF2793.jpg

DSCF2798.jpg

DSCF2796.jpgDSCF2799.jpg

DSCF2795.jpgI've had great fun with these and once everything settles down with work and the move to LA, I'll grab a pair for myself. I'm in the depths of packing up my house, but I plan on shipping these out tomorrow, have fun with them Mandel!