WAYWT (denim version) 2016

spitfiredealer

@Cucoo, thanks man. Maker is Rios of Mercedes from Texas. Yee haw!! Western boots are bad ass, wonder why not too many folks rock them. I ain't no cowboy but I just love western boots. I like your tan cutter toe too. Been looking for a tan boot but haven't found the right one yet.

@Cucoo, thanks man. Maker is Rios of Mercedes from Texas. Yee haw!! Western boots are bad ass, wonder why not too many folks rock them. I ain't no cowboy but I just love western boots. I like your tan cutter toe too. Been looking for a tan boot but haven't found the right one yet.

Thanks! I've only seen and heard good things about Rios of Mercedes, sadly they're not really available in Europe and taking a shot in the dark with regards to boots is a bit too risky for me. I'll keep an eye or two open next time I'm in the US for sure though, planning on doing a 3 week Texas to California road trip maybe next year or the year after that. (I've been to the "old south" already and kept walking into every boot store I saw from Nashville to New Orleans but none carried any good quality boots, mostly cheap made in China tourist stuff. Was really bummed out about that, I imagined Tennessee being some kind of cowboy boot mecca... but I didn't actually look for "serious" boot stores.)

I have to confess those tan square toe boots are just ankle boots and they have a zipper too to make things worse, but they're by Sendra, a really decent Spanish boot maker. I got them for cheap on eBay because I needed some shorter boots to wear with more tapered pants.

Ya sizing western boots is a tricky thing if you can't try them on. Rios do fit true to size. I wear the same size in them and vans. I size down 1 to 1.5 sizes in my lucchese's. Unless you have a unusually wide or narrow or high or low arch, staying with your normal sneaker size should work fine with Rios boots. Or you can always order a couple different sizes to try.

The drive from Texas to Cali will be awesome. I've been wanting to do it too. New Mexico will be cool to check out too.

I've checked out sendra online and they make pretty nice stuff.

Trying to learn something about night photography... so far, all i've learned is i'm shit at it!

asdf_3.jpg

vintage / Apolis / sugar cane / doek

Edited by chicote

Trying to learn something about night photography... so far, all i've learned is i'm shit at it!

asdf_3.jpg

you chicote you seem like your what 18 -19?!

ebbets, gotta roll, fullcount, chucks

3UZA0vh.jpg

one of the reasons why i still come here to sufu cause of these fit pics real unpretentious and god damn good

@Cucoo, thanks man. Maker is Rios of Mercedes from Texas... 

I'm a big fan of Rios of Mercedes. I stumbled on them in Austin a couple years ago in a little shop on SoCo. I posted a vid series in the footwear page that goes into detail about they make them. I think they're the best western boots, better than Lucchese too, and they have some very fine boots - especially their hand-made line. 

I found they run small - I've had a few, and tried on dozens and dozens, of western boots. My foot measures a 9 in length, but I wear 9.5 or 10, wide. The shop in Austin had 10.5 that fit well, but they were a tad narrow. I couldn't even get my foot into a 9 the throat was so narrow. 

If I ever cop another pair of western boots it'll be RoM. Thanks for sharing those - now I'm having anti-buyer's remorse, LOL! 

asdf_3.jpg

So far so good. Use a second flash from the rear and it'll be gold :) Edited by cmboland