spitfiredealer

WAYWT (denim version) 2016

sorry about the crap picture. Vintage 50's pea coat, Lee archives 34 101B and wolverine 1000 mile boots.

IMG_20160111_134428_zpso0je6enn.jpg

Edited by dylanbooth78

sorry about the crap picture. Vintage 50's pea coat, Lee archives 34 101B and wolverine 1000 mile boots.

IMG_20160111_134428_zpso0je6enn.jpg

Purchasing a vintage heavy wool peacoat is one of the best purchases ive ever made.

it fits real good on you dylan, i've tried on several vintage peacoats but all of them were a bad fit on me (they were massive big, even in my size.

it fits real good on you dylan, i've tried on several vintage peacoats but all of them were a bad fit on me (they were massive big, even in my size.

Specific time periods will give you different fits. Look for something in the early 50s

yeah, any thing from WW11 to the early 50's will be a trimmer fit. I wear a 42" suit jacket but that pea coat is a size 44! but you obviously go with actual measurements with vintage clothing. I read on the link posted by cmboland above that you can size down on the more modern pea coats. thanks for the plus reps guys!

Mine was a 1952 from "seafarer" you can see a fit of it on the previous page.

I think i paid $40 shipped for mine plus $25 to fix the sleeves (taper and hem) as well as reinforce the stitching. One thing to note is dry cleaning drys out the cotton stitching so it's more prone to rip. First time i dry cleaned mine i blew the stitching in the armpit and down the side. Therefore i spent the money to get things reinforced and fitted better. All in all. $65 for a 100% wool peacoat is a steal.

Edited by cmboland

interesting, I thought yours may be 60's - 70's because of it having 6 visible buttons but I guess non military versions differed (mine is also non military made by Fox Knapp)

...scrap that, I just re read the link you posted above which states "At some point after the war, the peacoat underwent a major change. The number of buttons showing on the front of the coat changed from eight to six."

All blue today ...

sJ3GDUn.jpg

Nudie GUSTEN
Gustin 18oz
RW 8882

yjda6w9.jpg

Wallet by Timeless
Wallet chain by Vater&Sohn

D20B95EC-B985-480B-A391-6A82CBBFAE07_zps

Iron Heart

Real McCoy

Joe McCoy

WxuKFtO.jpg

Iron Heart

Flat Head

Iron Heart

Hokkaido loving, where temps never go above 0C at all....

486129FA-F0EE-4972-8C20-AA29E0E99A0B_zps

Real Mccoy's

Smart Clothing Store

IH 666UHR

Visvim Virgil

Goros

Visvim Ballistic

John Lofgren Watch Cap

Self Edge x Iron Heart Overdyed Type III

Flat Head winter flannel western

Roy RT1002

Hickorees sneakers

VknNMFJh.jpg

John Lofgren Watch Cap

Self Edge x Iron Heart Overdyed Type III

Flat Head winter flannel western

Roy RT1002

Hickorees sneakers

How does the John Lof. watch cap compare to the William Gibson or regular Buzz Rickson iteration? Which would you say is longer? 

hr10zy9.jpg?1

XxyEu04.jpg?1

Real McCoy

Neighborhood

Iron Heart 1213 Henley

Iron Heart 130 Shirt

Iron Heart MBB's

Red Wing

Edited by spitfiredealer

How does the John Lof. watch cap compare to the William Gibson or regular Buzz Rickson iteration? Which would you say is longer? 

the john lofgren is longer than the buzz rickson and william gibson ones. the fabric on the buzz rickson and william gibson seems a little thicker and more tightly woven with a softer hand than the john lofgren one which has a coarser feel to them. 

qwQx4PR.jpg?1

r3AX7Ux.jpg

TCB 50's jacket.

Iron Heart turquoise/grey UHF workshirt.

Roy All Duck jeans.

John Lofgren Dessau.

^ Really nice colour combination there. I also think you benefit from having a little more room in the top block and thighs on those ducks - the fit looks great.

Thanks SM! The turquoise/grey goes really well with the ducks, and the cut of the All Duck jeans is definitely one of my favorites.

They're due for a wash soon, will try and get and update in the Roy thread.

nice mix of colours. I often wear the TCB jacket and duck vest with a similar although not as nice flannel in the same colours, it's a winner. And yeah I second SM about the roy's, that looks good to me. I think with your built you could look great even on a fuller cut.

Double denim Sunday pic

Not sure where the vest came from but I think it's Next ??

Orslow denim jacket

Taylor Toyo tee shirt

Evisu 2000 no.1

Vans

20160118_115226_zpsmt09bqwn.jpg

I think with your built you could look great even on a fuller cut.

I think you could be right, if I had a chance to try out a fuller cut in person that I was interested in I would give it a shot. But sadly there aren't really many shops to try things on in person here.

I might try out the Mister Freedom Lot 64 Okinawa Issue, those seem slightly fuller than what I've been wearing. I just wonder how most of the shoes I wear would look, I don't like it when my jeans flop around too much around sneakers!

give up sneakers and go for big boots! kidding apart in my experience chucks (and therefore other similar shoes like the ones you wear) work absolutely great with wide hems. on the other side new balance look terrible..don't be afraid of a 10 inch hem jean, I think you'll be surprised by how well it suits your built.

I'm probably going to order some Wesco's sooner rather than later, so I'll need some straighter-legged jeans!

Next time I make it to one of the SE locations or I'm in another city I'll be sure to track down some wider jeans.