Denime 66xx World Tour

louisbosco

Denime 66xx Woirld Tour Begins!! Happy 2016 and let us start this year with and awesome world tour!

A big thanks to Flash for donating the pair of Mccoy's era Denime 66xx for this world tour and for us in the smaller sizes to be able to experience this.  :D

So, i'll start of this thread by uploading some photos that were hurriedly taken. The parcel arrive from the UK couple of hours before i'm due to head of to the airport so i snapped what i could before packing them into my suitcase to be looked at later on.

CA086C07-DE8B-4F25-8E0C-AF3E39F20479_zps

FE216A73-9B93-464E-9F9F-791B4363F0BE_zps

04C48B64-B647-46D1-B45E-1B445781C752_zps

21504020-EF20-4FCE-8398-2D8590BDFF0C_zps

First impressions of the denim:  The denim is soft and smooth, they're definitely lighter than the pairs i've been wearing over the past few years. I don't have much experience of this area of denim but i have to say the texture of it has the feel of vintage pairs that had a very light and fair fade with those that resembles the old levi's pairs. It's smooth and has a very firm texture that is crisp but yet not that heavy. Overall it's a fairly simple and straightforward pair without all the bells and whistles.

So with further updates, this pair will head to singapore and throughout japan.. Stay tuned for more.. Do follow updates for this pair if you're on instagram @louisbosco and i've added the tags #denime #denimeworldtour #denime66xx

The list so far:

1) louisbosco

2) lukenstein

3) Rightyow77

4) chicote

5) Artisandenim

6) Lendo

7) Mandel9000

8) SLAB

9)

10)

11)

12)

Edited by louisbosco

Funny these jeans have practically circumnavigated the globe—Japan, to the UK, to Australia, and now back to Japan—without being worn... and I know personifying jeans is generally Ruedi's territory, but I'd imagine they're going to be happy to see their first wear back in their homeland!

Are these going to have a red tab attached to them? The unpicked stitching on the back pocket looks ominous...

that reminds me now, flash was telling me about the red tab. but i was in a rush to get to the airport and totally forgot about it.

what happened to the participants list? There are only two people on there

i'm not really sure who else is in.. the old thread was a interest thread, i thought i create i new thread to start off the world tour proper. if you're in let me know, i really can't remember who's in and who's not apart from the fact that after my go, i ship them off to lukenstein in the eastern states.

you know ... i thought i created a list but after checking the old thread it appears i was wrong :) 

here is a list of everyone who shown interest , it isnt in order of participation as i thought id leave it up to you guys to ship to the next closest person 

please pm me if ive missed your name 

louisbosco

Lukenstein

Rightyow77

chicote

Sugar Mountain

Artisandenim

Lendo

mandel9000

SLAB

so i had a very busy day running about Singapore settling errands on Tuesday before catching my flight to japan. The good news is i've managed to get the tab sewn back and put the first wear into the denim. Not much for now, having the need to sort some wednesday pictures of out and about tokyo to Visvim and Indigo camping trailer for the day before posting them. 

The tab is back on!! many huge thanks to mom though. i couldn't have done such a great job myself.

F4007CF6-37FA-4D6C-B810-E739A1EE16D7_zps

1D1390A3-EB09-439A-ADFC-A06FC9FEF982_zps40C7B756-EF3B-4A70-A44A-806DB021A8FC_zps

Just a simple show of the fit and me getting ready to go to the airport. more to follow soon!!

i unpicked the stitching with the intention of bringing it to a local seamstress to have the tab added but the wife said she would give it a go , came home to find the jeans in one hand and a bottle of glue in the other , she swore she was only going to glue the loose threads i unpicked inside the pocket seam ........ still not sure i believe her 

great fit on the jeans mate 

these are some main photos from my first day in tokyo, shot mostly with my canon 6d and some with the iphone 6s plus. brought my film but totally forgot to bring extra film.  :wacko: i'm such a smart ass..

First up anyways, touch down into Narita. I know Haneda is closer to the city but somehow i prefer landing in Narita.

IMG_0680_zpsckddpfik.jpg

I went in search of a coffee place in harajuku, took quite the walk but well worth it. 

IMG_0769_zpsyricolp6.jpgIMG_0694_zpst7hz6nx4.jpgIMG_0718_zpsfzbvd6hg.jpgIMG_0723_zpsz9a2ztrt.jpgIMG_0728_zps0jxxeaca.jpgIMG_0734_zpszdo9lxul.jpgIMG_4977_zpsthlrqslw.jpg

IMG_0737_zps10d6i2sn.jpg

Little Nap coffee stand. They're really well hidden in a small lane far away from the hustle and bustle. Tucked away among the residential building. Even the store interior was not huge, maybe about the size of a decent bathroom. However the coffee's pretty great. This place has been recommended by a mate who's a barista back in perth. The owner's rather quirky and he's got a couple of vinyl decks in the corner and many intricate stuff on display too.

to be continued..

one thing i realised in japan is that, there's plenty of european imports in LHD. came across this which i always wanted but in the 6x6 set up.

IMG_0742_zpswrgylzvn.jpg

around now in the night before calling it a day and starting the sightseeing tomorrow

IMG_5023_zps2grduz7r.jpg

i'm still looking for a perfect vantage point for this shibuya crossing shot...

IMG_0781_zpsqkb9smyo.jpgIMG_5017_zpsef962vub.jpgIMG_5026_zps8a43zpmy.jpgIMG_5027_zpsu6ihxlfg.jpg