WAYWT (denim version) 2016

spitfiredealer

sorry about the crap picture. Vintage 50's pea coat, Lee archives 34 101B and wolverine 1000 mile boots.

IMG_20160111_134428_zpso0je6enn.jpg

Purchasing a vintage heavy wool peacoat is one of the best purchases ive ever made.

it fits real good on you dylan, i've tried on several vintage peacoats but all of them were a bad fit on me (they were massive big, even in my size.

Specific time periods will give you different fits. Look for something in the early 50s

yeah, any thing from WW11 to the early 50's will be a trimmer fit. I wear a 42" suit jacket but that pea coat is a size 44! but you obviously go with actual measurements with vintage clothing. I read on the link posted by cmboland above that you can size down on the more modern pea coats. thanks for the plus reps guys!

Mine was a 1952 from "seafarer" you can see a fit of it on the previous page.

I think i paid $40 shipped for mine plus $25 to fix the sleeves (taper and hem) as well as reinforce the stitching. One thing to note is dry cleaning drys out the cotton stitching so it's more prone to rip. First time i dry cleaned mine i blew the stitching in the armpit and down the side. Therefore i spent the money to get things reinforced and fitted better. All in all. $65 for a 100% wool peacoat is a steal.

Edited by cmboland

John Lofgren Watch Cap

Self Edge x Iron Heart Overdyed Type III

Flat Head winter flannel western

Roy RT1002

Hickorees sneakers

How does the John Lof. watch cap compare to the William Gibson or regular Buzz Rickson iteration? Which would you say is longer? 

How does the John Lof. watch cap compare to the William Gibson or regular Buzz Rickson iteration? Which would you say is longer? 

the john lofgren is longer than the buzz rickson and william gibson ones. the fabric on the buzz rickson and william gibson seems a little thicker and more tightly woven with a softer hand than the john lofgren one which has a coarser feel to them. 

Thanks SM! The turquoise/grey goes really well with the ducks, and the cut of the All Duck jeans is definitely one of my favorites.

They're due for a wash soon, will try and get and update in the Roy thread.

nice mix of colours. I often wear the TCB jacket and duck vest with a similar although not as nice flannel in the same colours, it's a winner. And yeah I second SM about the roy's, that looks good to me. I think with your built you could look great even on a fuller cut.

I think with your built you could look great even on a fuller cut.

I think you could be right, if I had a chance to try out a fuller cut in person that I was interested in I would give it a shot. But sadly there aren't really many shops to try things on in person here.

I might try out the Mister Freedom Lot 64 Okinawa Issue, those seem slightly fuller than what I've been wearing. I just wonder how most of the shoes I wear would look, I don't like it when my jeans flop around too much around sneakers!

give up sneakers and go for big boots! kidding apart in my experience chucks (and therefore other similar shoes like the ones you wear) work absolutely great with wide hems. on the other side new balance look terrible..don't be afraid of a 10 inch hem jean, I think you'll be surprised by how well it suits your built.

I'm probably going to order some Wesco's sooner rather than later, so I'll need some straighter-legged jeans!

Next time I make it to one of the SE locations or I'm in another city I'll be sure to track down some wider jeans.